Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I want my Sif back
    Attachment 134256
    Yeah, and I want her back together with Thor.

They've been apart for too long.

Holy crap that was an awesome issue. The intrigue, the dialogue, The Storms!

In Ewing, We Trust.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The one thing I really loved about the issue was Thor simply deciding what worthiness is and no longer railing against his father's commandments.

It's something that Aaron injected into the mythos that really through stuff off and didn't really make sense.

Between Odin and Thor, they could have simply decided what was "worthy" and moved on to more serious things.
    And basically telling the audience we won't have any "is he worthy?" nonsense in this run.
    Also, it's good to see that Thor has a connection to Midgard that's always brought him back there.

Too many writers have ignored this.
    Yeah, Thor just enjoying himself on Midgard and fighting crime and fascism was cool.
    Yeah, and I want her back together with Thor.

They've been apart for too long.
    And we haven't really had any good romance in Thor in quite some time.

I mean, even in Aaron's run he had Thor and Jane dancing around each other but never committing, Jane making out with Sam Wilson (even when he had a girlfriend) or just generally no relationships at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And basically telling the audience we won't have any "is he worthy?" nonsense in this run.

Yeah, Thor just enjoying himself on Midgard and fighting crime and fascism was cool.

And we haven't really had any good romance in Thor in quite some time.

I mean, even in Aaron's run he had Thor and Jane dancing around each other but never committing, Jane making out with Sam Wilson (even when he had a girlfriend) or just generally no relationships at all.
    Yeah, it's good to see Thor superheroing again. It feels like a very, VERY long time that we've seen it (even if it seems some dark and huge stuff is coming down the pike).

Aaron spent a lot of time deconstructing Thor and ultimately not really saying much (?).

He almost completely broke away from the classic elements of the character. He set up a "casual" relationship between She-Hulk and Thor and it didn't go anywhere. With Jane Foster, Aaron wrote her in a way that she couldn't really be in steady relationship because of her "greatness". I mean, he pretty much ignored her previous family and her son (who's dead now..lolol).

Aaron's Thor was an alcoholic cheater, I honestly hope Ewing can restore Thor's "dignity" and even retcon those dumb elements like Thor being a cheater.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-23-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Thor telling the storm to get the **** outta here

Oh, and Loki is no longer a king. Honestly that went quicker than I expected it too.
    Yeah, it's good to see Thor superheroing again. It feels like a very, VERY long time that we've seen it (even if it seems some dark and huge stuff is coming down the pike).

Aaron spent a lot of time deconstructing Thor and ultimately not really saying much (?).

He almost completely broke away from the classic elements of the character. He set up a "casual" relationship between She-Hulk and Thor and it didn't go anywhere. With Jane Foster, Aaron wrote her in a way that she couldn't really be in steady relationship because of her "greatness". I mean, he pretty much ignored her previous family and her son (who's dead now..lolol).

Aaron's Thor was an alcoholic cheater, I honestly hope Ewing can restore Thor's "dignity" and even retcon those dumb elements like Thor being a cheater.
    I'll be very curious to see how Ewing handles Jane when she shows up (I think he confirmed in interviews he'd be writing her for this).

I would love to see Thor visit his ancestors from time to time to discuss various matters involving the realm. Odin once said Thor reminded him more of Bor, his own father more than himself. And the asgardians need to stop running to Thor (and it was Odin) for everything....it's like they have no abilities other than the standard stuff. Like calling the white House if you get a plumbing leak. The other pantheons aren't treated so shabby. What about political intrigue among the pantheons? Theres land mines there to go through. Time to bring back the "god" in the gods and stop trying to humanize them into scrawny punks in dress up. Copiels asgardians LOOKED like gods standing in a crowd. Different order of being.

I wonder if the Gods above in Shadow found new sustenance since Rune Thor dealt with their parasitic habits before, breaking the threads of fate and freeing Asgard from ragnarok. Long overdue developing Thor's other heritage and good to know Gaea will be a player. They clearly want Thor and possibly Loki to endure a right of passage. What's their endgame?

The warriors FOUR? Welp, Hildegarde is cool so I'm down with that. Might add a new dynamic.

I think this Thor will have myth and legend, something we haven't seen since the Simonson era. Love the art! The he/she teen punk-femme look Loki does nothing for me and feels forced and fanfic trendy.There's a sex morphing/binary obsession in comics that's getting to be overkill and annoying. It doesn't add to Loki's character or make him more interesting. We have Angela shoehorned in with her friend, the nonsense with Hela/Karnilla being married, Ivy/Harley, etc etc...Even preferences are becoming a fad, mostly with female characters. 'Cause strong females gotta be lesbian, right? And if it isn't obvious we gotta HINT at it ' or change them cause see all the dudes wanna see women together! Everything is anything, just one big gray area. Whatever. I'm waiting for Thor and Hercules to 'get it on' in a moment of weakness. I'm sure it would be rationalized tastefully and at great length because of Hercules' history. Rant over.

LOL WHAT HAPPENED TO SIFS HAND IN ONE PANEL

And enough with the Thor knockoffs and wannabes.This is part of the overall watering down the character endured over the years. Thor turned into a costume people could put on or take off or a meathead strongman that needed a pet hammer.

Overall I really like this! Been on a Thor hiatus since all that unworthy/Jane/Hammer crap started. Now I'm back!!
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Are those Utgard gods supposed to be Those Who Sit Above in Shadow from Ragnrok arc?
    I think one line kinda directly suggests that?
    And Gaea refers to them as siblings, so they are technically Elder Gods?
    Also are other Valkyries back? Kinda out of the loop now.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-26-2023 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    The he/she teen punk-femme look Loki does nothing for me and feels forced and fanfic trendy.There's a sex morphing/binary obsession in comics that's getting to be overkill and annoying. It doesn't add to Loki's character or make him more interesting. We have Angela shoehorned in with her friend, the nonsense with Hela/Karnilla being married, Ivy/Harley, etc etc...Even preferences are becoming a fad, mostly with female characters. 'Cause strong females gotta be lesbian, right? And if it isn't obvious we gotta HINT at it ' or change them cause see all the dudes wanna see women together! Everything is anything, just one big gray area. Whatever. I'm waiting for Thor and Hercules to 'get it on' in a moment of weakness. I'm sure it would be rationalized tastefully and at great length because of Hercules' history. Rant over.
    And you didn't even mention Fandral and Loki flirting with each other...

Apparently they are a popular ship with gays so it looks like Fandral is getting 'bi-ed' or 'pan-ned'.

I'm sure they'll get around to 'Thor and Hercules' eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    spoilers:
    Are those Utgard gods supposed to be Those Who Sit Above in Shadow from Ragnrok arc?
    I think one line kinda directly suggest that?
    And Gaea refers to them as siblings, so they are technically Elder Gods?
    Also are other Valkyries back? Kinda out of the loop now.
    end of spoilers
    In my interpretation, i would say that seems the path that Al will go, basically Cates already tried to place the characters you mentioned to use them later (Thor vol 6 #9), unfortunately he didn't finish his run, so in this particular plot point, yeah Al seems to pick something that Donny left open.
    Regarding the Valkyries, if i am not missing the basics around the comics around Jane, we have just Jane and Runa that came from the Mcu for synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    And you didn't even mention Fandral and Loki flirting with each other...

Apparently they are a popular ship with gays so it looks like Fandral is getting 'bi-ed' or 'pan-ned'.

I'm sure they'll get around to 'Thor and Hercules' eventually.
    Well, as long as Loki looks like a woman .

Miss you Kathellyn Immonen. In recent years Sif has been pushed into the shadows, to let Jane Foster be more prominent (which may be why I hate Jane).
    Sif - Journey Into Mystery - The Complete Collection - 073.jpg

I didn't like what Ewing did to the Greek gods, they are characters who deserved better. Mostly Ares, he was the best thing about Dark Avengers and Bendis' Mighty Avengers.

Wow, Thor back to his old self. This is nice. Good first issue, I'm actually feeling optimistic about this run.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Holy crap that was an awesome issue. The intrigue, the dialogue, The Storms!

In Ewing, We Trust.
    Well, well.

Thor back on the map finally? Might have to check out this issue...

"Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Hey, hey...now this is the Thor I know.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.