Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast
    BANNED

Yep as i said, Ewings love for Storm knows no bounds, under his pen she is basically unbeatable and now she is hurting Thor with her lightning... sigh...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yep as i said, Ewings love for Storm knows no bounds, under his pen she is basically unbeatable and now she is hurting Thor with her lightning... sigh...
    It's weird because Thor is supposed to be immune to lightning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's weird because Thor is supposed to be immune to lightning.
    I know right? I mean magical lightning can hurt him but he is way more resistant to it than anyone else and Storms lightning isn't magic anyway, not to mention Ewing established he also has OF right now... why is he flinching at all? He should have this reaction

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

And i dont wanna sound like i am hating on Storm, i like Storm i just think Ewing has her punching way, WAY above her class... At least i hope when the issue comes out it wont show them actually fighting or anything.

Don’t worry. Storm should be ascending into heaven any day now, never to be seen again.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Isn't Storm an omega level mutant right now? I recall she at one point took down Vulcan who was capable of tanking a full-power sonic blast from Black Bolt.

Wouldn't surprise me if that means her lightning isn't normal lightning or something.

It’s annoying but these things happen when a writer adores a particular hero. It does spend time telling you how awesome Storm is and how her burden is so much heavier than his, and how she’s more awesome than him because she’s not an arrogant king… that kind of worries me, much more so than Thor getting stung by lightning (which admittedly was a bit of an eyebrow raiser).

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    I'm a fan of Storm and I appreciate everything Al Ewing has done to boost and evolve her character...but this is a bit much.

Like waxing lyrical about another character in a Thor book and then having him get hurt form their lightning, the literal God of Thunder? Is it going to be this bad when Jane shows up?

Also I get that she has urgent stuff to do on Arakko but there were better ways to cut him off than just zapping him and she barely heard him out...when Thor is also, y'know, trying to help people.

The train left the tracks faster than expected.

Spoilers below for Immortal Thor #4

spoilers:
    Just finished reading issue #4. Once again a very solid issue by Ewing and co. Now, I don’t know the history between Storm and Ewing but from what I’ve heard he has a lot of respect/love for her. From reading the preview it seemed that she would probably give him a bit of a hard time, but it wasn’t the case. Just as in the first issue with the snow, Thor started to speak to the lightning and tell it to stop hitting him from Storm’s assault, not because it was causing him any pain but because he wanted Storm to hear him out which she didn’t want to do.
    Then she started assaulting him with atmospheric pressure from Jupiter, so Thor had the whole weight of Jupiter’s atmosphere bearing down on him. This made one of his ears bleed, but as Storm was doing this, all it made Thor do was smile and stand up from this and him saying that strength is relative and he can do anything he wants, like arm wrestle the Hulk, run against Quicksilver in a race and even ear wiggle with Willie Lumpkin the postman.

However, what did grate me a little about the whole Storm encounter was that she said that Thor is only the god of thunder while she is a goddess of all weather.
    Imo this isn’t true as Thor commands all forms of weather as has been shown on multiple occasions and he also doesn’t need Mjolnir to summon or control any form of lightning, it’s his birthright, his innate power and what he was born with.
    Possibly, it was Ewing writing Storm as a being a bit flippant towards Thor due to him taking her from her planet.
    Other than that, it was good to see how Storm acknowledged the gravity of the situation when Toranos showed up and realised that he would probably destroy all things and that Thor was right all along to summon her.
    The other characters acquiring Thor’s powers was nothing special annd a little generic, especially Jane. She just seemed to come out of nowhere unless Sif summoned her and teleported her to the moon because I don’t think Loki would do it as she doesn’t trust him at all, even though he brought in Bill. It’ll be interesting to see how they fight Toranos as it looks like they only have Mjolnir and the axe Tormod, unless Thor is able to summon all their hammers from somewhere.
    Moreover, it seems that this fight will just be concluded in issue #5 which seems a bit too short to me considering the grand entrance Toranos made in the first issue and how Thor struggled to defeat him with the Thorforce. This should be a battle that should be a couple issues considering the threat, but we’ll see.
    Finally, the Minotaur cameo was interesting and a bit weird. What happened to him to look like that? He wasn’t like that during Aaron’s run. Did I miss something?
    Like I said another solid issue, I’d give it 8/10
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Man, ya'll really overreacted to the preview lol. While you can say Storm shouldn't've have "hurt" Thor at all, in the end he just shrugged her attacks off and basically said "I'm as powerful as a I need to be" while smiling. Issue was pretty wild though,

spoilers:
    I dunno how the Thor Corps is going to fight Toranos without their own individual hammers-- Seems their newfound power is only gonna last 60 seconds. And Ewing is going full meta with Dario Agger? Whew
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

I must confess I did overreact to the preview.

I am curious as to how the battle with Toranos will play out given the short time frame.

spoilers:
    Al Ewing kind of tiptoeing around Bill's development in past few runs and walking past stuff like "Sif won't bang him because he looks like a horse" or "Thor broke his hammer in a dick phase."

I love Storm and I appreciate everything Ewing has done with her as a character and showing how awesome he is, but flexing so hard with her overpowering and scolding Thor, in his own book, felt like a bit much. Even if ultimately he overcame everything and put it to word that it's character, not power, that really matters in the end.

Well, I guess now everybody gets to wield the power of Thor. I hope this is Ewing just getting multiple Thors and Jane Foster out of the way in the first arc so we can get to other stuff.

So Loki transformed into male form the moment of the Thor transformation?

I would never have wanted to see Agger again in a Thor book after how Aaron used him, but honestly after Immortal Hulk I'm curious to see what Ewing's take on him will be here. Especially since it seems like he's running the in-universe Marvel Comics and is using Thor's likeness to make money.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    spoilers:
    Finally, the Minotaur cameo was interesting and a bit weird. What happened to him to look like that? He wasn’t like that during Aaron’s run. Did I miss something?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Xemnu ate him in Ewing's Immortal Hulk, and spat him out. He actually looks much more together than the pile of stuff that was left behind there.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm curious whats going to be the plan here, Thor is definitely cooking up something. He's the big man here, BIG MAN!

spoilers:
    Though I am confused why Bill's new Twilight Sword isn't making an appearance, especially for a huge continuity junkie like Ewing.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I'm curious whats going to be the plan here, Thor is definitely cooking up something. He's the big man here, BIG MAN!

spoilers:
    Though I am confused why Bill's new Twilight Sword isn't making an appearance, especially for a huge continuity junkie like Ewing.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Didn't he have it on his back when he was talking to Sif?
    end of spoilers