Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Btw. am I the only one who finds it hypocritical of Tim to complain about Damian "never having to clean up in his life" if I think back about how Tim's room looked like when he was Robin, and that his parents were also at least millionaires?

It is actually kind of ironic that the kids with most average families in the Batmanfranchise seem to be Lonnie Marchin and Ulysses Armstrong.
    Last edited by Aahz; 06-02-2023 at 02:14 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. am I the only one who finds it hypocritical of Tim to complain about Damian "never having to clean up in his life" if I think back about how Tim's room looked like when he was Robin, and that his parents were also at least millionaires?

It is actually kind of ironic that the kids with most average families in the Batmanfranchise seem to be Lonnie Marchin and Ulysses Armstrong.
    ....This is also true. Tim's room was a mess and he had a family maid.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    It feels like Fitzmartin's goal for bi Tim was "aren't he and Bernard so cute?' and that's it....
    Well if that is all you are told to do then why wouldn't that be the goal??

As ayanestar said: This is because DC and Fritzmartin have not thought further than to expand his sexuality like congratulations we have a new LGBT+ representation but what now?

You gotta do more than than.

Straight Tim Drake went 280 solo issues and had nonstop adventures with Batman.
    Same with Prodigy in X-Men.

Now it's like a battle to do anything with them. Being LGBTQA+ does not mean that is all you have to offer. It's a component of a bigger piece of a cog.

The only difference between straight Tim and Bi-sexual Tim is WHO they are dating. It some still be the same character with some more growth.

Not taking a shot at the ex-that is mess Storm does in X-books to T'Challa.

The other difference is the artwork in their primary comic, and the fact they aren't around Batman as often as they were prior.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    People: "WHY DON'T THEY EXPLAIN WHY TIM BROKE UP WITH STEPHANIE!?! We're just supposed to accept it!?!? Tell us!! Flesh it out! Give us something!"

DC: gives a story where Tim explains in a few sentences where he mentally was at when he broke up with Stephanie and kept a small distance from her till recently to show how he relates to Connor distancing himself from Ollie temporarily. Also has an entire conversation across multiple pages in a whole story.

Same People: "OMG WHY DO THEY KEEP BRINGING THIS UP!?!? They are so insecure they always gotta return to Stephanie in some way!!!"

This.. so this.
    Honestly, too little too late.

I don't think the writer was trying to attack Stephanie or even the ship, but the explanation is still pretty poor.

That said, I don't think anyone could write a good story to justify the way Tim broke up with Stephanie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, too little too late.

I don't think the writer was trying to attack Stephanie or even the ship, but the explanation is still pretty poor.

That said, I don't think anyone could write a good story to justify the way Tim broke up with Stephanie.

If you don't think it was an attack on Steph/the ship, what are your reasons for finding it poor?

At this point it would only make sense if he was gay instead of bi

Mighty Member

[/B]

At this point it would only make sense if he was gay instead of bi
    He essentially is. They've only called him bi to try and have it both ways, where they can pander to the Steph crowd if they choose.

He's written in the book itself as gay. And not even real person gay, but adorable Twitter worshipper gay. He's a personification of a meme.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    He essentially is. They've only called him bi to try and have it both ways, where they can pander to the Steph crowd if they choose.

He's written in the book itself as gay. And not even real person gay, but adorable Twitter worshipper gay. He's a personification of a meme.
    This description is WAY tooooooooooo accurate

but do go into more detail...........

That Pride story was by Nadia Shammas, not Meghan Fitzmartin. I wonder if Nadia will be Tim's next solo writer?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That Pride story was by Nadia Shammas, not Meghan Fitzmartin. I wonder if Nadia will be Tim's next solo writer?
    I really doubt there will be another Tim solo in the short term. The sales of the last Tim solo have been really terrible. Not to mention that Robin name will be used in the new Batman and Robin (Damian) comic.

I think it's more likely Tim will likely be on a team for a while.

Detective Comics being a team book like it was during the Rebirth fase was a great idea, much like Action Comics is now about the Super family. I don't know why they don't bring this concept back.

Tim, Kate, Duke and many others may not be able to sustain sales by themselves, but i doubt they would hurt TEC sales and not bump it up, even if just a little.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Detective Comics being a team book like it was during the Rebirth fase was a great idea, much like Action Comics is now about the Super family. I don't know why they don't bring this concept back.

Tim, Kate, Duke and many others may not be able to sustain sales by themselves, but i doubt they would hurt TEC sales and not bump it up, even if just a little.
    Honestly it surprises me that with all the Gotham Knights brand build up (quality aside) with the show and game that they didn't do a Gotham Knights comic that's a new Batfamily team book. It seems tailor-made for that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly it surprises me that with all the Gotham Knights brand build up (quality aside) with the show and game that they didn't do a Gotham Knights comic that's a new Batfamily team book. It seems tailor-made for that.
    well the brand flopped based on what I've heard

Extraordinary Member

well the brand flopped based on what I've heard
    The game didn’t live up to expectations
    And the show was not welcomed at the end of DCs life on the CW
    The Gotham knights brand is Proably gonna go dark for a while before anyone else uses it again

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The game didn’t live up to expectations
    And the show was not welcomed at the end of DCs life on the CW
    The Gotham knights brand is Proably gonna go dark for a while before anyone else uses it again
    The game had real potential. It wasn't Saints Row 2022 level of disappointment, but yeah.