Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Probably a better Young Thor story than all of Aaron's Young Thor stories .

Immortal Thor 3 preview
    Last edited by juan678; 10-13-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Immortal Thor 6 or 7 preview
    According to sites like MajorSpoilers and GraphicPolicy that’s actually a preview of Immortal Thor #3 and those pages are supposed to go in the reverse order.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Immortal Thor 3 preview
    The return of bearded Thor!

Amazing Member

Art is pretty killer. Coccolo's Thor looks great.

Love seeing the classic spinning hammer wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    That ************!

I wonder if Filmation had produced a Thor animated series in the 1980s, what it could have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder if Filmation had produced a Thor animated series in the 1980s, what it could have been like.
    I love He-Man .

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    THOR-MAN AND THE CAPTAINS OF THE UNIVERSE!

THOR-MAN!

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I love these comments from Jed MacKay about his use of Thor in the final issue of his first arc "City Killers" from Avengers. I wish more writers would think of Thor like this considering who he is and how long he has been around.

spoilers:
    CBR: We also saw Thor defeat Idol Alabaster by using something he's not often known for -- cunning and deductive reasoning. He figured out what her weakness was and acted on it before she could react. What's your sense of Thor's wit and cunning?

Jed MacKay: I think something that is interesting about Thor is that he's old as hell and has a breadth of experience that is largely unmatched [by] the rest of the Marvel Universe. Admittedly, Thor is hard to kill, but you don't survive as long as he has with a lifestyle as frequently fatal as his is without being extremely sharp, whether or not you choose to throw that in everyone else's face like a certain metal-clad egomaniac (Doom? Tony? It is a mystery).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by adey040812; 11-15-2023 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    I love these comments from Jed MacKay about his use of Thor in the final issue of his first arc "City Killers" from Avengers. I wish more writers would think of Thor like this considering who he is and how long he has been around.

spoilers:
    CBR: We also saw Thor defeat Idol Alabaster by using something he's not often known for -- cunning and deductive reasoning. He figured out what her weakness was and acted on it before she could react. What's your sense of Thor's wit and cunning?

Jed MacKay: I think something that is interesting about Thor is that he's old as hell and has a breadth of experience that is largely unmatched [by] the rest of the Marvel Universe. Admittedly, Thor is hard to kill, but you don't survive as long as he has with a lifestyle as frequently fatal as his is without being extremely sharp, whether or not you choose to throw that in everyone else's face like a certain metal-clad egomaniac (Doom? Tony? It is a mystery).
    end of spoilers
    Thor's usage in Avengers is 100x better than his entire tenure with the team under Aaron.

Really enjoy it when Thor's knowledge and experience are showcased in positive ways.

Loving this book, and do I dare hope the beard will stick around? Not a fan of that clean cut look, what kind of self-respecting space Viking goes around shaved, for all the nine worlds to see?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That's a new take on Thor's beard.

I'm really not feeling the Loki look. It feels like too much going on and doesn't feel very Loki.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Just read issue #3 on Comixology:

spoilers:
    After the preview, Thor flies off into space but realizes he has no idea where he is as all the stars are different and it could take him centuries to return to Earth so he heads back to the planet. Loki proceeds to tell him to “use what he keeps in his helmet” and then pisses Thor off by calling him a prisoner before disappearing by strai king his rune staff on the ground so Thor vents his anger by destroying the immediate area down to the crystal that serves as bedrock on this world, before calming down and chastising himself. Thor then thinks about about Loki’s helmet comment and proceeds to reforge said helmet into a axe-head (in the shape of Ultimate Mjolnir/MCU Stormbreaker) using lightning to heat the metal, rain to quench it and Mjolnir to both shape it and sharpen it.

Thor names the new axe Tormod (which is an Old Norse name combining Thor and the word modr which means mind and courage) and tests it’s blade by shaving off his beard, Loki shows up because he thinks Thor is suicidal, dodges a throw of Mjolnir and taunts Thor some more before disappearing by striking his staff again, Thor proceeds to ponder the rune Loki has used to trap him before moving on to make a handle for Tormod out of a branch and some river reeds to bind the ax and handle together. The narration notes that Tormod is now complete and names it Tormod the keen edge, Tormod Riddle-solver and Tormod the first of three, and also notes how it bears Thor’s magic as it will return to his hand just like Mjolnir. Thor cuts down a young oak (which doesn’t belong in this alien forest) and whittles it into a copy of Loki’s upside down Raidho staff while musing if the answer is really as simple as striking the staff on the ground like Donald Blake.

Before he can, Loki shows up again, this time as a giant and yells about how Thor failed and must die unless he gives Loki the throne of Asgard and swears to serve Loki for eternity. Thor calls Loki’s bluff, points how any Loki wanting a throne is a liar and strikes the staff on the ground and finds himself back on the moon with no time having passed but feeling fully recovered and with Tormod by his side, Loki’s also there (and thankfully no longer in the hideous costume he’s spent the rest of the issue in). They argue a bit before Thor says the solution to the riddle of Toranos is within reach but they will need allies who share the necessary experience and that since one of them won’t enjoy Loki appearing at her door that Thor has to talk to her alone. The last page is Storm flying on Arrako.

In the letter page Ewing says next issue will feature a tempestuous meeting between Storm God and Actual Storm as Storm takes a collect call with a difference while an old enemy returns with a new and devious plan to hit Thor where he lives. I think it’s pretty safe to assume the old enemy is Dario considering the hints that Ewing dropped at NYCC.

I enjoyed the issue and it was nice to see Thor being portrayed as mature and intelligent especially compared to some Ewing’s earlier writing of him in other books, though I’m not really a fan of once again bringing the Ultimate Thor hammer design into 616.
    end of spoilers