Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The fact they have to try so hard to dump on Tim/Steph tells us that even DC realizes Timber is failing to catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    The fact they have to try so hard to dump on Tim/Steph tells us that even DC realizes Timber is failing to catch on.
    We sure it's that and not "just" trying to flesh out the in-universe reasons why the breakup happened in the first place?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    We sure it's that and not "just" trying to flesh out the in-universe reasons why the breakup happened in the first place?
    I mean, the things Tim said run almost completely against his last relationship with Steph. Literally lying about near everything about it. Which is a common and disgusting trope in certain fanfics when the writer hates certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Tim and Steph broke up almost two years ago, they still need to flesh out his reasoning?

It's not like he didn't told us why he choose not to be with her anymore.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Tim and Steph broke up almost two years ago, they still need to flesh out his reasoning?

It's like they realize the reasons they keep giving fall flat.......

DC wants to prove that Bernard is something big for the character, when really, nobody cares if he disappears in the next few months.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    DC wants to prove that Bernard is something big for the character, when really, nobody cares if he disappears in the next few months.
    The only people who will care are twitter/tumblr/tiktok/A03 but since they weren't buying the book.........

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I mean, the things Tim said run almost completely against his last relationship with Steph. Literally lying about near everything about it. Which is a common and disgusting trope in certain fanfics when the writer hates certain characters.
    Based on what I've seen with comic book fandoms in general, I don't think there's any explanation that Tim/Steph shippers would accept. Anything would be "out of character," "disrespectful," "break canon," etc. (Also, who's to say in-universe that Tim thought things were fine -- e.g. the writers that depicted them as going the distance -- but, after the breakup, saw the cracks and problems that made it unsustainable -- the current characterization?)

Was recalling commentary on how vague the break up was initially written, so I will concede being out of the loop so far as subsequent extrapolation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't think the writer was trying to take a jab at Steph and Tim relationship, but it's so weird to me that even two years after they break up, DC still keep hamering this nail. Also, there is not a single mention of Bernard in this story, it looks like their relationship doesn't have any bones to stand on it's own.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I don't think the writer was trying to take a jab at Steph and Tim relationship, but it's so weird to me that even two years after they break up, DC still keep hamering this nail. Also, there is not a single mention of Bernard in this story, it looks like their relationship doesn't have any bones to stand on it's own.
    It is really weird.

Like you said it Tim broke up with her 2 years ago, we've had a couple Pride specials since them, and he's still talking about her like this.

Is there really nothing more they can do with Tim than just having him repeat for the umpteenth time that he's "finding himself" after Steph?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It is really weird.

Like you said it Tim broke up with her 2 years ago, we've had a couple Pride specials since them, and he's still talking about her like this.

Is there really nothing more they can do with Tim than just having him repeat for the umpteenth time that he's "finding himself" after Steph?
    The fact they keep doing this shows how insecure they are about Timber/Bernard finding a footing and how their attempts to throw Steph under the bus aren't working

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It is really weird.

This is because DC and Fritzmartin have not thought further than to expand his sexuality like congratulations we have a new LGBT+ representation but what now? This is exactly why I hate what DC have been doing with Tim in recent years, every time they have an idea it's just superficial, no one is actually thinking about a long-term solution for his character and no bringing back Tim and Steph is not going to fix anything either. It doesn't matter who he is dating, that's like the least of his problems.

People: "WHY DON'T THEY EXPLAIN WHY TIM BROKE UP WITH STEPHANIE!?! We're just supposed to accept it!?!? Tell us!! Flesh it out! Give us something!"

DC: gives a story where Tim explains in a few sentences where he mentally was at when he broke up with Stephanie and kept a small distance from her till recently to show how he relates to Connor distancing himself from Ollie temporarily. Also has an entire conversation across multiple pages in a whole story.

Same People: "OMG WHY DO THEY KEEP BRINGING THIS UP!?!? They are so insecure they always gotta return to Stephanie in some way!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think you need to be so sensitive every time Stephanie is mentioned.

This story is just trying to show how Tim feels. I've understand do you don't like it, but not everything is an attack on the ship.

This.. so this.
    Last edited by Majesty; 06-01-2023 at 08:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    People: "WHY DON'T THEY EXPLAIN WHY TIM BROKE UP WITH STEPHANIE!?! We're just supposed to accept it!?!? Tell us!! Flesh it out! Give us something!"

DC: gives a story where Tim explains in a few sentences where he mentally was at when he broke up with Stephanie and kept a small distance from her till recently to show how he relates to Connor distancing himself from Ollie temporarily. Also has an entire conversation across multiple pages in a whole story.

Same People: "OMG WHY DO THEY KEEP BRINGING THIS UP!?!? They are so insecure they always gotta return to Stephanie in some way!!!"

This.. so this.
    Small distance? He ghosted her to the point where she said it hurt so much and she missed him and was an ******* to her and then only apologized after meeting her by accident when her life was in danger. That's hardly "small distance". What he did to her was pretty shitty so why are you downplaying it?

The thing is the explanations are crappy and just keep giving a middle finger to his relationship with Steph
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 06-01-2023 at 09:01 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    This is because DC and Fritzmartin have not thought further than to expand his sexuality like congratulations we have a new LGBT+ representation but what now? This is exactly why I hate what DC have been doing with Tim in recent years, every time they have an idea it's just superficial, no one is actually thinking about a long-term solution for his character and no bringing back Tim and Steph is not going to fix anything either. It doesn't matter who he is dating, that's like the least of his problems.
    It feels like Fitzmartin's goal for bi Tim was "aren't he and Bernard so cute?' and that's it....