Page 17 of 56 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    we bout to be FEASTING!! Al Ewing on Thor? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Hel yea! Pumped.

Ewing quietly building out an Immortal-Verse? I dig it. And with Agent of Asgard as one of my faves, I've full confidence in this.

Coccolo is a bit of an unproven entity imho. He's great at action stuff, and creative, too--look up his Venom cover--but idk if he's got good character acting skills. Hope so!

Ewing on Thor is an automatic on my subscription list.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Is it confirmed to be an on-going or a just a tine-in issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Hel yea! Pumped.

Ewing quietly building out an Immortal-Verse? I dig it. And with Agent of Asgard as one of my faves, I've full confidence in this.

Coccolo is a bit of an unproven entity imho. He's great at action stuff, and creative, too--look up his Venom cover--but idk if he's got good character acting skills. Hope so!
    Yeah i know some of hulk and follow here and there but that was a masterpiece for me. Immortal hulk that is so i look forward to seeing certain aspects explored. Perhaps the one above all or there is an asgardian door that rivals the green door. Looked up the cover and i have to say i have no worries, if you can draw a mouse looking that distressed i think humans will be great. lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ewing on Thor is an automatic on my subscription list.
    Same! Subscribed as soon as it hits. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Is it confirmed to be an on-going or a just a tine-in issue?
    I sure hope it is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I like what I see, Ewing is excellent, at least as a writer. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are they the Warriors Four now? Looks like Volstagg has rejoined the Warriors Three, but Hildegarde is still there as well.
    Still feels a little forced like when they tried to replace Volstagg with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Yeah, me neither. As much as I love the classic look I do like the current costume and wished that he kept it.
    But it seems that with some relaunches of a character they will change their appearance to something new or back to a classic look.
    I’d presume Ewing wants to start with a clean slate for Thor, so going back to his original look makes sense. I hope the 60 second rule doesn’t come back
    though and Thor doesn’t have anymore unworthy issues. That horse has been beaten to death on too many occasions now.
    I do wonder how they will tie this into Jed MacKay’s Avengers run as he’s wearing his new costume.
    With all that being said, it’s exciting to see a writer like Ewing finally write an ongoing Thor book. I think people have been wanting him to write Thor for a long time.
    Retro are the new modern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sif View Post
    Predictable. Still terrible for Thor.

Al Ewing last issues of Loki Agent of Asgard were just horrible, a lot of comic book fans point how inconsistent Cates can be, yet as an example, he did try to explain why Thor could not access to the full power of the Odin force, Ewing was just like Odin does not have the Odin-Force because he does not have it, and Aaron just carry this to the main book, where everything was valid to downgrade Odin.

Some bring Matt Fraction as the beginning of current Odin portrayal, but Fraction still made Odin the (only) one that could lead with Surtur destructive power in the end of his run, Al Ewing was in fact who started the hopeless Odin trend.
    Still probably better than the alternatives. I think at least Ewing respects Thor more than other writers.

Astonishing Member

The wrists and the belt are different.

What you mean by respect? In comics context, what that word does mean? For example not use Thor to to promote and hype other characters? Does Cates respects Galactus!? Does Ewing respects Thor in the described sense!?

Hopefully Al Ewing run will NOT start with some iconic powerful character as a punching bag for Thor, honestly NOT needed, (Cates run did not need Galactus at all), lets see how does Ewing get the Journeys and mysteries of Thor.

Alternative wise, why not have K. Gillen finish his work with a proper run? Remember that the mentioned work with Loki and Asgard in general was way stronger than Ewing's.

Ultimate Member

While I love most his books, I am carefully hopeful with this one.

I feel Al's one of the writers who uses 'Gods are just stories' a little too much. That works with Loki, Thor, not so much...

I just want Thor and his mythos treated with respect and integrity. Thor as an actual hero and not a hot mess obsessed with his hammer which he literally talks to or a comic bending over backwards to tell you how awesome the female characters are at the expense of the male characters.

I want Ewing to actually invest in Thor as a character and not as a means of promoting other stuff.

Ultimate Member

I will take a wait and see approach on this.

Ewing's handling of gods at Marvel hasn't been great.

Between the first arc in his GoTG and Loki book, I'm not really a fan of how Ewing approaches this stuff.

Ultimate Member

I also don't think Thor should go back to his original look.

I think his recent looks have been pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I also don't think Thor should go back to his original look.

I think his recent looks have been pretty good.
    Yeah, I'm as much a fan of the classics as anyone, just feels like weird timing to bring it back for Thor.

I guess this will be a contrast to Cates' run because Cates was more feat and epic-driven while Ewing is more character/lore-driven.

Astonishing Member

Thor's old look is the best.

PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST WAKANDA FOREVER!'s Avatar

By the Bristling Beard of Odin!