Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Guess it’s time to exit this thread. You can’t be a Tim fan and want him to stop being Robin and stop wearing his proper costume.
    Originally the name was Dick's but he gave it to Jason. So Tim moving beyond Robin onto something new felt appropriate. It's not unique to him as the various superboys/girls, kid Flashes, speedys should just move than to something new to keep that name forever.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-03-2023 at 01:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Originally the name was Dick's but he gave it to Jason. So Tim moving beyond Robin onto something new felt appropriate. It's not unique to him as the various superboys/girls, kid Flashes, speedys should just move on to something new to keep that name forever.
    I don’t agree. Tim should be Robin and Cass should be Batgirl. Bart was at his best as Impulse. Kon has always been Superboy. Plus, Damian sucks.

I'd like a new artist on his book more than anything.

You can’t be a Tim fan and want him to stop being Robin and stop wearing his proper costume.
    Nice gatekeeping.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

I don’t agree. Tim should be Robin and Cass should be Batgirl. Bart was at his best as Impulse. Kon has always been Superboy. Plus, Damian sucks.
    I don't disagree about Bart. I rather he keep Impulse as he got older. It's more unique and specific than Kid Flash is and that's why he's the exception. 1

I like the YJ crew, I rather they just move on to something else than stay stagnant.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-03-2023 at 01:37 PM.

You having a hate boner for Damian isn't going to change the fact that Tim has outgrown the Robin mantle ages ago and one day DC is going to realize that as well because Tim isn't going to magically start selling better just because they have changed his sexuality...well actually that might have worked if they hired a proper writer and not some tumblr fangirl who thinks she can write.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'd like a new artist on his book more than anything.

Nice gatekeeping.
    I’m certain these are not new fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't disagree about Bart. I rather he keep Impulse as he got older. It's more unique and specific than Kid Flash is and that's why he's the exception. 1

I like the YJ crew, I rather they just move on to something else than stay stagnant.
    I don’t agree. I like the YJ characters where they were (pre-2003) and I’d like a return to that. There are still so many stories to tell using that era as a springboard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    You having a hate boner for Damian isn't going to change the fact that Tim has outgrown the Robin mantle ages ago and one day DC is going to realize that as well because Tim isn't going to magically start selling better just because they have changed his sexuality...well actually that might have worked if they hired a proper writer and not some tumblr fangirl who thinks she can write.
    Tim never outgrew the role. You just like Damian better. Admit it.

Also, Tim has always sold well. His original series ran for 16 years! And it was only cancelled because of that little snot, filthy Talia’s disgusting offspring Damian.

I’m certain these are not new fans.
    Gatekeeping isn't exclusive to new fans.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

How are the sales for Tim's solo?

BANNED

Gatekeeping isn't exclusive to new fans.
    Sure, Jan.

BANNED

Your post doesn’t belong in an appreciation thread by and for his fans. Please create your own thread to attack him. What you’re doing is not polite or respectful.

Sure, Jan.
    The fact that you posted this, then immediately posted this:

Your post doesn’t belong in an appreciation thread by and for his fans. Please create your own thread to attack him. What you’re doing is not polite or respectful.
    shows that, no, you don't know what gatekeeping is.

You don't get to dictate what does and doesn't make a Tim Drake fan just because it fall outside of the specific view you want the character to be.

BANNED

The fact that you posted this, then immediately posted this:

shows that, no, you don't know what gatekeeping is.

You don't get to dictate what does and doesn't make a Tim Drake fan just because it fall outside of the specific view you want the character to be.
    He’s not showing appreciation for Tim. He’s bashing Tim. Bashing doesn’t belong in appreciation threads. I don’t go into Damian’s appreciation thread and bash him. That’s just good manners.

I don’t agree. I like the YJ characters where they were (pre-2003) and I’d like a return to that. There are still so many stories to tell using that era as a springboard.
    Without Peter David coming back to do it, I wouldn't be interested.

So we'd have to disagree.