Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The best way to understand these numbers is to compare it to books that were released on the same day, Sep. 27th, 2022

41 Batman - Beyond the White Knight #5
    47 Detective Comics #1064
    83 DC vs. Vampires #9
    92 Tim Drake - Robin #1
    93 Harley Quinn #22
    96 Action Comics #1047
    97 The Human Target #7
    137 Superman - Space Age #2
    145 Justice League vs. The Legion of Super-Heroes #6
    158 Task Force Z #12
    169 Batman - Fortress #5
    194 Deathstroke Inc. #13
    As you said, this will be a good comparison.

Honestly, it's bad that Tim Drake - Robin #1 is only one position above Harley Quinn #22. The fall after Issue 1 is always strong.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    What about these stats on Tim's solo?

https://twitter.com/RoliverQueen_/st...81530718191617
    Unlikely, given that issue 7 is the start of a new arc I think the book makes it to a least 12 issues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Unlikely, given that issue 7 is the start of a new arc I think the book makes it to a least 12 issues.
    What about the stats for the other issues?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It seems that Tim Drake Robin #1 start in the position 92 for September (accorfing to ICv2):

https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/...ales-rankings/

It would be a pretty terrible start. However, I've read ICv2 counts only the sales for the month, which could justify so terrible position for an Issue #1 (Tim Drake Robin was released 27th September).
    That is books ordered to stores NOT books a person bought.

Remember the bias nature of some stores owners towards certain titles.

If a store does Final Order Cutoff and gets 10 pre-orders of Tim's book. Most are not going to over 30 more copies like they would with Batman doing anything even falling from space in a book.

With most titles they are going to order x amount and when they sell out there is no reordering. Which is why you don't see some indy books at stores after new Wednesday.

So despite that person's bias-stores tend to KNOW what they are doing way more than he EVER will. Sorry he got issues with minis and one shots.

18 is a better bet.

Trade sales want a word although I would SUSPECT we would see that around March or May. Won't be online for preorders until maybe the end of the month.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is books ordered to stores NOT books a person bought.
    I've understood ICv2 creates its ranking based on the books bought by people. This page doesn't seem to have the information of books ordered by the stores.

It was Comichron who used books ordered by stores to create its ranking. I should say this was a pretty reliable source, since books ordered by stores were income for DC comics (comics in comic stores are not returnable after all)

18 is a better bet.

Trade sales want a word although I would SUSPECT we would see that around March or May. Won't be online for preorders until maybe the end of the month.
    I know you like to speak about trades, but floppies still seem the main source of profit for DC comics.

I really doubt books could be mantained only with good trade sales. Not to mention that many books with poor floppies sales tend to have poor trade sales too.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-09-2023 at 10:02 PM.

18 is a better bet.

But DC has lots of books that are only planned to have 12 issues, why would that suddenly be a problem here?

Mighty Member

I saw another tweet which says that even taking into the 4-5 days sale to explain the poor sales there is also this to take into consideration:

https://twitter.com/jdgarza157/statu...22276767408129

Astonishing Member

I saw another tweet which says that even taking into the 4-5 days sale to explain the poor sales there is also this to take into consideration:

https://twitter.com/jdgarza157/statu...22276767408129
    Yeah. I was thinking about this too.

If the sales weren't so bad, this books will likely appear in the top 200 of the next month.

Incredible Member

The sales are... not good. Even with Mora's beautiful homage covers. I truly believed it'll sell better. Dropping to the 188 place by issue #4 is way too low for a popular bat character.

I guess DC tried to switch the artist (as Ricardo Lopez Ortiz is credited for the next issues) hoping that sales will increase, but so far it looks really bad.

I still hope that they'll change the entire creative team instead of just cancellation of the book, but maybe a new run with hopefully a new identity will do the trick.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    The sales are... not good. Even with Mora's beautiful homage covers. I truly believed it'll sell better. Dropping to the 188 place by issue #4 is way too low for a popular bat character.

I guess DC tried to switch the artist (as Ricardo Lopez Ortiz is credited for the next issues) hoping that sales will increase, but so far it looks really bad.

I still hope that they'll change the entire creative team instead of just cancellation of the book, but maybe a new run with hopefully a new identity will do the trick.
    Rossomo is up til issue 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. I was thinking about this too.

If the sales weren't so bad, this books will likely appear in the top 200 of the next month.
    The fact they aren't isn't a good sign..............

So what do people think are the main reasons why the book seems to be doing not so hot?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Twitter and Tumblr seem to think he's Tim OTP and DC keeps pushing it hard as Tim's OTP.
    What I find sad about this is that most of these people are probably not actually buying the book.

They'll make plenty of cute fan-art and upvote any related tweet but they aren't actually supporting the series.

Incredible Member

In the upcoming POC of Lunar distribution, Rossomo isn't credited for the next issues.

He's also not the artist of issue #7, based on DC connect - https://media.lunardistribution.com/...connect_32.pdf

tim drake 6.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    What I find sad about this is that most of these people are probably not actually buying the book.

They'll make plenty of cute fan-art and upvote any related tweet but they aren't actually supporting the series.
    Being frank most of these people at MOST are content with looking at online excerpts/screenshots of Tim being cute with Bernard from the issues that are grabbed from twitter/tumblr rather than buying the book. For a lot of these people Tim being bi just boils down to him looking cute with a boy and that's what they are coming in for/looking for and once they get that, that's it for them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    In the upcoming POC of Lunar distribution, Rossomo isn't credited for the next issues.

He's also not the artist of issue #7, based on DC connect - https://media.lunardistribution.com/...connect_32.pdf

tim drake 6.jpg

On twitter he said he's up til 6 (sorry meant to write that instead of 7)

https://twitter.com/rileyrossmo1/sta...04299016097792

The fact they aren't isn't a good sign..............

So what do people think are the main reasons why the book seems to be doing not so hot?
    Should just end the book and start again with a new creative team later in the year.

Tim Drake is a character that deserves a book, but they put the odds against him. Fitzmartin doesn't have a good reputation right now and Rossomo art is really divisive. Not reallly a recipe for success, unless they stumble into a master piece, which isn't the case. The book is not near as bad as YJ Dark Crisis, it's just you run of the mill book like a lot of what DC is putting on shelves right now, but with worse art.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.