Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim Drake is “bisexual”
    That is his defining trait now his sexuality

https://twitter.com/dcofficial/statu...jJ3z6TXVzl8ksw
    Well, Tim isn't the smart one anymore (that would be Barbara). He is the bisexual now.

That's so sad.

And gotta love the art chosen for him as well.
    /sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, Tim isn't the smart one anymore (that would be Barbara). He is the bisexual now.

That's so sad.
    That is so very sad. I don’t care that he is bisexual, I want the characters I like to have a personality. He can have a great personality and do great things and he can just so happen to have a boyfriend.

Reminds me of the brother of a lady I work with. He is gay and he gets so pissed off that he can’t just be a regular person who just so happens to be married to a man. He gets so much flak for not letting that be his entire personality. Just terrible.
    Last edited by Rufio; 03-25-2023 at 04:36 PM.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Tim Drake is “bisexual”
    That is his defining trait now his sexuality

https://twitter.com/dcofficial/statu...jJ3z6TXVzl8ksw
    Really DC, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, Tim isn't the smart one anymore (that would be Barbara).
    No Babs is more than that. All the bat sidekicks are/have always been the smart ones. It's part of the basic batfam skill set. Exceptional smarts and detectives.

It shouldn't be a defining trait unless the character is so generic that writers are forced to just assign them a shared trait as their defining trait.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    No Babs is more than that. All the bat sidekicks are/have always been the smart ones. It's part of the basic batfam skill set. Exceptional smarts and detectives.

It shouldn't be a defining trait unless the character is so generic that writers are forced to just assign them a shared trait as their defining trait.
    I mentioned this, because that's the trait the video assigned to Barbara (literally, she is called the smart one).

In the video, Barbara is the genius with perfect memory as a defining trait.

What happened to Tim being the best detective?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess DC didn't want him upstaging Bruce Wayne

In all seriousness, not sure that his defining trait being "I do what everyone else does, but better" is exactly something to make a character stand out. Pretty sure that making his sexuality his defining trait wasn't the way to go, but I'm not surprised that DC has been struggling to make Tim "relevant" again.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

In all seriousness, not sure that his defining trait being "I do what everyone else does, but better" is exactly something to make a character stand out. Pretty sure that making his sexuality his defining trait wasn't the way to go, but I'm not surprised that DC has been struggling to make Tim "relevant" again.
    And even that seems to be struggling.

Did not expect to get emotional....

Also gains!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yeah. I don't think they want to assign the best detective to Tim, since that would be Bruce. Also, it wouldn't fit the group of friends theme (not that the always-online bisexual fits better).

Tim is usually assigned the smart one between Robins, but he lost that position when Barbara is involved.

Tim's still probably the best Detective of the Bat Family. The guy just defused a bomb in under 5 seconds.

And his entire run in the current comic was basically a Detective novel, complete with Sherlock and Noir and Mystery references in one of my favorite pages. They definitely AREN'T leaning away from Tim being the Detective of The Bat Family.

People say as they do. But I really have loved his solo as well as his Holmes/Watson thing he has going on with Darcy. I wish more people had been reading it, because you get to see Tim as Detective on full display, then people wouldn't be assuming DC is trying to not treat him like one when it's been his entire solo run.
    Last edited by Majesty; 03-26-2023 at 03:03 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    People say as they do. But I really have loved his solo as well as his Holmes/Watson thing he has going on with Darcy. I wish more people had been reading it, because you get to see Tim as Detective on full display, then people wouldn't be assuming DC is trying to not treat him like one when it's been his entire solo run.
    Then don't get a writer who alienates folks.

Along with an artist who acted like he was not interested because we have seen better art in a recent Superman book by him.

Because those were the two main complaints by folks, even those who read the book and agreed with what you said.

That's so sad.
    Along with the fact that list excluded not just Kate-who was LGBTQA and never let it defined her as Batwoman.

And guess Duke and Luke are the distant family members now.

Pretty sure that making his sexuality his defining trait wasn't the way to go, but I'm not surprised that DC has been struggling to make Tim "relevant" again.
    As if the Dudebros NEEDED anymore ammo to attack. DC hands it to them AGAIN.

Or the entire Batfamily if you listen to the rest of the fandom .
    Tim's still probably the best Detective of the Bat Family. The guy just defused a bomb in under 5 seconds.

And his entire run in the current comic was basically a Detective novel, complete with Sherlock and Noir and Mystery references in one of my favorite pages. They definitely AREN'T leaning away from Tim being the Detective of The Bat Family.

It's so weird how this book has a discount version of Steph in it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I would have read more if they had literally anyone else on art. Man, that's bad.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!