Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I just see it as the price of being a legacy. Often they are just extensions of their mentor and unlikely to a stray too far from their presence. Especially because marvel and DC have a very outdated view of the concept. So you can't avoid it forever. I just tried to list an option that played with it in an interesting way.

I don't mind him doing other things like joining a team of magic characters or tackling hub city's corruption. I also don't mind leaning to his connection with Bruce or the other Bat-Family members.
    Other sidekicks are allowed to have their own adventures, supporting cast, and more, why Jason can't have the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not shure if he would fit in Batman Inc. but I kind of have the feeeling that both Gothmaker and Clown Hunter are kind of infringing what shoudl be Jason's niche in the Batfamily.
    Yeah, is very obvious that Tynion tried to pull a Bendis and replace organic legacy characters with his own OCs to cash on residuals for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Other sidekicks are allowed to have their own adventures, supporting cast, and more, why Jason can't have the same?

Yeah, is very obvious that Tynion tried to pull a Bendis and replace organic legacy characters with his own OCs to cash on residuals for them.
    I'm not saying he can't and I like the all-caste stuff. I don't think it has to be one or the other. I'm just spitballing an idea based on what's currently available.

Honestly I'm more cynical as DC hasn't earned my trust with legacies. So I'm keeping my hopes small.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-20-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. while the evrything was a simulation reveal in the webtoons series sucked, I kind of hyped for the next chapter.

Having the Outlaws go up against Lobo and the others is the kind of stuff I want to see.

Btw. while the evrything was a simulation reveal in the webtoons series sucked, I kind of hyped for the next chapter.

Having the Outlaws go up against Lobo and the others is the kind of stuff I want to see.
    Same. Also got to see some characters like Shiva and even Cheshire, with Roy being mentioned.

The Beard Hunter part was funny though.

The last two episodes of Batman Wayne Family adventures, Ep. 72 and 73 Snowfall, feature pretty much the whole family in a cute snowball fight. Not Jason centred, but still probably worth a read, ya don't get a lot of chances to see Jason teaming up with Steph and Cass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    To be fair, it isn't so common for other sidekicks to have or mantain these things.

Many sidekicks don't have their own books, so they don't have their own adventures.

When new writers starts to write a comic, they tend to create their own characters for supporting cast, while they ignore the characters created by previous writers.

Honestly, although Jason is a popular character, Red Hood comic sales weren't so good. So, I don't think DC has so many plans for a solo.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-23-2023 at 07:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    The last two episodes of Batman Wayne Family adventures, Ep. 72 and 73 Snowfall, feature pretty much the whole family in a cute snowball fight. Not Jason centred, but still probably worth a read, ya don't get a lot of chances to see Jason teaming up with Steph and Cass.
    I never understood people wanting to see Jason interact with Steph or Cass, then again, I don't care about them, to begin with so *shrug*

I'm much more excited for the episode titled Outlaws which is coming in a month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, although Jason is a popular character, Red Hood comic sales weren't so good. So, I don't think DC has so many plans for a solo.
    He managed to keep a book for a decade and is used now to push sales in obviously low-tier books like TFZ or Legends of Gotham or to drive up hype like in Joker.

So, recently in fanfics, there's been a big surge of Danny Phantom crossover with the Bat Family. It kind of varies, some have Danny and sister Jazz running from home or something similar, Danny being a long lost twin to Damian (I don't know why), or Jazz becoming a psychologist at Arkham (because that has such a great history). But in those, when Jazz is in the story, she gets paired up with Jason. Not sure why. And she almost always has powers because of the writer's own head canon. But its becoming rather popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    To be fair, it isn't so common for other sidekicks to have or mantain these things.

Many sidekicks don't have their own books, so they don't have their own adventures.

When new writers starts to write a comic, they tend to create their own characters for supporting cast, while they ignore the characters created by previous writers.

RHATO trades sell quite well.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    RHATO trades sell quite well.
    I would very much like to see a new RHATO series and while I would personally love to see Artemis and Biz return to it as well, I can understand if they aren't available...cause you know they are doing so much in their respective family books. If not, maybe bring back Grace Choi, definitely give him Roy back, maybe another one or two. An Outlaws group with four or five members maybe? I dont know I kind of feel that may be too many.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would very much like to see a new RHATO series and while I would personally love to see Artemis and Biz return to it as well, I can understand if they aren't available...cause you know they are doing so much in their respective family books. If not, maybe bring back Grace Choi, definitely give him Roy back, maybe another one or two. An Outlaws group with four or five members maybe? I dont know I kind of feel that may be too many.
    I think that most of Roy's fans want to keep him as far away from Jason's book as possible. And with him being one of the leads in the Green arrow book, it seems more likely that he'll stay there if the book becomes an ongoing.

Extraordinary Member

If not, maybe bring back Grace Choi,
    problem is she comes usually together with Anissa Pierce, and I'm not convinced that Anissa would make a great Outlaw.

When it comes to the Arrow Characters, I could see Connor Hawk with the Outlaws instead Roy, so that Roy could be back with the Titans.

I would very much like to see a new RHATO series and while I would personally love to see Artemis and Biz return to it as well, I can understand if they aren't available...cause you know they are doing so much in their respective family books. If not, maybe bring back Grace Choi, maybe another one or two. An Outlaws group with four or five members maybe? I dont know I kind of feel that may be too many.
    All this talk about RHATO returning has me excited. Since new members are being considered, my nomination goes to...

Walter West: Dark Flash
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-24-2023 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Kind of unsure about a multiversal version of a main universe character. Which, Biz from the main universe RHATOs is a clone, which circumvents that bit. However, I am for more of the "black sheep" of the various "families" being brought in.

Extraordinary Member

problem is she comes usually together with Anissa Pierce, and I'm not convinced that Anissa would make a great Outlaw.

When it comes to the Arrow Characters, I could see Connor Hawk with the Outlaws instead Roy, so that Roy could be back with the Titans.
    Anissa as Blackbird would