Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Please call Michael Avon Oeming and order a new Ragnarok, Thor and the Asgardians need a clean slate to wash away the aftertaste of Aaron’s tenure.
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-01-2023 at 06:03 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Please call Mike Avon Oeming and order a new Ragnarok, Thor and the Asgardians need a clean slate to wash away the aftertaste of Aaron’s tenure.
    Michael Avon Oeming?! Now you're talking! I would totally give my support!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Please call Michael Avon Oeming and order a new Ragnarok, Thor and the Asgardians need a clean slate to wash away the aftertaste of Aaron’s tenure.
    I'm definitely hoping someone with some Thor enthusiasm to come along give us some fresh stories. NO PHOENIX baby mama drama mess, NO HAMMER ISSUES, NO DRUNKEN Odin fights (actually either revive him or let him go ahead on to Valhalla), maybe some fresh new villains.

Cates wasn't bad, but he struggles to stick the endings of his stories and it seemed like he couldn't fully tell the stories he wanted to because he was constantly on the defensive of whatever Aaron was doing in Avengers, when it should have been the other way around.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

I hope they relaunch Thor with a strong creative team and direction.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope they relaunch Thor with a strong creative team and direction.
    they need to move away from "epic" storylines and do more Asgardian intrigue and introspective stories. That was one of the things I loved about the JMS run.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    they need to move away from "epic" storylines and do more Asgardian intrigue and introspective stories. That was one of the things I loved about the JMS run.
    Honestly, the current story is good with Bor having a secret weapon and Doom and Corvus Glaive trying to get it but the same Thanos connection hurts it cuz I'm sick of Thanos.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I just want to see Thor be an effective hero again without self-doubt or Odin/Hammer angst.

I just want to see Thor be an effective hero again without self-doubt or Odin/Hammer angst.

Exactly. I'm fed up of seeing Thor this way for many years now.
    I would like to see a new writer on Thor who actually WANTS to write the character and treat him with the upmost respect like JMS did.
    But who's out there that would do this? These type of writers are few and far between.
    Didn't Will Moss say in an interview a while back that they will address Thor's situation for a new writer when they were discussing the Hulk's future?

To be honest, I don't want to see a return of a writer who already wrote Thor, I just want to see someone new who respects the character and has fresh new stories to tell that doesn't undermine him.

Quote Originally Posted by adey040812 View Post
    To be honest, I don't want to see a return of a writer who already wrote Thor, I just want to see someone new who respects the character and has fresh new stories to tell that doesn't undermine him.
    Sounds like Thor has the same problem that Black Panther currently has. As time goes on its only going to get worse because we are going to have an entire generation of writers who saw those dumb movies and think that that's Thor's character. If Marvel is still making comics that far into the future.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sounds like Thor has the same problem that Black Panther currently has. As time goes on its only going to get worse because we are going to have an entire generation of writers who saw those dumb movies and think that that's Thor's character. If Marvel is still making comics that far into the future.
    On the bright side people are also growing up on stuff like God of War Ragnarok's Thor or Record of Ragnarok's Thor.

So while its not Marvel Thor, there are still at least cool depictions of the figure which can transfer over from wanting to make sure Thor is consistently cool across all depictions of him. I've seen plenty of people disappointed in how comical he's written in the films compared to his more cool self.

Hell when God of War's version came out, it inspired plenty of people to say Hemsworth's version should be retooled into more of the brutal Viking look/tone of the GoW character.

Ultimate Member

Torrun’s run thus far hasn’t been bad.

I’m actually curious whats going to happen with Doom. Her stuff is much more of pure mythology than Cates.

The only problem I see is that she’s been tasked with completing Cates story. That’s going to be complicated because there’s stuff with Thanos that Cates set-up in his first Thor arc and his Thanos title.

Me too, Frontier!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too, Frontier!

What issue is this from? I don’t think it’s from Walt’s run.

Also, who would you like to see write Thor who hasn’t wrote him before in his main book?

Also, who would you like to see write Thor who hasn’t wrote him before in his main book?
    Al Ewing, Jeff Parker...

Definitely, my choice would be...

Greg Rucka

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-08-2023 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.