Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason is in his early 20s while Tim is 19 at most so they definitely shouldn't look that similar

Extraordinary Member

On Titans Jason and Tim are actually played by actors of the same age, Curran Walters is just a few weeks older than Jay Lycurgo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I still think that based on the comics they should actually pretty close in age.
    That isn't how current comics treat their ages. Currently, Jason is portrayed closer in age to Dick.

It's a similar situation with Barbara, when she is currently portrayed in similar age to Dick (instead of older).

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/DCOfficial/statu...60/mediaviewer

Jason is the angry one (who came back from the dead) of the Batfamily.

It's little consolation, but at least Jason's big trait isn't being bisexual.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-25-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Looking at Tim, yeah, being the Angry one isn't that bad.

Man, I love that gray and red jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That isn't how current comics treat their ages. Currently, Jason is portrayed closer in age to Dick.
    Is he actually, or is he just considered as an adult alongside Dick, as opposed to still being a teenager like Tim?
    Sorry but I see this come up a lot and even with 6-7 years between them, I don't really understand this commentary, how should Jason be portrayed if not like the young adult he apparently is, and has been since 2005?

The only characters whose ages drastically deviated for a while is Babs and Dick, I keep seeing this "Jason is now portrayed as closer in age to Dick than Tim even though he and Tim are only two years apart etc", but I think it's been more accurate to say that for a while there, Dick was being portrayed as closer to Jasons age, considering he had been deaged down to 21-23, (and Jason was apparently 19-20, with Tim being 16-17 ish in the new52). And now even in a post Frontier world where it appears Dick is back to his pre flashpoint age of late 20s, according to DC apparently Jason is in his early 20s which seems fairly accurate and re establishes the 6-7 year gap. I can't speak about Tim and whether he is (and should be) at least 20 by now, but I can't fault other characters for his eternal youth.
    Last edited by RedBird; 03-26-2023 at 01:04 AM.

It would make no sense for Jason to be closer in age to Dick. Being that when Dick stopped being Robin, Jason was still a kid trying to steal Bruce Wayne's hubcaps.

EDIT: I may have misread the post.
    Last edited by RedBird; 03-26-2023 at 08:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think already beginning after UtRH they he was often written like that, like when they put him on a team with Donna and Kyle. And i can't think of any comic were he was really ever clearly shown to be closer in age to Tim's than to Dick's generation.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I think it's less an issue of whether he's closer to Dick in age and more an issue of Tim sometimes being portrayed as younger than he ought to be. Sure, we had the story about how Tim was contemplating going to Ivy University in Detective which would mean he's meant to be around 17-18 but a lot of times he psychically looks younger which gives the reader the impression that Jason is significantly older.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think it's less an issue of whether he's closer to Dick in age and more an issue of Tim sometimes being portrayed as younger than he ought to be. Sure, we had the story about how Tim was contemplating going to Ivy University in Detective which would mean he's meant to be around 17-18 but a lot of times he psychically looks younger which gives the reader the impression that Jason is significantly older.
    Every time Tim is 18 or on the cusp of going to college they regress de-age him.

Incredible Member

Jason and Dick sharing common friends (Roy, Kory, Kyle, Donna) helps establishing Jason as closer to Dick's age.
    Dick, Jason, and Babs are all depicted as the young adults in the batfamily, who all graduated to be their own heroes outside of Bruce's shadow, while Tim, Cass, and Steph are still teenagers and trying to find themselves. In that sense, Jason is very lucky to escape their fate and be treated as more than a teenager.

Astonishing Member

To be fair, it was implied Tim gets an early entrance to the Ivy University because he is pretty smart.

If I'm not mistaken, in the same Detective run, it's mentioned he's 16.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's less an issue of whether he's closer to Dick in age and more an issue of Tim sometimes being portrayed as younger than he ought to be.
    But when he is teamed up with Dick or characters of his generation there is never really given any indication about how big the age gap between them.

If we go by the pre flashpoint time line Jason was iirc 3 years younger than Beast Boy, who was him self about 4 years younger than the rest of the Titans, and few month younger than Cassandra Cain.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If we go by the pre flashpoint time line Jason was iirc 3 years younger than Beast Boy, who was him self about 4 years younger than the rest of the Titans, and few month younger than Cassandra Cain.
    Honestly, Jason being portrayed as closer in age to Dick started before Flashpoint. That's why we have that story where Jason interacts with Donna and Kyle.