Default What about a New Universe MCU movie?

I was reading Exiles and in one story arc, they visit a version of the New Universe. It is made explicit that the the current year of that reality was in the 80s.

Perhaps a movie also set in the 80s made in that era's filming style could work. There is a lot of potential in 80s aesthetic, just look up AI generated 80s dark fantasy made up movie screenshots.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ai-ge...s-dark-fantasy

That style would make the world stand out from just being another superhero movie.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 11-13-2023 at 12:29 PM.

The New Universe stuff works better seperate from Marvel. Doing it as a standalone project would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The New Universe stuff works better seperate from Marvel. Doing it as a standalone project would be better.
    Yeah, sorry that's actually what I meant. I was thinking it would still technically be under the MCU brand but a parallel reality.

I was just unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    Yeah, sorry that's actually what I meant. I was thinking it would still technically be under the MCU brand but a parallel reality.

I was just unclear.
    I think it would be confusing. People would start asking when the other characters are going to appear. I think Marvel would be forced to create another division just to set apart the characters.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think it would be confusing. People would start asking when the other characters are going to appear. I think Marvel would be forced to create another division just to set apart the characters.
    TBH, just ignore the "MCU" part of the thread title. I wasn't thinking that hard when I wrote it.

I'm more familiar with the 2006 revival with Warren Ellis. I think that take could work as a miniseries/limited series.

I'd like to see this as a television series. One movie by itself, I think they'd have to narrow the characters down to one concept. I'm partial to Nightmask but I suspect others would likely get the nod first.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm more familiar with the 2006 revival with Warren Ellis. I think that take could work as a miniseries/limited series.
    I think Ellis did a better work when he did the same with the Wild Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see this as a television series. One movie by itself, I think they'd have to narrow the characters down to one concept. I'm partial to Nightmask but I suspect others would likely get the nod first.
    In this moment giving a try to the New Universe could be a wise move.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin