Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Before I forget again, while I find the Vixen webtoon underwhelming. I gotta admit I like the costume design. I also like that they remembered that Vixen's powers don't come from the totem.

Vixen....Screenshot_20230130-104408_Chrome.jpg
    I wish the legs were covered.
    Thunder...Screenshot_20230128-080213_Chrome.jpg
    Bumblebee...Screenshot_20230130-110044_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-30-2023 at 10:15 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Before I forget again, while I find the Vixen webtoon underwhelming. I gotta admit I like the costume design. I also like that they remembered that Vixen's powers don't come from the totem.

It’s my favorite of all the webtoons

Astonishing Member

Maybe those appeal to a younger audience? They all look hideous to me. Well, Vixen's is okay, but not great, IMHO.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really don't think this is a good direction for Vixen..
    I would hate for her to be Bat-franchise adjacent and for the only reason for her to appear in books is because she’s with some Bat character.
    Plus I think Luke should be way too young for her, no?

Give me a good Global Guardians book with Mari as the leader instead, please.
    That vs be adjacent to nothing and be using in background for an occasional book?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Vixen joined the Bat Family as long as it was part of one of the peripheral titles like BOP or Outsiders.

BOP did wonders for Black Canary and raised her character's profile and made her one of the top tier martial artists in the DCU.

Outsiders gave Black Lightning a secondary home and kept him relevant when he didn't have an ongoing of his own.
    Birds of Prey and The Outsiders would be a good fit for her.

BANNED

JLU and BTBATB have my top two favorite looks of Vixen; high heels optional, and hair/costume elements able to be switched between.

I really like the idea of Vixen having Global Guardians membership (leadership can be a limiting role) and so we can see her spending time around the globe hanging with the likes of Jack O'Lantern, Crimson Fox, or Fleur de Lis just as we could Martian Manhunter (JLD) or Amanda Waller (SS).

This rumored Vixen and Batwing pairing is lame, I said that on BC as well, it's giving very much pair the spares. I don't mind the de-aging, I don't mind the Bat association (her stock needs to rise), and since Gotham doesn't have any black female superheroes (hell the black population in Gotham seems to be 1% lol), there is uniqueness even if that location is overstuffed, but you want me to believe that Luke Fox can bag Vixen and that it makes sense ...ok.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-30-2023 at 03:46 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

That Vixen webtoon makes me want to rip out what's left of my hair every time I read it. "Why keep reading it, then?" some people may wonder. Legitimate question... I keep reading it because it's Vixen, but I have to keep reminding myself that I am not the target audience for this webtoon, apparently younger people are the intended audience for it.

One of the things that bothers me about it is it feels like it is DRAGGING on and on and on and on. Another thing I hate about it is this is Vixen's webtoon...so why are Grace Choi and Bumblebee in EVERY EPISODE as well? The name of the webtoon is VIXEN, not VIXEN AND FRIENDS. I can understand guest stars, but Grace Choi has been there since Episode 1 I believe, and she annoys me as a character, especially when they have her training Mari. And the comment sections for just about every episode were gushing more over Grace than they were over Vixen, which is never a good thing.

Yet another thing that bugs me about the webtoon is that the writer keeps having Vixen SAY OUTLOUD the name of the animal(s) she is about to mimic. In story/in universe, that is a HORRIBLE battle strategy because why on Earth would Vixen want her enemies to know what attack she is about to launch? That would be like me telling someone "Okay, I'm about to punch you in your nose!" or "I'm about to stomp on your foot" right before I do it. In my mind, Vixen should act like the animals she mimics...she should be silent, mysterious, cunning, stealthy, etc... not yelling "Bear!" at the top of her lungs when she wants to mimic the power of a bear. I miss the days when THOUGHT BALLOONS were used in comics.

Sorry, end of rant. LOL
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

I love it when Vixen has darker colors incorporated into her costume:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    That Vixen webtoon makes me want to rip out what's left of my hair every time I read it. "Why keep reading it, then?" some people may wonder. Legitimate question... I keep reading it because it's Vixen, but I have to keep reminding myself that I am not the target audience for this webtoon, apparently younger people are the intended audience for it.

One of the things that bothers me about it is it feels like it is DRAGGING on and on and on and on. Another thing I hate about it is this is Vixen's webtoon...so why are Grace Choi and Bumblebee in EVERY EPISODE as well? The name of the webtoon is VIXEN, not VIXEN AND FRIENDS. I can understand guest stars, but Grace Choi has been there since Episode 1 I believe, and she annoys me as a character, especially when they have her training Mari. And the comment sections for just about every episode were gushing more over Grace than they were over Vixen, which is never a good thing.

Yet another thing that bugs me about the webtoon is that the writer keeps having Vixen SAY OUTLOUD the name of the animal(s) she is about to mimic. In story/in universe, that is a HORRIBLE battle strategy because why on Earth would Vixen want her enemies to know what attack she is about to launch? That would be like me telling someone "Okay, I'm about to punch you in your nose!" or "I'm about to stomp on your foot" right before I do it. In my mind, Vixen should act like the animals she mimics...she should be silent, mysterious, cunning, stealthy, etc... not yelling "Bear!" at the top of her lungs when she wants to mimic the power of a bear. I miss the days when THOUGHT BALLOONS were used in comics.

Sorry, end of rant. LOL
    Agree 100%. I generally forget it still comes out and have to go back 3 to 4 episodes. Truthfully, this version of zVi en is kind of bland. I only read it for my Vixen fixs.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really don't think this is a good direction for Vixen..
    I would hate for her to be Bat-franchise adjacent and for the only reason for her to appear in books is because she’s with some Bat character.
    Plus I think Luke should be way too young for her, no?

Give me a good Global Guardians book with Mari as the leader instead, please.

I would not mind if this anthology story leads to a Vixen and Batwing spin-off, a team-up book with two characters allows for more development than a team book with 5 - 7 members.

Plus, Luke is a wealthy tech mogul and mixed martial arts fighter, and Vixen is a successful entrepreneur and fashion model, it is written well I can see it working. They don't have to be 'the one' for each other but I think the pairing can create enough interest to grab people's attention.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Birds of Prey and The Outsiders would be a good fit for her.
    Birds of Prey would be great -- even if it's considered a Batman Family book. Her experience with Suicide Squad would make her a great BOP member. If DC didn't go out of their way to prop up Harley Quinn, maybe the could produce a decent BOP series again!

So I think I just found Vixen's most powerful mimicked ability. So I was rereading "Tis the Season to be Freezizlng" and Vixen used the mental powers of an octopus, to break the Penguins mental control.
    Screenshot_20230122-140757_Chrome.jpg

It took me a minute to realize she was using Aquaman's pet octopus called Topo's telepathy. Topo is the only telepathic octopus in DC (as far as I know) and he is also a member of the Super-Pets....which happen to be in the same story. Now here is a picture of Topo in New52 comics...
    Screenshot_20230130-115606_Chrome.jpg

Now I could be wrong but I can't think of any other telepathic octopus/Krakens in DC.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 01-30-2023 at 08:40 PM.

I liked her dynamic with Luke in today's anthology. I'm hoping it gets explores further but it's probably gonna be dropped next time they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I love it when Vixen has darker colors incorporated into her costume:

I agree! These are both fabulous