Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

I don't mind street level heroics but I became more fond of scifi/supernatural themes in recent years. So something like Ram V's run on Detective Comics would be good for Jason.

I love urban fantasy and old pulps and Constantine is one of my most liked characters. And I think that very problematic moment was already owerwritten by the actual version of the all-caste training. So you can guess I'm in the Yes, use that All-Caste/mystic elements or background again now and then camp. For what's worth, throw Jason into a cosmic horror adventure. Something in the softer side, like the dreamland circle. He could survive that. And I bet there're plenty of talented artists who can write and draw cosmic horror.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-05-2023 at 05:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    This is such a weird video, for a guy that is supposed to be a Red Hood fan (going so far as to have the red bat tattooed on his arm) he comes off as his knowledge of Jason comes off from glancing at his wiki page one afternoon and calling a day since the gets the timelines wrong, he buys the narrative that Jason was always a bad Robin and unpopular, completely mixes up the storylines...and yet, he nails the biggest problem Jason has: DC just doesn't know what to do with the character. Although I guess that is more a testament to how badly the Batman office is being run nowadays.

EDIT:

I stumbled upon the portafolio of WB Montreal staff and some very interesting concept art for Gotham Knights. This one, in particular, caught my eye

This one is titled as "Various explorations" I don't know if is scrapped ideas for costumes or just character studies but I find it interesting how they worked on essentially all the major costumes from the comics.
    Yeah that video is weird, the guy not only calls himself a fan of Redhood...but his channel name is comicstorian which I'm guessing is comic historian? If so, the fact that he gets so much wrong is doubly weird.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I love urban fantasy and old pulps and Constantine is one of my most liked characters. And I think that very problematic moment was already owerwritten by the actual version of the all-caste training. So you can guess I'm in the Yes, use that All-Caste/mystic elements or background again now and then camp. For what's worth, throw Jason into a cosmic horror adventure. Something in the softer side, like the dreamland circle. He could survive that. And I bet there're plenty of talented artists who can write and draw cosmic horror.
    Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrento would be a good fit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm on the same page as these guys. Jason's all-caste training is a cool hook and I wish they did more with it.

She planned to and Jason was a test run. So you could have Damian attempt All-caste training in a future solo.
    If someone remembers all caste it just has to be incorporated into the world

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Maybe she has and it didn't work?

It was said that Jason was the only mortal who was able to to become an All-Caste member, Talia was iirc trained by them herself but wasn't able to learn their techniques.
    Yeah the All Caste seem to have a very exclusive membership.

If I'm remembering right, that moment was from new52 rhato issue 25, where Jason was able to perform a special mystical/magic move that even Talia couldn't manage, and I guess this was later used as a partial reason for why Talia knew Jason could be trained by the All Caste, even if she couldn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    If I'm remembering right, that moment was from new52 rhato issue 25, where Jason was able to perform a special mystical/magic move that even Talia couldn't manage, and I guess this was later used as a partial reason for why Talia knew Jason could be trained by the All Caste, even if she couldn't.
    That's why I think other Batfamily members (including Damian or Cassandra) also couldn't.

You this also gives Talia an additional reason to resurrect Jason, but unfortunately they have never really done much with it, and most writers completely ignore it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That's why I think other Batfamily members (including Damian or Cassandra) also couldn't.

You this also gives Talia an additional reason to resurrect Jason, but unfortunately they have never really done much with it, and most writers completely ignore it.
    mythical training wasn't too well received in Gotham knights

Pretty sure that was more so mario jumps being the issue, not so much that it had to do with mysticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah I second that, some Cosmic horror would be pretty neat for Jason

Pretty sure that was more so mario jumps being the issue, not so much that it had to do with mysticism.
    Yep. And that "mysticism jump" being attributed to the Lazarus Pits, even more so.

Extraordinary Member

I think the All-Blades would have been more popular.

It was most of the complains. That, and the slow paced fighting style, at least as far as I've seen.

Mario jump was kind of clumsy and also looked pretty out of place overall. Can't say people had the same problem with any of the other weird unreallistic stuff the game had working lorewise.

And Jason's animation were just too slow.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-05-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Since I’m writing more now, I must say that creating new characters and writing scenes with them interacting with Batman and The Red Hood has been very fun. There’s one scene in my upcoming Red Hood, Batman & The Hill miniseries, which features a new female character going toe to toe with Bruce Wayne that I’m very proud of and can’t wait for fans to read.
    Could be the mini's title?

Source: https://www.thepopverse.com/shawn-ma...tman-judge-kim

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It's a bit wordy as a title but I'm curious how it goes.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-06-2023 at 03:07 PM.