Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just waiting for the relaunch.
    same here..
    I hope it's someone decent who's not going to drag on the worthiness rubbish.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'm just waiting for the relaunch.
    I wonder when will Marvel pull the trigger on a relaunch

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’ve generally enjoyed this run, but this week’s issue really was terrible in spite of having all those heavy hitters I like to read (usually)
    Exactly this.

It hasn't been a bad run but this week's issue was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I wonder when will Marvel pull the trigger on a relaunch
    Soon (an Annual set between two runs, just like the upcoming Hulk Annual).

THOR ANNUAL #1 will also include a special preview for Thor’s exciting next era! Stay tuned for the official announcement !

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    ohhh, I didn't know that

very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Here's hoping for the best!

Here's hoping for the best!
    Any guesses on the new writer?

I have no idea who could be a good Thor writer nowadays, I feel like more and more I am losing my favorite Marvel writers to Substack or Indie books

I have no idea who could be a good Thor writer nowadays, I feel like more and more I am losing my favorite Marvel writers to Substack or Indie books
    I agree about who could be a good Thor writer. As I donÂ’t follow Marvel as much as I used to I donÂ’t have any real idea who are the top writers at Marvel anymore with the exception of Hickman and Ewing. Who are the other crop of writers who would be classed as the top dogs? I liked some of Cates early run on the book but at times it was a bit hit and miss.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    I agree about who could be a good Thor writer. As I donÂ’t follow Marvel as much as I used to I donÂ’t have any real idea who are the top writers at Marvel anymore with the exception of Hickman and Ewing. Who are the other crop of writers who would be classed as the top dogs? I liked some of Cates early run on the book but at times it was a bit hit and miss.
    Well Jed MacKay is a fantastic writer but he's pretty packed now with Moon Night, Doctor Strange, and Avengers.

Though Avengers will have Thor in it so MacKay will be writing him.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    Who are the other crop of writers who would be classed as the top dogs?
    Big guns: Slott (1967), Hickman (1972), Aaron (1973), Duggan (1973), Gillen (1975), Zdarsky (1975), Ewing (1977)
    Younger guns: Percy (1979), Cantwell (1980), MacKay (1983), Cates (1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well Jed MacKay is a fantastic writer but he's pretty packed now with Moon Night, Doctor Strange, and Avengers.

Though Avengers will have Thor in it so MacKay will be writing him.
    Just from the preview alone he seems to be putting more care into writing Thor on the team than Aaron did.

Some restruturations that i think are necessary for some characters and places.
    Characters;
    Balder, Karnilla, Amora and Angela.
    Places;
    Valhalla, Hel, Heven and Vanaheim.
    First the Vanir, Besides Frey, Freyja, Sif and Heimdall define Amora and Karnilla as Vanir, the last possibly Freyja Sister.
    On the order hand have Tyr and Balder as just sons of Odin and not Freyja (already is disputable canon wise if they are sons of Freyja, specially after Angela introduction)
    Speaking of Angela, since she is where she is, lets give her something no!?
    Well in a book written by Marguerite Bennett some years ago, she was after Hela's realm, i would like to see the contrary since it could actually help both in the future.
    Hela gets the fallen Angels, and Angela redefines the realm more like her origins from Image comics, after that redefinition that realm could actually be a fit for Valhalla (destroyed currently), this story could obviously resurrect Brunnhilde.
    Vanaheim needs to be a counterbalance for Asgard not "empty" like currently, it should be ruled by Balder and Karnilla and yeah it is finally time for Amora take over the norms and Nornheim.

We need a real "Daddy Issues" guy for Thor, it's like the core dynamic going on over ten years now. It's either that or Sci-Fi, and the current run has done sci-fi with Galactus and Thanos, so I'm betting on a back to basics, classic mythology pitch

We've used up Cates, current Marvel's premier "Daddy Issues" guy, so it's time to reach out into the vault of time and pull out the OG, the heavy, the ManMythLegend, problematic fave:

Rick Remender! Get Jerome Opena on art you'll get a mesmerizing book with the whackest release schedule ever witnessed in Midgard

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    We need a real "Daddy Issues" guy for Thor, it's like the core dynamic going on over ten years now. It's either that or Sci-Fi, and the current run has done sci-fi with Galactus and Thanos, so I'm betting on a back to basics, classic mythology pitch

We've used up Cates, current Marvel's premier "Daddy Issues" guy, so it's time to reach out into the vault of time and pull out the OG, the heavy, the ManMythLegend, problematic fave:

Rick Remender! Get Jerome Opena on art you'll get a mesmerizing book with the whackest release schedule ever witnessed in Midgard
    I like how Remender wrote Thor in Uncany Avengers. It was very epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post

this would be an impossible dream