Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

KNIGHT TERRORS: ROBIN #2
    Written by KENNY PORTER
    Art by MIGUEL MENDONÇA
    Cover by IVAN REIS
    Variant covers by JAMES STOKOE and LIAM SHARP
    1:25 variant cover by SAM WOLFE CONNELLY
    1:50 variant cover by JORGE CORONA
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 2 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/8/23
    The undynamic duo of Tim Drake and Jason Todd are on death’s door. Lost in their own personal hells with their worst nightmares around every corner and nowhere to run, the two Robins must put aside their differences and find the strength to overcome their fears and fight back.
    This sounds horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    This sounds horrible
    Yeah.
    Sounds like a fic I wouldn't read, honestly. Not very promising.

Batman/Catwoman: The Gotham War features a new two issue Red Hood Miniseries from writer Matthew Rosenberg and artist Nikola Čižmešija.

https://www.cbr.com/batman-vs-catwom...ampaign=CBR-TW

Last edited by RedBird; 05-26-2023 at 09:55 AM.

You guys can not get rid of the MK suit and the crow bars, huh?
    He is using this costume for how long, now?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You guys can not get rid of the MK suit and the crow bars, huh?
    He is using this costume for how long, now?
    Too long.

But no surprise, DC doesn't care about Jason or his fans, what else is new.

Oh c'mon, Rosenberg again!?

He really doesn't know any other story to tell than "Jason and Bruce butt heads"

EDIT: Looking at the tweet for the CBR article, at least more and more people are showing their disgust at the current state Jason is in.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 05-26-2023 at 11:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Oh c'mon, Rosenberg again!?
    Kind of my feelings with almost all current writers on the Batfamily books ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Kind of my feelings with almost all current writers on the Batfamily books ...
    I don't disagree but also, what batfamily books?

Dick seems to be the only character thriving nowadays with multiple titles, and sure Damian is getting a BNR book soon but outside of that, the rest of the family is kind of in a rut right now. Jasons continues to suffer under DCs refusal to give him any sort of plan, Babs went from being solo material to now just following Nightwing and being everyone's tech support, Tim's book was a disaster that couldn't even make it to 12 issues, the Batgirls book is ending and Cass is being regulated to a side character in someone else's title while Steph is now just falling to the wayside. Outside members like Kate, Luke etc are generally lucky to show up in one shots or cameos, though given the current state of things, it looks like cameos and one shots are all that the main batfamily will have to look forward to as well for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Dick seems to be the only character thriving nowadays with multiple titles, and sure Damian is getting a BNR book soon but outside of that, the rest of the family is kind of in a rut right now. Jasons continues to suffer under DCs refusal to give him any sort of plan, Babs went from being solo material to now just following Nightwing and being everyone's tech support, Tim's book was a disaster that couldn't even make it to 12 issues, the Batgirls book is ending and Cass is being regulated to a side character in someone else's title while Steph is now just falling to the wayside. Outside members like Kate, Luke etc are generally lucky to show up in one shots or cameos, though given the current state of things, it looks like cameos and one shots are all that the main batfamily will have to look forward to as well for the time being.
    And we've got Tini Howard writing all the morally ambiguous women to...inconsistent effect.

Extraordinary Member

Catwoman, Batgirls and the Tim Drake Robin book, ok two them are ending but the final issue isn't out yet.

I have also my problems with the Nightwing book, but it is still far better than the rest.
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-26-2023 at 11:44 PM.

So looking at the list of titles for this crossover; Batman/Catwoman: The Gotham War Battle Lines #1, Batman #137 & #138, Catwoman #57 & #58, Batman/Catwoman: The Gotham War: Red Hood #1 & #2, and Batman/Catwoman: The Gotham War Scorched Earth #1.

Is that it? No additional Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, or Robin one shots etc? It's not that I'm saying there should be, (the shorter the crossover the better) I'm just surprised since it makes the inclusion of a Red Hood mini THAT much more confusing. He doesn't even have his own title, what does Jason have to do with this all of a sudden? What's even the purpose of shoving him in between a BatCat feud, if this had been any other character I would have thought it was a platform to showcase the character in preparation for a new title but we know that's not the case, so what gives, this feels so random.
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-27-2023 at 04:29 AM.

So looking at the list of titles for this crossover; Batman/Catwoman: The Gotham War Battle Lines #1, Batman #137 & #138, Catwoman #57 & #58, Batman/Catwoman: The Gotham War: Red Hood #1 & #2, and Batman/Catwoman: The Gotham War Scorched Earth #1.

Is that it? No additional Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, or Robin one shots etc? It's not that I'm saying there should be, (the shorter the crossover the better) I'm just surprised since it makes the inclusion of a Red Hood mini THAT much more confusing. He doesn't even have his own title, what does Jason have to do with this all of a sudden? What's even the purpose of shoving him in between a BatCat feud, if this had been any other character I would have thought it was a platform to showcase the character in preparation for a new title but we know that's not the case, so what gives, this feels so random.
    Honestly I think it's better that they leave out everybody else because I don't expect this to be good.

I just wish Jason didn't have to deal with this either.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think it's better that they leave out everybody else because I don't expect this to be good.

I just wish Jason didn't have to deal with this either.
    I don't disagree, I'm not saying everyone else should be there, but that just adds to the confusion. Jason has had zero presence in either Batman's or Catwoman's book for this to be built up upon and he generally has barely any presence in DC these days, just wondering why he is being singled out all of a sudden.

Now you have me worried that this will lead to an RH series written by Rosenberg.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It's definitely interesting that (for now) only Jason is getting a Gotham War tie-in. It could mean that DC finally has some plan/push in store for Jason or it could lead absolutely nowhere.

Also, it's kinda nuts to think about how drastically the Batfam book slate has changed in the last few years. They went from a bunch of them constantly having a book (be it team, solo,mini, etc) to just a small handful while the rest exist via the occasional cameo.