Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm admittedly not much of a Thor fan, but based on my readings fans on here and such he's been portrayed a bit of a moron for a while before this run so I'm glad he was very competent in this issue. I'm actually very surprised the weapon he crafted isn't Ultimate Mjolnir! Kinda reminds me of the MCU Stormbreaker. Next issue may be Thor Vs. Storm? I hope Ewing treats that with care, because I'm sure a large group of people will be mad if it goes south lol. My main question is, I wonder how the characters (and Storm) will get their hammers? Originally I thought they would pulled through the multiverse or something but seeing as how Earth-616 Storm is showing up I think the other characters will be the same.

spoilers:
    I love how Ewing writes a more cerebral and emotionally intuitive Thor. Past writers would have wrote him just throwing his hammer at everything or getting frustrated like a brute. But instead we get a creative and thoughtful Thor, which is best Thor.

Will this be the last time we see Thor with a beard in this run?

For supposedly being back to "Trickster" Loki mode, or villain Loki, Loki didn't really feel like it. Way too playful, soft, and non-threatening. I was expecting something more savage and cruel. Even at the end when Loki pulled a Loki it felt false, moreso than it would have been had it actually been the old Loki. Also the costume was bit much, but I guess it might be a one-off. Also was Loki in female form the whole issue? Hard to tell sometimes.

So is Thor going to be making three new weapons, with this axe being the first?

I guess Ewing couldn't resist bringing in Storm to show how awesome she is even in a Thor book. Though I also think he was referencing Jane with the person least likely to be happy to see Loki.
    end of spoilers

Pffthahaha! Man this was great.

spoilers:
    Thor crafting the first of new magic weapons in his new battle of older gods sounds great. The issue didn't feel like time was wasted.

But man Loki ruined it with that big flashy shout. Had us going but that showy spiel just made me laugh.

Not sure about Storm guest starring.
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

So messy.

Its just like Mcu Thor Dark World, Loki just forced, but without actually being threatening like originally, no the All Power doesn't work here but then the weapon is an All Kings creation and bores his magic? Please.

The dying Mcu synergy is just pathetic at this point, why did Al hinted in the last Thor annual that was enough about hammers stories? And fixed Mjolnir so simply? And now!?

Probably intelligent Thor would rather try to perceive what Toranos wants? Just bring Darkness like Dark World Malekith? Lol.

I think we all get current comics vicious cycles, change back the character portrayal like the fan base wants and Thor is back, but not really, honestly not only the story is nothing special or fresh, but how its being told makes it look even worse.

Well, you see, this time its an axe, not a hammer.

I thought it was good. A smart, thoughtful Thor, and great art - I was a little worried when I heard Thor would be in his classic costume because it can look a bit dull, but Cóccolo has made it look really good. Altogether this is promising to be a really good run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sif View Post
    So messy.

Its just like Mcu Thor Dark World, Loki just forced, but without actually being threatening like originally, no the All Power doesn't work here but then the weapon is an All Kings creation and bores his magic? Please.

The dying Mcu synergy is just pathetic at this point, why did Al hinted in the last Thor annual that was enough about hammers stories? And fixed Mjolnir so simply? And now!?

Probably intelligent Thor would rather try to perceive what Toranos wants? Just bring Darkness like Dark World Malekith? Lol.

I think we all get current comics vicious cycles, change back the character portrayal like the fan base wants and Thor is back, but not really, honestly not only the story is nothing special or fresh, but how its being told makes it look even worse.
    So. Did you like the book?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    So. Did you like the book?
    Not really, waste of time, not a fan of hammer stories, that were better done in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, you see, this time its an axe, not a hammer.
    Thor making swanky lil weapons for his besties is sweet and I love it.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Must admit - I’m not automatically sold on this run the same way I was with Immortal Hulk. Maybe the title of “Immortal” has meant I make unfair comparison. But IH cemented its goal in Issue 1. In this, I’m not quite sure what the premise is. Thor is fun again?

I suspect the “wheel” will be this runs version of the “green door”, but it all just seems a little more convoluted than the Green Door was.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Must admit - I’m not automatically sold on this run the same way I was with Immortal Hulk. Maybe the title of “Immortal” has meant I make unfair comparison. But IH cemented its goal in Issue 1. In this, I’m not quite sure what the premise is. Thor is fun again?

I suspect the “wheel” will be this runs version of the “green door”, but it all just seems a little more convoluted than the Green Door was.
    I wonder if the first arc is just putting all the pieces in place before Ewing starts cooking with gas.

There's nearly a decade worth of rebuilding to do with the Thor mythos.

Maybe think of it as a slowly unveiling myth in the new legend of Thor.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe think of it as a slowly unveiling myth in the new legend of Thor.
    Sure. That works.

I think, as I said, the “Immortal” title throws me as Hulk was so direct whereas this feels more loose. I have faith in Ewing and have no issues with what he’s cooking up at all.

I get it, Aaron wounds are so profound that you want to applaud a new take, so things in the title can be seen as something in a healing phase?

Yes, in the comic book community there is not much objectivity or even sincerity, be it for passion, insecurity or whatever, yet if we acknowledge how a lot more powerful franchises than Marvel Thor comics, can enter in never ending spiral of poor content, because fans completely ignored reality/facts check, i stand by, if its not good its not good, lets readjust what is not working or try again, and again and again, like Thor in his battles, perhaps we will need to emulate his durability in the wait... For myself be it.