Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

THE JOKER: THE MAN WHO STOPPED LAUGHING #9

Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG

Art and cover by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO

Backup art by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

Variant covers by LEE BERMEJO and CHRISTIAN WARD

1:25 variant cover by CHOKOO!

$5.99 US | 40 pages | (all covers are card stock)

ON SALE 6/6/23

What’s big and scary and lives in the sewers? In Gotham City, a lot of things. But the Joker is going to war with the biggest scariest of them all—Killer Croc! Plus, Red Hood is being set up to take a fall at Blackgate Prison…and his only hope of survival may just be someone from his past.
    Crap, I thought Jason was free from Rosemberg.

Extraordinary Member

Last time Jason was in Black Gate, it wasn't his survival that was in danger, and not even Waller was able to hold him and the other Outlaws in his last run...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Last time Jason was in Black Gate, it wasn't his survival that was in danger, and not even Waller was able to hold him and the other Outlaws in his last run...
    He was also redheaded and portrayed as a psychopath.

...I miss Rebirth Outlaws. The webcomic isn't bad, and has gone all in on Jason and Artemis as a couple, but seeing it in the mainline is the best.

Oh great, Jason is back in prison. Joy .

Thinking on the webtoon, I'm wondering how I'm supposed to feel about the fact that it was all a simulation although it did address some of the moral issues I had with how the team handled things (like letting Mirror Master get what he wanted).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    He was also redheaded and portrayed as a psychopath.
    True, but in the end of the day getting out of Prison, or escaping from the Police should not really be much of a challenge for him.

Is unreal how bad the writing on the webtoon has become in just a few chapters. The art has also got worse but to the same degree of thee writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Is unreal how bad the writing on the webtoon has become in just a few chapters. The art has also got worse but to the same degree of thee writing.
    Especially when everything that happened in the first half...didn't happen.

And the sudden jump from the space station to a cabin.

Though, it does seem this is actually touching upon Artemis' past, whereas the Rebirth series never actually got to that reveal for Jason.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like Jason will have at leasta small appearance in one of the final episodes of Titans.

That small bit of Tim and Jason interacting only highlights how badly miscast Jason was in this. Well, he was awfully handled in every possible way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That small bit of Tim and Jason interacting only highlights how badly miscast Jason was in this. Well, he was awfully handled in every possible way.
    That's the issue with Dawson Casting.

The actor for Jason was casting for the role of Robin, so it makes sense they wanted a young looking actor. However, this became a problem when they want to use Red Hood.

Yeah, nothing against the guy, who did great with what he was given as Robin, tiring as that interpretation of Jason might be. However, you need a big enough guy, comparable to a Batman actor in both height and especially build, to pull off Red Hood.

Not too confident about Gunn's DCU including Jason, but I wonder what actor could play him. The Jensen Ackles dream is obviously more than dead (and I wouldn't be super shocked if he was in the shortlist for Bruce in the new DCU lol).

It's weird to see Jason mentoring Tim when they look the same age.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Not too confident about Gunn's DCU including Jason, but I wonder what actor could play him.
    If we are talking about Jason as Red Hood you would ideally need an actor who still looks like he is 18 to 20, but has the physic that he looks like he could actually go up against Batman.

So it kind of depends whom they cast as Batman, I mean appart from Ben Affleck most of Batman Actors we had sofar physically impressive.

But since most male "teen" actors tend to be relatively small and/or slim I can't really think of a current one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird to see Jason mentoring Tim when they look the same age.
    I still think that based on the comics they should actually pretty close in age.