Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Huh, I just realized. They cancelled it on Pride Month.

I want to feel bad but...I just can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if whoever writes Tim next will ditch Bernard?
    They're still promoting him as LGBTQ+ so for now that's probably Tim's niche until such a time as they want to do something different...which I guess will continue to make Bernard a thing because that's the only reason he exists right now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I just hope they understand, that sales were bad because of terrible direction and they need to do something different with Tim, and he desperately needs some good writer, Zdarsky, for instance.
    I can answer that real easy-they WON'T.

Because it boils down to WHAT are they looking at.

Are they axing only due to pre-orders like so many writer have claimed DC and Marvel only cares about that.

Are they axing due to actually folks buying the book?

I mean what are they looking at?

What would say change writer? Certain not Amazon reviews.

How would you get a new writer who would NOT continue what we have seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

They're still promoting him as LGBTQ+ so for now that's probably Tim's niche until such a time as they want to do something different...which I guess will continue to make Bernard a thing because that's the only reason he exists right now.
    Even if Tim still dates men instead of getting back with Steph (and he's bi, not gay, so that remains an option), no new writer will be forced to keep Bernard around. Same goes for Jon Kent. Whoever takes over writing him from Tom Taylor doesn't have to keep Jay Nakamura if they don't want to. Hell, they could pair them up!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-17-2023 at 01:53 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Then he might as well be killed off because that is a quick way to failure.

He can be LGBTQA+ all he likes but there has to be MORE to him. Where is the Tim that held an 180 run book at?

Get him back here with his friends (Hudman and Ives) in college and balancing life and being a hero.

Part of the issue with this run was it forgot all that and still never showed HOW Bernard meant something to him.

If they still want him with a boyfriend-we got LGBTQA+ heroes his age running around. Where is Hero Cruz at?

Amazing Member

Exactly.

Sometimes it feels like DC doesn't know what to do with any of the Robins.

They unceremoniously cancel Damians' books, clumsily execute bringing Tim back to prominence, stick Jason in a Joker book because he has nothing better to do...well, Dick is actually doing pretty well admittedly, but still.
    Just let Jeremy Adams to write a Supersons group when Taylor is finished with Jon (and throw Iris and Jay too).
    And let Dexter Soy write a Jason&Artemis miniseries

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I would much prefer Tim gets back with Stephanie.

Despite what Fitzmartin has written lately, I found their relationship to be "cute".

Especially Tim laughing at her weird laugh, to me, they were written with great chemistry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Then he might as well be killed off because that is a quick way to failure.
    Ironically, they probably believe, that him being the LGBTQ character is the only way to keep him around, at least the way they want him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Despite what Fitzmartin has written lately, I found their relationship to be "cute".

Especially Tim laughing at her weird laugh, to me, they were written with great chemistry.
    Even in 10 issues Fitzmartin really hasn't done much to make Bernard or his relationship with Tim stand out compared to just generic relationship stuff...

Mighty Member

Even in 10 issues Fitzmartin really hasn't done much to make Bernard or his relationship with Tim stand out compared to just generic relationship stuff...
    That's because she never really focused on the relationship all that much, outside of Tim internal monolouge about how he felt.

Honestly not surprised that this books and Batgirls have been cancelled, the sales were not good.

It also seems that Bat-Family lines of books will be relaunching soon based on what is been hinted at in Batman. I guess it has something to do with what Taylor have been hinting at with something big happening in Gotham.

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

We are yet to see any exact reason why Bernard is the "one".

The build-up and execution of Tim's previous relationship were done a lot better.

The unfortunate thing is the "dudebros" on youtube will use this an example of "diversity failure" whereas it was just the writer not putting in the work regarding Tim's new status.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I’m really tired of this continuous comparison between Tim and Damian.
    Damian fans can’t live a day without throwing Tim under the bus.
    Honestly I think maybe having Tim be Robin again might not have been the best decision. The Drake name and costume were terrible but I’d like to see another writer try something else.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Honestly I think maybe having Tim be Robin again might not have been the best decision. The Drake name and costume were terrible but I’d like to see another writer try something else.
    I honestly think with as much as a failure this has been, the best way to move him past this is to finally graduate him to his own name and narrative. The two problems with "Drake" were when people hear or see that word, they generally think of the duck not the dragon and that the costume was extremely uninspired. Let Zdarsky create something for him, give him some backups in Batman to build it. While I would prefer him to move on without Bernard, because the only thing MF has done is make him the object of Tim's whining and moping, he has done nothing to add to Tim's narrative. I'm still voting for the Grey Ghost myself.

Tim getting a Persona like redesign would be cool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Tim can’t get back with Stephanie ( DC is way too proud of their line of lgbt characters currently )
    Unfortunately I’m not even sure he can stop being robin anymore either since him being (lgbt) and (Robin) will be used to sell pride issues forever. We can only hope he get a good team one day and they write a spectacular story, if not cameo and reoccurring appearances will be his fate like Batwoman.