Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Read issue two. I absolutely can’t stand how Loki looks feminine. Please give him his classic look back! Every scene with Loki was just too distracting…

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's only the second issue and already the handwringing and "not my Loki" is off the charts...and quite hilarious.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's only the second issue and already the handwringing and "not my Loki" is off the charts...and quite hilarious.
    #BringBackOldLoki #MakeLokiGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I still like 70s/80s Loki. just saying.
    Same here. Simonson Rules (IMHO):

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I would say my main bug is that Loki look too plain.

Their design at this point is basically a green coat, some tattered pants, and that teeny-tiny horn crest.

Its very mundane, at least give the head crest thing bigger horns.

Issue 2 was strong just like issue 1 was. I’m still all on.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Same here. Simonson Rules (IMHO):

Simonson Loki is one of my favourite characters - clever, cunning, but entirely self-centred . However, I get why fans of the 'good Loki' don't want to lose their hero anymore than us fans of classic Thor want to be stuck with Aaron Thor, so I wouldn't want to deprive them of their favourite hero.

I like Germán Peralta Loki designs much better, but why can't Loki be female or whatever he wants to look like, for example for an entire arc? That's like core for the character, right?

So there are 3 expectations for Loki portrayal? Classic Villain, Chaotic Loki and Anti-Hero Loki?

Even in Eddas, he is not exactly a villain but more like a needed contrast for the Aesir, so yeah in my view he should be portrayed like someone chaotic, and if he falls into another Anti-Hero spectrum, he also loses his singularity, writers should use Thor fantastical world, together his God status to prevent this.

That affects more Loki, but if Thor and other Asgardians are not portrayed as Gods in these fantastical 10 worlds, they lose what makes them special in first place.

Damn Ewing is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! issue two was even better than issue 1. Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOO! Love Loki Look. Love how fluid the character is it really adds to the illusion of a trickster the consistency of being change. Ewing doing that thing. People feel the uncomfortability of being able to be tricked just by a visual. Loki is a great character in ewing's hands.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Sif View Post
    I like Germán Peralta Loki designs much better, but why can't Loki be female or whatever he wants to look like, for example for an entire arc? That's like core for the character, right?

So there are 3 expectations for Loki portrayal? Classic Villain, Chaotic Loki and Anti-Hero Loki?

Even in Eddas, he is not exactly a villain but more like a needed contrast for the Aesir, so yeah in my view he should be portrayed like someone chaotic, and if he falls into another Anti-Hero spectrum, he also loses his singularity, writers should use Thor fantastical world, together his God status to prevent this.

That affects more Loki, but if Thor and other Asgardians are not portrayed as Gods in these fantastical 10 worlds, they lose what makes them special in first place.
    I wouldn't say that, the gender-fluidity (at least for comic Loki) is kind of a more recent thing.

Even back when he first took female form, it was with Sif's looks to mess with Thor.

I'm not advocating for the return of full-on villain Loki but I do miss how absolutely petty Loki could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't say that, the gender-fluidity (at least for comic Loki) is kind of a more recent thing.

Even back when he first took female form, it was with Sif's looks to mess with Thor.

I'm not advocating for the return of full-on villain Loki but I do miss how absolutely petty Loki could be.
    I wonder, how indeed God Loki would care about gender? Specially in the political mundane sense?

Independently of the time period when it was explored, it fits well Loki the notion that he can shapeshift constantly.

It doesn't fit him just to be villain for sake of being bad, or the honored type of character, or someday he overlaps Thor.

Sure, what was done with the hammer was just terrible, but more recent creative decisions like the ones around Donald Blake, imo were better for Thor.

Problem for Loki, is that it wasn't Thor current writer that portrayed Loki better in solo comics, imo that was Gillen and now also Dan Watters.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't call him stealing Sif's body as evidence of gender-fluidity. He was clearly just doing that for the sake of his schemes, and to hurt Thor and Sif. It would be a pretty problematic way of trying to portray gender-fluidity. Myth Loki was 100% gender-fluid, but this isn't that Loki. That said, I would love to see Loki be female for a whole arc. At this point, whenever it comes up it's usually a throw-away thing done in one issue just to acknowledge it, then not brought up again. Ewing has been the exception with Defenders and the 10th Realm stuff. It's one of maybe two or three things I actually like about how Ewing does Loki.

I miss petty, selfish, shitty Loki so, so much. Heroes are allowed to be flawed, and anti-heroes even more-so, but Ewing loves generic good Loki. No flaws in sight. He/she isn't petty, selfish, arrogant, scheming, clever, or dishonest. Ewing stripped away nearly everything about Loki's personality to make him/her the character he wanted to write. It's massively disappointing.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Marvel released the covers and solicitations for Immortal Thor #6 and #7 at NYCC:

Immortal Thor #6

New Issue of ongoing series, on sale January 24
    Written by Al Ewing
    Art by Martín Cóccolo
    Cover by Alex Ross
    A LEGEND FROM THE PAST! The All-Father sought answers to his new troubles in memories of old. And to refresh those memories, he consulted his Skald… to tell a tale of when Young Thor and Young Loki journeyed out beyond Asgard – on a quest that would determine the fate of all the Realms. This is the story of the IMMORTAL THOR…and of his first Journey Into Mystery.

Immortal Thor #7

New Issue of ongoing series, on sale February 28
    Written by Al Ewing
    Art by Martín Cóccolo
    Cover by Alex Ross
    THE TRIALS OF UTGARD! Young Thor faced the tricks of the Utgard-Loki, with all that lived at stake – in a tale twice-told and now told again. Yet the teller was the Skald of Realms, in their aspect as Thor’s enemy. And thus, the tale could twist upon itself – and if Thor faltered, it could make a new end. This is the story of the IMMORTAL THOR…and the story may yet destroy us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    That ************!

Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way