Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Manapul makes Thor look so good, and I love that Momoko cover

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Didn't read any of his Hulk stuff. Heard good things about it.
    I wonder how he will tackle Thor? Even though I think Thor should be immortal anyway.
    Here's a link to the issue.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/05/15/im...s-august-2023/
    Never expected the classic look to come back.

This does look like a very refreshing return to form. Not that I don't think Ewing won't do a good job, it's kind of sad that we have to depend on him for this stuff.

Are they the Warriors Four now? Looks like Volstagg has rejoined the Warriors Three, but Hildegarde is still there as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Damn Ewing writing both of my faves?!?! So far I'm loving what he's doing with Storm and heard great things about his Hulk run, so I'm eagerly anticipating what he'll do with Thor.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Could we actually get classic Thor? Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never expected the classic look to come back.
    Yeah, me neither. As much as I love the classic look I do like the current costume and wished that he kept it.
    But it seems that with some relaunches of a character they will change their appearance to something new or back to a classic look.
    I’d presume Ewing wants to start with a clean slate for Thor, so going back to his original look makes sense. I hope the 60 second rule doesn’t come back
    though and Thor doesn’t have anymore unworthy issues. That horse has been beaten to death on too many occasions now.
    I do wonder how they will tie this into Jed MacKay’s Avengers run as he’s wearing his new costume.
    With all that being said, it’s exciting to see a writer like Ewing finally write an ongoing Thor book. I think people have been wanting him to write Thor for a long time.
    Last edited by adey040812; 05-15-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Avengers will just update his look - same as Iron Man who's getting a new armor - the same thing happened in the second arc of Aaron's run, Carol had short hair, but in The Life of Captain Marvel she retired for a few months and grew her hair long. Avengers had to reflect that change.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Excited to see Ewing on Thor, hopefully he'll get a nice, lengthy run with him

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Avengers will just update his look - same as Iron Man who's getting a new armor - the same thing happened in the second arc of Aaron's run, Carol had short hair, but in The Life of Captain Marvel she retired for a few months and grew her hair long. Avengers had to reflect that change.
    Vaguely remember something about McKay's Avengers switching to T'Challa's new suit. So yeah, it seems pretty likely that at some point we'll see the same happen with Thor's (new?) costume too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Actually, the solicit for Avengers #4 in August looks like they have a variant cover which shows Thor in his classic (new) costume. It’s difficult to make out though.
    I can’t wait to hear what Ewing has in store for Thor.

we bout to be FEASTING!! Al Ewing on Thor? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Predictable. Still terrible for Thor.

Al Ewing last issues of Loki Agent of Asgard were just horrible, a lot of comic book fans point how inconsistent Cates can be, yet as an example, he did try to explain why Thor could not access to the full power of the Odin force, Ewing was just like Odin does not have the Odin-Force because he does not have it, and Aaron just carry this to the main book, where everything was valid to downgrade Odin.

Some bring Matt Fraction as the beginning of current Odin portrayal, but Fraction still made Odin the (only) one that could lead with Surtur destructive power in the end of his run, Al Ewing was in fact who started the hopeless Odin trend.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Damn this is a Hell of announcement.

If its even half as good as Immortal Hulk then this will be a strong book.