Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1038

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, technically I think Bruce has vanished maybe 2-3 times when Damian has been an active Robin even if it wasn't to the same extent.
    He hasn't. You are thinking of when he was teamed with Duke who technically wasn't Robin.
    Damian being an active Robin mean he's teamed with Bruce. Damian was active and Robin during Failsafe for instance but Batman was teamed with Tim when he got lost.

Maybe I should amend the batman and Robin should be working as a team side by side not estranged or broken up

Extraordinary Member

But when they are a team, they're amazing on-point.
    Is that because Tim is static hasn’t changed

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He hasn't. You are thinking of when he was teamed with Duke who technically wasn't Robin.
    Damian being an active Robin mean he's teamed with Bruce. Damian was active and Robin during Failsafe for instance but Batman was teamed with Tim when he got lost.

Maybe I should amend the batman and Robin should be working as a team side by side not estranged or broken up
    I like Bruce and Tim together and I like Bruce and Damian together .
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is that because Tim is static hasn’t changed
    No, they're just an effective Batman and Robin duo since the 90's.

Extraordinary Member

But when they are a team, they're amazing on-point.
    They really are. Who knows what would've happened to Bruce had he not become Robin.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

What do you all think Tim will be skipped in DCU given how often he is skipped in other things

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you all think Tim will be skipped in DCU given how often he is skipped in other things
    What do you mean always skipped?
    Jason, Cass and Steph are always skipped not Tim. Tim is in everything including taking Jason's place in the DCAU. He was skipped in the animated movie verse because Damian was the active Robin.

Most likely the DCU will skip Tim but I don't mind, he's already had a live action movie. The Nolan Batman.

Mighty Member

John Blake wasn't Tim.

Jason, Cass and Steph are always skipped not Tim. Tim is in everything including taking Jason's place in the DCAU. He was skipped in the animated movie verse because Damian was the active Robin.

Most likely the DCU will skip Tim but I don't mind, he's already had a live action movie. The Nolan Batman.
    John Blake wasn't Tim but similar to Terry from Batman Beyond. They were new characters who filled the Robin role. Tim was in Titans tho.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It's possible Tim could be skipped but it's also possible they might just stick to just Dick and Damian like Garcia's TT YA graphic novel.

All of the live action Marvel and DC adaptations do their own thing.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-23-2023 at 05:12 AM.

His name may have been "Tim", but everything else was Jason Todd. The creators have said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    John Blake wasn't Tim.
    He did figure out that Bruce Wayne was Batman, which has been one of Tim's defining traits, certainly something no other Robin did.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

John Blake was an amalgam of the Robin's in general. He was also a cop like Dick was at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    John Blake was an amalgam of the Robin's in general. He was also a cop like Dick was at one point.
    So he is Tim, then.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So he is Tim, then.
    What now? Just because he takes traits of all of them to be an amalgam, doesn't mean he is an exact adaption or one of them exactly. He was a cop like Dick, does that mean he is Dick then?

I never felt like John Blake was compellingly similar to any of the Robins enough to be a stand in for any of them.

Well, he was an orphan, a street kid, a cop and figured out Batman's identity. He was an amalgamation of all of them, but didn't feel like any of them. He was just a stand in for entity of Robin, hell, his first name was Robin.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.