Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    fair enough, but Vikings weren't really known for monogamy
    Honestly I always thought Sif was in a polyamorous relationship with Thor and Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Ages of Thunder starts by stating it’s taking place in the “Third Age of Ragnarok”, Reign of Blood and Man of War areset in the “Twenty-Third Age of Ragnarok”. It’s also the only way some of the things in the story like Enchantress being Amora, Freyja and Idunn makes sense.

Also while I have no issue with Thor sowing his wild oats, I don’t see him as the type to have multiple literal concubines which the Thor in Ages of Thunder does.
    So Jurgens is one Thor, Oeming another, and Straczynski a new one?

Plus that series ends with the Blake path, and in Straczynski times will still had Frigga, no Ragnarok happened and Fraction still transform her into Freyja, did it make sense? Nope. Fraction tried to modernize some aspects of classic Thor.

Much better argument would be that Thor was not influenced (yet) by the mortals way of life.

Perhaps without knowing, some of you are making credible some of the worse writing on Thor, that is completely humanize him. (Still Odin/Asgard x Gaea/Midgard/Blake) not (Gaea/Midgard x Blake/Midgard)

If even his own fan base doesn't really know that Thor is NOT a Demigod or human with the powers of a God, he is a God that was conceived to one day be the God of the Gods (current take hopefully), and that romantic **** feels really really small, and not why i read Thor.

Better if Al has the courage to finally validate All Father Thor by making Sif All Mother, i don't want the series to get focus on their relation, but still be about the usual Gods Journey Into Mystery.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Honestly I always thought Sif was in a polyamorous relationship with Thor and Bill.
    I can see that

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sif View Post

Plus that series ends with the Blake path, and in Straczynski times will still had Frigga, no Ragnarok happened and Fraction still transform her into Freyja, did it make sense? Nope. Fraction tried to modernize some aspects of classic Thor.

Much better argument would be that Thor was not influenced (yet) by the mortals way of life.

Perhaps without knowing, some of you are making credible some of the worse writing on Thor, that is completely humanize him. (Still Odin/Asgard x Gaea/Midgard/Blake) not (Gaea/Midgard x Blake/Midgard)

If even his own fan base doesn't really know that Thor is NOT a Demigod or human with the powers of a God, he is a God that was conceived to one day be the God of the Gods (current take hopefully), and that romantic **** feels really really small, and not why i read Thor.

Better if Al has the courage to finally validate All Father Thor by making Sif All Mother, i don't want the series to get focus on their relation, but still be about the usual Gods Journey Into Mystery.
    Oeming’s run explicitly revealed that Ragnarok was a cycle where the gods died and were reborn endlessly while Those Who Sit Above In Shadows fed on them until Thor ended it at the conclusion. JMS’ run was about Thor and the other Asgardians dealing with the fact that there was no longer a cycle and thus for the first time they had no destiny.

And from Reign of Blood’s original solicitation:

From Ragnarok to Ragnarok, in a cycle that spans the millennia, the pantheon of Asgard lives and dies and is born anew. And with each different form and in each new age, come new adventures, greater challenges...and more dire treacheries!
    Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 09-10-2023 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Oeming’s run explicitly revealed that Ragnarok was a cycle where the gods died and were reborn endlessly while Those Who Sit Above In Shadows fed on them until Thor ended it at the conclusion. JMS’ run was about Thor and the other Asgardians dealing with the fact that there was no longer a cycle and thus for the first time they had no destiny.

And from Reign of Blood’s original solicitation:
    JMS rebirths again, but this time without a cycle, but he does reborn again, i don't see how Raganroks are not part of Thor lore and canon?

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

JMS rebirths again, but this time without a cycle, but he does reborn again, i don't see how Raganroks are not part of Thor lore and canon?
    They are canon but they don’t apply to the current Thor any more than the red-haired Thor shown in the Eye of Odin’s flashback during Roy Thomas’ original run does. It’s like saying that the current Thor is his own father, brother and nephew because in a previous life he lived as Seigmund, unknowingly married and impregnated his sister (due to magic) and then died and was reborn as his own son Siegfried before dying again later as told in the lead-up to Thor #300.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Aaron was trying to make Jane look better by making Thor look worse rather than by showing us how Jane was worthy. It was cheap, lazy writing. I'm all for the idea that Asgardians have a different moral compass, but this would be a poor way to show it, especially since there's been no precedent for it in Thor's previous behavior or what we've seen of Asgardians. Not to mention Thor seemed to recognize that what he did was wrong, so it's hard to argue his morals were coming from a different place and just seems like he knew what he did was wrong and just didn't care until it came back on him.
    That just about sums up the problem with Jane.
    It would've just made it simpler. In the actual run it felt like she was drawn to Bill because he was like Thor who wasn't paying attention to her but went back to Thor when that started to change.

The book could use some solid romance. Preferably with Sif.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

With how on-again/off-again Sif can be with Thor and Bill, I thought it be funny if Thor and Bill were co-husbands to Sif.

They are Gods after all, well Thor and Sif are. Its not like they have to be strictly monogamous.

With how on-again/off-again Sif can be with Thor and Bill, I thought it be funny if Thor and Bill were co-husbands to Sif.

They are Gods after all, well Thor and Sif are. Its not like they have to be strictly monogamous.
    Not sure if Bill would be down .

Moving on.

What about Skuttlebutt? Isn't Bill in love with his battleship?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would've just made it simpler. In the actual run it felt like she was drawn to Bill because he was like Thor who wasn't paying attention to her but went back to Thor when that started to change.
    LOL! I still remember the time Sif met Bill's new companion...

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    fair enough, but Vikings weren't really known for monogamy
    Hagar the Horrible disagrees
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver