Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not a team up. Nat IS Venom now. She's not teaming up with Eddie or Dylan, she's replacing them.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nata...ell-into-2024/
    There is not enough profanity in the universe to express my contempt for this idea.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

So they've totally run out of ideas with Natasha, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hahaha, I thought the same thing.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unfortunately even her base concept is outdated now. She was a Soviet spy who defected to the West. But since the USSR disbanded... there'd be no real reason for her to defect in the 21st century. At least not before 2022 (when Russia became our enemy again thanks to Ukraine).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Unfortunately even her base concept is outdated now. She was a Soviet spy who defected to the West. But since the USSR disbanded... there'd be no real reason for her to defect in the 21st century. At least not before 2022 (when Russia became our enemy again thanks to Ukraine).
    No matter how friendly we may have behaved over the last couple of decades we still spy on each other like crazy.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

What I dont get is if this isnt just a story and she takes over the book from Eddie(bad idea imo) how does this jive with Thunderbolts as Natasha is a member of that book....
    X-Men Forever

Apparently Al Ewing, and therefore Eddie, is still on the book. Nat replaces Dylan. I wonder if she allows herself to be Venomised because Dylan's just a kid, and she doesn't think a kid should have a symbiote (though he's not the only one, Red Goblin is also a child with a symbiote - Normie Osborn, Norman's grandson).

I disagree about it not jiving with Thunderbolts. Venom's been a Thunderbolt before, when it was Flash Thompson wearing the symbiote, in the Red Hulk Thunderbolts series.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Even for Marvel standards this is a whole new level of awful.

My decision from a year ago to abandon this garbage company for good turns out to have been truly prophetic.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

What does that have to do with anything regarding her current status? The US are not at war with Germany anymore so should Marvel also cancel Captain America because his origin is outdated?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

His origin at least is stuck to World War II. Natasha's isn't glued to the Cold War, it's on the sliding timescale and thus is now in around 2008.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    No matter how friendly we may have behaved over the last couple of decades we still spy on each other like crazy.
    Exactly. You might have to update the specifics to make it more contemporary, but like 90% of her origin still works.

I heard Black Widow is going to be the new Venom? I saw the suit and spoilers:
    It just looks like another black suit Spider-Man outfit with the Black Widow symbol. Honestly it makes her look like yet another spider/venom character and overall nothing special.
    end of spoilers I'm interested how that will carry over into Thunderbolts. But now that she has the symbiote she might actually become a Black Widow and eat Spider-Man.

It sounds like a dumb idea but if we are lucky it's dumb fun and I'm here for it.
    I'm somehow looking more forward to this than Thunderbolts simply because that one will inevitably end after 4 issues and end up meaning nothing while "Winom" could be anything from absolutely awful to oddly entertaining.

But yeah I agree that she looks more like Spiderman than venom and it's odd.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-29-2023 at 07:13 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

What is this "looks like Spider-Man instead of Venom" talk about? Because she's slender instead of bulky?

I mean there's nothing that could save this abominable idea but there's still some room to make it even worse and making her look like The Hulk in a black Spidey costume would definitely achieve that.

It's a mix of several things, the leanness just being a minor one that's true for most "non-swole" heroes.
    The big one I think would be the eyes which much like the logo are very straight and solid in design rather than being frayed in any way.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter