Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Poor Wil (Moss), with so many hammer shenanigans i bet at this point he had no idea what was going on with the said hammer, or he did, but is incompetent or even better his function was extinct at marvel and he only works in numbering?

So yes is it possible that there is no editor on Thor comics anymore, yet who is Thor's mom is not really a question of coordination, is it? I mean does anyone think Phoenix Force will have any weight in Thor's canon beyond Aaron?

Moving on, Realm of X 1 by Torunn Grønbekk takes place in Vanaheim, where she established that the Vanir once had cities, technology and weapons that rival Asgard but abandoned the said cities and decided to live a simpler life because of prophecies.

Not sure what to think about these creative decisions, just restore Vanaheim and the Vanir with know characters (Bakder & Karnilla) and create a world that can be identifiable like what happens with the other realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sif View Post
    Poor Wil (Moss), with so many hammer shenanigans i bet at this point he had no idea what was going on with the said hammer, or he did, but is incompetent or even better his function was extinct at marvel and he only works in numbering?

So yes is it possible that there is no editor on Thor comics anymore, yet who is Thor's mom is not really a question of coordination, is it? I mean does anyone think Phoenix Force will have any weight in Thor's canon beyond Aaron?

Moving on, Realm of X 1 by Torunn Grønbekk takes place in Vanaheim, where she established that the Vanir once had cities, technology and weapons that rival Asgard but abandoned the said cities and decided to live a simpler life because of prophecies.

Not sure what to think about these creative decisions, just restore Vanaheim and the Vanir with know characters (Bakder & Karnilla) and create a world that can be identifiable like what happens with the other realms.
    Aaron wasted way too much time trying to inject the Phoenix into the Thor mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aaron wasted way too much time trying to inject the Phoenix into the Thor mythos.
    No one cared about that but him. We didn't like it and the X-Fans must have been gnashing their teeth.

Ultimate Member

Aaron has a "phoenix-fetish". LOL.

He used the Phoenix in Thor, used it in his Avengers (an entire arc devoted to it), and used it in Spider-man and Wolverine (in all places).

Thor being connected to the Phoenix is all manner of dumb.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Whats bizarre is him doing that in the Avengers run.

Like Aaron was on a multi-year Thor run where he basically had cart-blanche to do whatever he wanted. Why he didn't at least try to set-up the Phoenix stuff when he was still writing Thor is very odd.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Like Aaron was on a multi-year Thor run where he basically had cart-blanche to do whatever he wanted. Why he didn't at least try to set-up the Phoenix stuff when he was still writing Thor is very odd.
    Gift horse, man

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    No one cared about that but him. We didn't like it and the X-Fans must have been gnashing their teeth.
    I can't imagine they liked seeing a prehistoric Jean Grey macking with drunkard Odin.

And plus all the nonsense with Phoenix Echo and her miniseries trying to retcon Echo has having some great connection and history to the Phoenix like or greater than what Jean has.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Gift horse, man
    Fucking hilarious man, at least his Jane stuff actually has fans. Meanwhile Phoenix-Thor is just maligned in every regard.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Trying to stamp more of his mythos on the character.

I don't know why he thought it would be a good idea, I mean he had so much good will and Thor already has a deep bench when it comes to mythology; there's no need to involve him in the mutant saga.

Phoenix Thor really was not something that I liked for the character. I also was not a fan of the Avengers 1 million BC retconning the relationship between Phoenix and Odin/Asgard.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Phoenix Thor really was not something that I liked for the character. I also was not a fan of the Avengers 1 million BC retconning the relationship between Phoenix and Odin/Asgard.
    Agreed completely. It was just so unnecessary.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    LOVE this artwork!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

“ But I have many names, serpent, even as you. Vingthor the Hurler, Longbeard's Son, have I been called. Hrodr's foeman, too. In Tyr's ancestral home, wisest Hymir knew my name as Veur; unhappy Hrungnir's playmate some have called me. East of Elvigar in Gianthome they whisper Hloriddi's name. My father called me son. My mother called me darling. And beneath the vaults of Heaven, I am Thor Odinson, the Thunderer, Jormungand's Fear! “

Thor can visit people who know him by these names, for sure.. haha..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    “ But I have many names, serpent, even as you. Vingthor the Hurler, Longbeard's Son, have I been called. Hrodr's foeman, too. In Tyr's ancestral home, wisest Hymir knew my name as Veur; unhappy Hrungnir's playmate some have called me. East of Elvigar in Gianthome they whisper Hloriddi's name. My father called me son. My mother called me darling. And beneath the vaults of Heaven, I am Thor Odinson, the Thunderer, Jormungand's Fear! “

Thor can visit people who know him by these names, for sure.. haha..
    Indeed. Definitely, an All-Time Classic

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Definitely, an All-Time Classic
    Huh, I just now realized what that weird helmet and costume from Love and Thunder may have been based on

Huh, I just now realized what that weird helmet and costume from Love and Thunder may have been based on
    I always just find it funny that he made a helmet and then immediately ditched it after five seconds. Like what was the point ?