Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'd actually hate that. Biologically forcing Jason into submission to be bat sidekick number 15 would be an atrocious idea.
    It does seem in line with Zdarsky's take on Jason since it basically is a rehash of Cheer.

Also for further context, Catwoman 58 also seems to delve into the aftermath of the brainwashing

Every general puts their plans into play as Selina Kyle’s cat’s cradle threatens to pull the city apart. Red Hood, fundamentally changed, struggles to find his new role in this broken city. Claws fly, secrets are told, and hearts are on the line in the penultimate chapter of the Gotham War event.

And the end one shot, does seem to imply the Batfamily will band together against Vandal...making the whole conflict pointless.

The final chapter of this epic crossover is here, and Batman and his family must find a way to overcome the endgame of an ancient enemy! Can the Bat and the Cat set their differences aside? Is this the end of the Bat-Family? Lives change forever in this action-packed conclusion!

The Red Hood & Nightwing story in the Ghouls anthology was just 10 pages long and ends in a cliffhanger but is the most fun I've had reading a comic with Jason since RHATO ended. Christopher Sean has a pretty good grasp of the characters' voices, very impressive for his first time writing comics.

No pointless conflict, no angst, Jason isn't treated like a dumbass nor is an impulsive ball of rage. Plus Dexter back on art duties and the classic costume instead of the MK abomination, what is to not love?

Extraordinary Member

Is jason role in Joker over now, since he cannot function anymore, and rose will take over?

Not that it matters much with Joker ending in the next issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Not that it matters much with Joker ending in the next issue.
    Yea but it be nice if he could finish what he started

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yea but it be nice if he could finish what he started
    He didn't start absolutely nothing. The whole time he has been in Joker he has been the equivalent of Wily Coyote trying to catch the roadrunner, just trying over and over to catch him just to be outsmarted every single time.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'd actually hate that. Biologically forcing Jason into submission to be bat sidekick number 15 would be an atrocious idea.
    Exactly. Just have him overcome it, and realize he needs to distance himself from the Batman.

Hell, use the random insertion of Savage and his daughter to bring back the All-Caste and the League of Assassins. Have him become the head of the League to take down the immortal demon that is Vandal Savage.

Hell, even having Jason join the Suicide Squad is better at this point. Just keep them out of Gotham, and at least he would be going on interesting missions potentially. Make in an ongoing DC Black comic.

I'm absolutely disconnected from comics these days. What do I need to read to know what the heck they did to Jason in this event now? Just so I can keep track of his status for the next story he'll have a main role, in the eventual case it's a good one.

Edit: nevermind, I've found what I need.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-03-2023 at 04:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Hell, use the random insertion of Savage and his daughter to bring back the All-Caste and the League of Assassins. Have him become the head of the League to take down the immortal demon that is Vandal Savage.
    I was allways wondering if the All Caste training works against Savage (and some other villains like Brother Blood, or Deacon Blackfire).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I was allways wondering if the All Caste training works against Savage (and some other villains like Brother Blood, or Deacon Blackfire).
    Savage, hard to say. As his immortality is from a meteorite. Brother Blood and Blackfire though, especially with weapons like the All-Blades, I imagine would be prime targets of the All Caste.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Jason would make a valuable member of Justice League Dark if his All-Caste background was acknowledged outside of his own series.

The Halloween story was weirdly inconclusive and it did have Jason and Dick deciding to team up to find why people are suddenly turning into monsters so hopefully it will lead to something?

Mighty Member

How canon is this?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    How canon is this?
    As far as anthology stories go? I don't think there's any reason it can't be canon even if Jason's using an old (and better) costume.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Savage, hard to say. As his immortality is from a meteorite. Brother Blood and Blackfire though, especially with weapons like the All-Blades, I imagine would be prime targets of the All Caste.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Jason would make a valuable member of Justice League Dark if his All-Caste background was acknowledged outside of his own series.
    Jason and magic was near unanimously panned with Gotham Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jason and magic was near unanimously panned with Gotham Knights
    The only negativity I ever saw in that regard was due to the traversing, which was fair enough since using 'soul magic' to jump was a weird gimmick, but beyond that I certainly don't recall any other negative reception towards the magic use.

The ACTUAL most 'unanimously panned' aspect about Jason in Gotham Knights seemed to be in regards to people being upset he wasn't 'hot enough' to their liking.