Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Without Peter David coming back to do it, I wouldn't be interested.

So we'd have to disagree.
    I agree with that. I’d rather the characters just go into limbo than change into something unrecognizable. Kon, Cassie, and Bart were completely ruined by Geoff Johns. I’d rather they had just faded into obscurity like poor Secret, Empress, and Arrowette.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    He’s not showing appreciation for Tim. He’s bashing Tim. Bashing doesn’t belong in appreciation threads. I don’t go into Damian’s appreciation thread and bash him. That’s just good manners.
    Where in his post did he bash Tim?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Tim never outgrew the role. You just like Damian better. Admit it.

Also, Tim has always sold well. His original series ran for 16 years! And it was only cancelled because of that little snot, filthy Talia’s disgusting offspring Damian.
    No, if it was up to me none of them would exist and Dick would be the only Robin however that isn't an option because of Nightwing and people are attached to the other Robins but if you want me to choose between Damian or Tim, you are right, I would choose Damian though I don't want him to be Robin forever either. Tim had a chance to move on and make a name for himself, but DC has wasted every opportunity so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    How are the sales for Tim's solo?
    No idea because it's difficult to predict DC's sales these days, however I don't even see the usual Twitter crowd hyping up his new series and that has me worried. DC might use this as an excuse to say LGBT+ characters don't sell and just cancel his book without given Tim a proper chance to establish himself again.

Your post doesn’t belong in an appreciation thread by and for his fans. Please create your own thread to attack him. What you’re doing is not polite or respectful.
    I'm not attacking anyone, you however are out here calling a fictional character all kind of names as if you are a 12-year-old child. I think you should take your own advice and start "appreciating" Tim instead of using this thread as an excuse to hate on other character. I also would like it if you would stop calling me a "he", I'm a woman.
    Last edited by ayanestar; 01-03-2023 at 02:55 PM.

This is a thread for appreciating/discussing, not character bashing.

So, going back to Tim, what should his major be when he finally goes to college? Do you think he would go for something more personal or something that he would use for his hero shenanigans?
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    So, going back to Tim, what should his major be when he finally goes to college? Do you think he would go for something more personal or something that he would use for his hero shenanigans?
    Rebirth went with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Rebirth went with the latter.
    I forgot about that. I can’t wait for Tim to be college age again and continue his studies. Didn’t he get in on some genius grant or is that someone’s headcanon? I really need to go back to that story because I hardly remember it for some reason… I feel like I might have dropped it… was it the storyline or what?
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

I agree with that. I’d rather the characters just go into limbo than change into something unrecognizable. Kon, Cassie, and Bart were completely ruined by Geoff Johns. I’d rather they had just faded into obscurity like poor Secret, Empress, and Arrowette.
    I meant it differently. I rather see a reboot for the YJ era or another adaptation. I'm cool with Tim being Robin in YJ and Gotham Knights. I rather he move past his Robin days and do something new.

Beyond a new name and outfit, I feel like he needs something like Dick's time in Spyral. A cool hook beyond the usual superhero patrols a city trope.

BANNED

I meant it differently. I rather see a reboot for the YJ era or another adaptation. I'm cool with Tim being Robin in YJ and Gotham Knights. I rather he move past his Robin days and do something new.

Beyond a new name and outfit, I feel like he needs something like Dick's time in Spyral. A cool hook beyond the usual superhero patrols a city trope.
    I don’t agree with any of that. Here’s why:

Changing Cass from Batgirl to Orphan ruined the character and she still hasn’t recovered. Likewise with Steph being regressed from Batgirl to Spoiler, and Babs being demoted from Oracle to Batgirl. Jason going from Robin to Red Hood was also a costly mistake. The only time a Bat character changing their codename has worked was when Dick became Nightwing, Babs became Oracle, and Steph became Batgirl.

Robin is the most important role in the Bat universe after Batman himself, so I’d like Tim to maintain his special status rather than get downgraded.

Changing Cass from Batgirl to Orphan ruined the character and she still hasn’t recovered. Likewise with Steph being regressed from Batgirl to Spoiler, and Babs being demoted from Oracle to Batgirl. Jason going from Robin to Red Hood was also a costly mistake. The only time a Bat character changing their codename has worked was when Dick became Nightwing, Babs became Oracle, and Steph became Batgirl.

Robin is the most important role in the Bat universe after Batman himself, so I’d like Tim to maintain his special status rather than get downgraded.
    But a lot of people like Jason as Red Hood more than Jason as Robin. And people wouldn't ask for Barbara to be Oracle again if they didn't see her time as Oracle as an upgrade. So as you said yourself it worked more than once. Why shouldn't it work for Tim? He's stuck.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 01-04-2023 at 02:17 PM.

I disagree with Red hood. I don't disagree about Steph or Cass but that's more about the new 52 being poorly handled than the idea itself. However Orphan is a bad name and I preferred MIST or Black Bat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    But a lot of people like Jason as Red Hood more than Jason as Robin. And people wouldn't ask for Barbara to be Oracle again if they didn't see her time as Oracle as an upgrade. So as you said yourself it worked more than once. Why shouldn't it work for Tim? He's stuck.
    He’s not stuck. He’s Robin. That’s who he is. Doesn’t it bother you that Damian stole Tim’s role?

I’m sure Red Hood has his fans but Jason was a better character as Robin, especially pre-Crisis.

I did say that Oracle was an upgrade.

They tried this already when they made Tim into Red Robin and later Drake. It didn’t work. Robin is his best, most iconic role. Tim is the best Robin. Let’s keep it that way.

BANNED

I disagree with Red hood. I don't disagree about Steph or Cass but that's more about the new 52 being poorly handled than the idea itself. However Orphan is a bad name and I preferred MIST or Black Bat.
    Orphan made no sense because Cass is Bruce’s adopted daughter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    No, if it was up to me none of them would exist and Dick would be the only Robin however that isn't an option because of Nightwing and people are attached to the other Robins but if you want me to choose between Damian or Tim, you are right, I would choose Damian though I don't want him to be Robin forever either. Tim had a chance to move on and make a name for himself, but DC has wasted every opportunity so far.

No idea because it's difficult to predict DC's sales these days, however I don't even see the usual Twitter crowd hyping up his new series and that has me worried. DC might use this as an excuse to say LGBT+ characters don't sell and just cancel his book without given Tim a proper chance to establish himself again.

I'm not attacking anyone, you however are out here calling a fictional character all kind of names as if you are a 12-year-old child. I think you should take your own advice and start "appreciating" Tim instead of using this thread as an excuse to hate on other character. I also would like it if you would stop calling me a "he", I'm a woman.
    Why do you think his current series feels like tumblr?

Orphan made no sense because Cass is Bruce’s adopted daughter.
    She wasn't when she went by Orphan.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans