Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Any characters or old villains you think Ewing could bring back?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'd love to see Ulik and Enchantress prominent in the books again.

^^^In agreement with Ulik! The last time I enjoyed seeing him was when he went up against The Marvel Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Earlier, someone was hoping Ewing could channel either Simonson or Jurgens.
    So, what better way than to employ characters that appeared in their respective runs such like...

Kurse

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-02-2023 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Here are some preview pages of Thor Annual #1
    Really going to miss Klein’s costume.
    Art looks crazy.

https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...-fight-thor%2F

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Here are some preview pages of Thor Annual #1
    Really going to miss Klein’s costume.
    Art looks crazy.

https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/s...-fight-thor%2F
    You'd never expect Thor vs MODOK.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love to see Ulik and Enchantress prominent in the books again.
    I would love to see Lorelei and Sigurd too and their romance development since Loki: Agent of Asgard series.

At the end of the day, I just want to see a book titled Thor that actually focuses on the main character. I’ve seen enough supporting characters take the spotlight over Thor in recent years in his own book and about Thor’s unworthiness being done to death.
    From what Ewing and Lanzing have said, it seems that this will be finally put to bed and Thor will be his true self, without all the doubt and emotional drama plaguing his mind all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I would love to see Lorelei and Sigurd too and their romance development since Loki: Agent of Asgard series.
    Maybe in a limited series or one-shot. Not in Thor.
    The new book needs to focus on Thor.

I'm f*cking hyped for Immortal Thor. Ewing is one of my favorite writers, easily my top pick from Marvel. To have him on Thor is a dream. I didn't read Immortal Hulk (not a big Hulk guy) but I've heard how good it was, and Ewing wanting to bring that same level of quality to Asgard....I can't wait to see what happens.

Surprised that this hasn't seen more talk on the forums, I thought everyone loved Ewing and Thor and the Immortal subtitle?

Glad Thor is still King. That's a development I don't want to lose. And I'm hoping Ewing doesn't backtrack Loki; he's better when he's not a straight up villain, I think. Plus, I like him as King of Jotunheim.

Curious where Odin is in all this. Still trapped in the hammer? Alive, but retired? Valhalla?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm f*cking hyped for Immortal Thor. Ewing is one of my favorite writers, easily my top pick from Marvel. To have him on Thor is a dream. I didn't read Immortal Hulk (not a big Hulk guy) but I've heard how good it was, and Ewing wanting to bring that same level of quality to Asgard....I can't wait to see what happens.

Surprised that this hasn't seen more talk on the forums, I thought everyone loved Ewing and Thor and the Immortal subtitle?

Glad Thor is still King. That's a development I don't want to lose. And I'm hoping Ewing doesn't backtrack Loki; he's better when he's not a straight up villain, I think. Plus, I like him as King of Jotunheim.

Curious where Odin is in all this. Still trapped in the hammer? Alive, but retired? Valhalla?
    We were all pretty abuzz the day of announcement, ngl! Very excited about it still--looking fwd to some new preview art\story details to fire me up

What does everyone think of the new costume, btw? I think it's...alright

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I agree. I can't wait and just like you said, I'm surprised there aren't more discussions on Ewing's appointment on Thor.
    I really hope Ewing brings back the right type of characterisation to Thor and writes him as a wise and competent king who uses his brain just as much as his brawn. I think this is something Ewing can do,especially considering the threats that he says Thor will face.Brawn won't be enough to defeat them, I think.

As far as Odin is concerned, I think his status could be resolved in the upcoming annual as we see on the covers and preview art of the first issue that Mjolnir isn't cracked anymore and is whole. Maybe, this plot point is solved in the annual and Valhalla's status is restored.
    I wish they'd kept Klein's costume, but with every clean slate each new writer wants to put their stamp on the book with a fresh status quo.
    However, I'm very excited for the book and have already pre-ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    We were all pretty abuzz the day of announcement, ngl! Very excited about it still--looking fwd to some new preview art\story details to fire me up

What does everyone think of the new costume, btw? I think it's...alright
    I think the old/new costume is ok. It's more of a one-piece suit now rather than the pants-on-the-outside look. I need to see more art it to make a real judgement.

Once you realise that current Marvel writers as a whole are hostile towards a hero you tend to reign in your enthusiasm. I remember how excited I was at the start of Aaron’s run - a real positive take at last! Then Aaron seemed to be deliberately ****ing with us for laughs and Marvel editorial did nothing. Then Aaron left, but he was still getting giggles out of ****ing on Thor in the Avengers, and editorial did nothing. Then Cates’s run started with Cates saying Thor was Superman if Superman was a jerk. I don’t know about anyone else, but I just put a damper on my enthusiasm. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but we’ll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Once you realise that current Marvel writers as a whole are hostile towards a hero you tend to reign in your enthusiasm. I remember how excited I was at the start of Aaron’s run - a real positive take at last! Then Aaron seemed to be deliberately ****ing with us for laughs and Marvel editorial did nothing. Then Aaron left, but he was still getting giggles out of ****ing on Thor in the Avengers, and editorial did nothing. Then Cates’s run started with Cates saying Thor was Superman if Superman was a jerk. I don’t know about anyone else, but I just put a damper on my enthusiasm. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but we’ll see.
    Yea that's the worst combination, I remember how disappointed i was when they put Mark Waid on Hulk, a guy that famously disliked Hulk more than any hero in Marvel... But with Aaron he just seems to have a dislike for a lot of heroes. He ruined Hulk, She-Hulk, Thor, Punisher, IIRC someone told me he did a horrible run on Wolverine or Ghost Rider? His Avengers were terrible... Just a weird guy overall, he might have some unresolved issues. Cates also had some weird views when it comes to Thor, i have no idea why on Earth he said that Thor is Superman but a jerk line.... Like huh???? If anything Loki should be the one labeled as a jerk, Thor is so far from that it's ridiculous.
    This is why i think Ewing is gonna do a great job, i doubt he has any of these weird per-concived notions and he certainly isn't vindictive against any fanbase, especially for the character he is writing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It's still hilarious to me that you're complaining about Cates' statements in an interview that do not reflect his actual work at all.