Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

On the subject of Clint's costumes, Hawkeye is another character whom I'd love to see get one of the Russell Dauterman costume gallery variant covers this year!

Clint certainly has more than enough different looks to qualify!
    - his outfit when he was in the circus, training under Swordsman and Trickshot
    - his original Hawkeye outfit
    - his classic Avengers era outfit
    - the miniskirt costume
    - the long-sleeve outfit he wore when the WCA started
    - the bulletproof armour suit
    - the variant costume he had in his 2nd miniseries (the one just after Mockingbird 'died')
    - the 90s-style costume he wore around the time of "The Crossing"
    - his "Avengers Forever" look which was part of his Goliath costume, without the harness and using bow and arrows.
    - his first Thunderbolts-era costume
    - the new costume he got after he returned to the Avengers post-T-Bolts; the one with the one armoured sleeve
    - there are at least two or three different versions of his Ultimates/MCU-style shades-and-tactical gear outfit.
    - current T-Bolts version costume

Plus there are the actual Ultimates versions. Heroes Reborn versions. The "Bowman" variant from AVENGERS vol.3 #2-3. His "Golden Archer" identity that he used for one issue. He was Captain America for a single issue between Steve Rogers' death and Bucky taking over as the new Cap. There were two issues of WCA where Clint wore a Goliath costume that was orange and brown instead of red and blue due to colourist error. And for just fun they can throw in the "Hawk block" look from Fraction's run--naked Clint with a classic headshot as a modesty censor.

Any others?

If it counts, don't forget about Ronin
    Last edited by K7P5V; 01-09-2023 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

Yes, Ronin and Goliath absolutely count! I thought I had included them on my list, but apparently I jumped right over both of them (and yet remembered to include his two Goliath-variant outfits). Whoops!

That would be great.
    I know it's edgy, from a bad comic and very of it's time but I always had a soft spot for the ultimate outfit.

Another one I really enjoy was the Heroes Reborn one-shot look.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, Ronin and Goliath absolutely count! I thought I had included them on my list, but apparently I jumped right over both of them (and yet remembered to include his two Goliath-variant outfits). Whoops!
    Goliath definitely counts...
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

Actually want to ask aside from Old Man Hawkeye having a beard. Does anyone have a panel that shows him his younger self with a beard?

He's been rocking stubbles as of late and I seem to recall that he did that before in both his 98 and 03(?) solos but I don't really recall a genuine beard outside of his old man look.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If it counts, don't forget about Ronin
    This felt more in-line with comic Hawkeye than how Fraction tended to write him in the solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This felt more in-line with comic Hawkeye than how Fraction tended to write him in the solo book.
    There's also his kinda brutal fight with Archangel by Fraction during AvX.
    The man knows it's all about the tone of the story in question.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    There's also his kinda brutal fight with Archangel by Fraction during AvX.
    The man knows it's all about the tone of the story in question.
    I know which Clint I prefer .

I wonder

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Oh gosh, this thread is super quiet. I guess it's already half the year of 2023, and nothing much of Clint Barton other than a cameo and being a background character.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Actually want to ask aside from Old Man Hawkeye having a beard. Does anyone have a panel that shows him his younger self with a beard?
    Didn't his future version have a beard in All-New Hawkeye? It's not present Hawkeye, but it's younger than the Old Man version.

He also has heavy stubble at the beginning of issue #2 in Hawkeye vol. 1, which isn't quite a beard, but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Oh gosh, this thread is super quiet. I guess it's already half the year of 2023, and nothing much of Clint Barton other than a cameo and being a background character.
    Yeah...unfortunately.

I have some hope he'll have a role to play in Avengers Beyond considering it's a sequel to a comic that did feature him throughout one fun chapter but that's all I can even think of where he would potentially turn up.

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

He recently turned up in a small guest appearance in an issue of MOON KNIGHT and he had a flashback cameo in the latest INVINCIBLE IRON MAN along with Mockingbird, Wonder Man and Tigra in the early WCA days.

There is a big party scene in next month's CAPTAIN MARVEL #50 which seems to involve a lot of Avengers and other heroes, so I wouldn't be surprised if Clint has a cameo there too.

Its not much, but its a start. Hopefully something more substantial will come along soon.