Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Am i the only person who always preferred Mari + John Stewart together?

Astonishing Member

I preferred her with Bronze Tiger.

DC has enough Solid B characters that are languishing that they could introduce another team book -- be it a second Justice League or a new team. Offhand, there is also Zatanna, Plastic Man, Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Shazam. I gather Hawkman and Dr. Fate are reserved for JSA.

Vixen is #3 on the following list:

https://www.cbr.com/dc-heroes-more-p...han-they-know/
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Just imagine if Vixen launched 30,000 porcupine quills from her wrists or hands at an enemy's face!

Love Vixen and looks like she’s part of Dawn of DC. Note sure what the rules are for sharing here, but an article posted today on a bloody chilly comic news site has some rumors. Would love to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Love Vixen and looks like she’s part of Dawn of DC. Note sure what the rules are for sharing here, but an article posted today on a bloody chilly comic news site has some rumors. Would love to see it!
    I think you was talking about bleeding cool but I checked it out to see which rumor you were talking about. I found a rumor about a possible romance between Vixen and either current Batwing Luke Fox or the former Batwing David Zavimbe. I would be interested in her linking up with David because I feel it could develop David as a character and it would build Vixen's supporting cast. I wouldnt be as interested if they tried to tie her to Luke. and i mean less as in not very interested at all. I feel like Luke and Vixen together is about as weak if not weaker than Vixen and John but for the same reason; if they linked up it'd be random and only because they're recognizable black names. at least with David and Vixen they have common ground as international African based heroes and David has more room to build more connective tissue.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I wonder how Vixen and Mr. Terrific would work as a couple. Nature/magic + science/technology...Mr. Terrific being an atheist and Vixen getting her powers from an African god. And on that Batwing front, I'd prefer it if Vixen was as far away from the Batman franchise as possible.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-29-2023 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think you was talking about bleeding cool but I checked it out to see which rumor you were talking about. I found a rumor about a possible romance between Vixen and either current Batwing Luke Fox or the former Batwing David Zavimbe. I would be interested in her linking up with David because I feel it could develop David as a character and it would build Vixen's supporting cast. I wouldnt be as interested if they tried to tie her to Luke. and i mean less as in not very interested at all. I feel like Luke and Vixen together is about as weak if not weaker than Vixen and John but for the same reason; if they linked up it'd be random and only because they're recognizable black names. at least with David and Vixen they have common ground as international African based heroes and David has more room to build more connective tissue.
    Seems like it’s Mari and Luke, Rich speculated that DC *might* be putting a series together starring the two. I guess it could work but I’m not really thrilled at connecting Vixen to the Bats.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wouldn't mind if Vixen joined the Bat Family as long as it was part of one of the peripheral titles like BOP or Outsiders.

BOP did wonders for Black Canary and raised her character's profile and made her one of the top tier martial artists in the DCU.

Outsiders gave Black Lightning a secondary home and kept him relevant when he didn't have an ongoing of his own.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seems like it’s Mari and Luke, Rich speculated that DC *might* be putting a series together starring the two. I guess it could work but I’m not really thrilled at connecting Vixen to the Bats.
    if thats true then thats a bummer but from what I seen it stems from the Vixen & Batwing story thats appearing in DC Power, which is written by Chuck Brown, and I like Brown's work so maybe we'll get a good story out of it. if it does lead to a series with Brown at the helm then hey maybe it'll be good enough that it'll prove me wrong.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-29-2023 at 10:24 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I can't see Mari and Luke being a natural fit. Allies? Ok, but not a couple, and I'm unsure if the chemistry would be there. Of course, a good writer can make things work, but David feels a far more natural fit if it wasn't because he's been MIA for so long.

Plus, Zambesi seems to be in Central Africa, so she and David have that in common. Now the prospect of them teaming up and dating is stuck in my head.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

BANNED

I was never a fan of the JLU's Vixen / GL / Hawkgirl / Hawkman arrangement, especially the Shadow Thief revelation and Vixen's fate in the comics.

Pre-52, I figured on John Stewart somehow getting Katma Tui back; or, failing that, there was a golden opportunity for him and the likewise available Hawkwoman to get together.

I'm a Batman fan but I'm not a fan of half the Bat-family. Vixen is too good for Nightwi--, I mean, Batwing. I thought she and B'wana Beast were a good pairing in the B:TBATB series, and can also see her with his successor Freedom Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Am i the only person who always preferred Mari + John Stewart together?
    I enjoyed it. I imagine they would have a child named "Emerald", who like Jade could generate the Green Lantern energy but as green colored animals constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Just imagine if Vixen launched 30,000 porcupine quills from her wrists or hands at an enemy's face!

This would be cool, if she can project them like a Green Lanterns constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I agree with everything said here.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Vixen joined the Bat Family as long as it was part of one of the peripheral titles like BOP or Outsiders.

BOP did wonders for Black Canary and raised her character's profile and made her one of the top tier martial artists in the DCU.

Outsiders gave Black Lightning a secondary home and kept him relevant when he didn't have an ongoing of his own.
    Right. I'm cool with any positive exposure that increases Vixen's popularity. Even if it's connected to the BatGod of comics.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-30-2023 at 05:23 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I really don't think this is a good direction for Vixen..
    I would hate for her to be Bat-franchise adjacent and for the only reason for her to appear in books is because she’s with some Bat character.
    Plus I think Luke should be way too young for her, no?

Give me a good Global Guardians book with Mari as the leader instead, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really don't think this is a good direction for Vixen..
    I would hate for her to be Bat-franchise adjacent and for the only reason for her to appear in books is because she’s with some Bat character.
    Plus I think Luke should be way too young for her, no?

Give me a good Global Guardians book with Mari as the leader instead, please.
    I'm cool with it, if written well. Again anything that increase her popularity in a postive way is good.

As far as age goes....I assume this new Vixen is in her mid 20.

Also, I'm cool with Vixen leading the GG.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.