Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Thor's Godly physique narrated by Black Panther

One thing I noticed Cates did in his run was give Thor the ability to fly without Mjolnir. Hopefully we won't have any more "hammer issues" stories with him but if so, it would be cool to see that he can actually fly without the hammer.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Question: I'm a trade reader, so a bit behind. What's happened with Cates? He seems to have left both Thor and Hulk mid-story. His Image book Crossover also seems to be on hiatus..?
    He's having a personal crisis unfortunately. We don't know any details but rumors are that he underwent a divorce with his wife and it hurt him real bad.

Though he's announced a new project with Marvel so he seems to be getting better thankfully but sadly he can't finish up his runs on Hulk and Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    One thing I noticed Cates did in his run was give Thor the ability to fly without Mjolnir. Hopefully we won't have any more "hammer issues" stories with him but if so, it would be cool to see that he can actually fly without the hammer.
    Its funny how that's an ongoing question with the character. People aren't ever sure whether he's capable of flying under his own power or not.

Its funny how that's an ongoing question with the character. People aren't ever sure whether he's capable of flying under his own power or not.
    Probably because it's been so inconsistent. I remember Cates' response to someone on Twitter was that HIS Thor can fly without the hammer, however the next writer might come in and have him reliant on it to fly.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Probably because it's been so inconsistent. I remember Cates' response to someone on Twitter was that HIS Thor can fly without the hammer, however the next writer might come in and have him reliant on it to fly.
    I rather like the idea that he can only fly with the hammer. The physics though and having a pseudo scientific rationale has always rubbed me the wrong way. Reading Thor these days in the Epic collections and you can see in the early stories a lot of the getting Thor to fit into the superhero tropes where they read as almost funny to ridiculous. Flying is one of those 'Superheroes need to do it' things. Magic is good enough for me but through an object.

Incredible Member

He's having a personal crisis unfortunately. We don't know any details but rumors are that he underwent a divorce with his wife and it hurt him real bad.

Though he's announced a new project with Marvel so he seems to be getting better thankfully but sadly he can't finish up his runs on Hulk and Thor.
    Got it, thanks for the info.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Thor should be able to fly without Mjolnir since he's the damn All-Father now. He should at least need it to teleport.
    "Cable was right!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Thor should be able to fly without Mjolnir since he's the damn All-Father now. He should at least need it to teleport.
    Exactly.

With the Odin force in him, he shouldn't need mjolnir to fly.

Ultimate Member

Just finished the latest issue. I'm actually enjoying Torunn's run thus far, although it's still fairly clear she wants to focus more on Valkyrie than on Odin-son himself.

I wonder how Doom did what they are hinting he did here, where did he get that sort of power??

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Just finished the latest issue. I'm actually enjoying Torunn's run thus far, although it's still fairly clear she wants to focus more on Valkyrie than on Odin-son himself.

I wonder how Doom did what they are hinting he did here, where did he get that sort of power??
    That sucks, but at least it seems solidly written.

It's Doom, he finds a way .

Yeah when the Valkyries are in the book, they seem too Aaron-esque compared to how other supporting characters like Sif, Loki and Bill are written when Cates was still on.

Can't believe Hela lost to Doom tho. LMAO.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah when the Valkyries are in the book, they seem too Aaron-esque compared to how other supporting characters like Sif, Loki and Bill are written when Cates was still on.

Can't believe Hela lost to Doom tho. LMAO.
    Hela having it rough since Aaron.

What will Morgana think when she finds out what Doom is doing?

Morgana's bullying the mutants so she doesn't care.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Good piece, whose that in the middle?