Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    From what Martinbrough has said on Twitter, they are using the MK costume because this is supposed to be a direct sequel of his issues in RHATO, effectively turning this mini into an inventory one and muddling its place in the continuity. If nothing else, it means we won't have to deal with the GW/Joker bullshit
    The original Hills run wasn't terrible, but it wasn't like it was high tier. But still a step up from where he's been since that run.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I would rather we have gotten a miniseries dealing with the fallout of gotham war and everything jason has been up to in task force z/joker. This new series just feels very random and makes it seem like DC has no clue what they are doing with jason.

Also, is batman the hill a famous story? I've been read bat books for a decade and had to google this one.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Reddit found an old interview with Winnick just before the N52 happened and jeez, the way he sees Jason is pretty bad.

I get some people don't like Jason being on good terms with his brothers but Winnick's vision makes him look like a petty *******, i really need to pick the deluxe version of URTH to see if Winnick has changed his mind about Jason since.

Reddit found an old interview with Winnick just before the N52 happened and jeez, the way he sees Jason is pretty bad.

I get some people don't like Jason being on good terms with his brothers but Winnick's vision makes him look like a petty *******, i really need to pick the deluxe version of URTH to see if Winnick has changed his mind about Jason since.
    This doesn't surprise me coming from Winnick.

That's why I am baffled at so many people saying that he should be the only one writing Jason. Don't get me wrong, he deserves credit for reinventing him as the Red Hood but his view is extremely limited and he never fully understood why Jason resonated with so many people.

Can't say the premise or the fact that it'll be self-contained (and Jason will continue tumbling around afterwards) hype me that much, but at least it'll likely be a better read than most recent things (and perhaps since the first half of Rebirth). So I'll be tuned for sure, I enjoyed 51 and 52.

I just wish DC actually had a direction for the character and an outlet to let it out, although him not having an ongoing might be a blessing in disguise.

As for that Winnick interview, maybe I'm excusing him too much, but if it happened not that long after UtRH (still Jason's best story by far imo) or Morrison's run, I guess I can understand his point of view. However, him being a psycho with few redeeming qualities is just boring and a disservice to one of the best things about Lobdell's run, even in that mediocre ass N52 one. Him starting out like that after his return and maybe for a few years? Sure, but his complicated, yet ultimately loving, relationship with his brothers is way more compelling. Rebirth (its first half at least) was great among other reasons because of that. That annual in the circus with Dick was great.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 11-12-2023 at 04:19 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m fine with that being UTRH era Jason’s feelings on his brothers but I absolutely wouldn’t want that to be how he views them today.

Yeah, been about 20 years since UtRH came out. And Jason's time in canon was, not great during that time (to put it mildly). But Winnick did do a special on Jason not long ago that hit right in the feels. It was about a watch Jason fiddled around with during his Robin years, and finally repaired and gave it to Bruce sometime during the UtRH era. It was a touching story, really. With a funny fan art of Jason asking Talia about getting trained to repair watches, loll.

Sanford Green posted the character sheets of Jason on Instagram

Thankfully, no streak.

Finished variant cover with werewolf Jason in Beast Planet Gotham

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, been about 20 years since UtRH came out. And Jason's time in canon was, not great during that time (to put it mildly). But Winnick did do a special on Jason not long ago that hit right in the feels. It was about a watch Jason fiddled around with during his Robin years, and finally repaired and gave it to Bruce sometime during the UtRH era. It was a touching story, really. With a funny fan art of Jason asking Talia about getting trained to repair watches, loll.
    What was it called exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    What was it called exactly.
    It was for the Robin 80th anniversary anthology. Personally, I thought it was just cheap emotional manipulation

It was for the Robin 80th anniversary anthology. Personally, I thought it was just cheap emotional manipulation
    Yeah! Nice artwork, though...

Solicits are out

RED HOOD: THE HILL #1
    Written by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
    Art by SANFORD GREENE
    Cover by SANFORD GREENE
    Variant cover by TIRSO CONS
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 2/13/24
    Welcome to the Hill—formerly one of Gotham’s most dangerous suburbs—a place that required its residents to band together to keep themselves safe when the police, and sometimes even Batman, wouldn’t. Now, as the Hill
    finds itself gentrifying, old habits die hard as the vigilante known only as Strike works with her team to keep the town safe—but she’s not alone. Jason Todd, one of the Hill’s newest residents, is more than happy to don the visage of Red Hood to help Strike keep his new home safe. But a new villain is emerging from the shadows. Will Red Hood, Strike and the Hill’s small militia of vigilantes be able to keep their home safe? Check out Red Hood’s return to find out!

RED HOOD: THE HILL #0
    Written by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
    Art by TONY AKINS and MORITAT
    Cover by SANFORD GREENE
    $3.99 US | 48 pages
    ON SALE 2/6/24
    Before you embark on Red Hood’s newest adventure in the Hill, experience the story that introduced Jason to his new home! As The Joker War ravages Gotham, a new vigilante group has formed to protect their turf, and Red Hood finds himself caught in the crossfire! This thrilling tale collects Red Hood: Outlaw #51 and #52, and is essential reading to get you ready for all hell to come to the Hill in Red Hood: The Hill!

Jason has a small appearance in the Godzilla/King Kong Crossover working together with the family to contain the bat titan attacking Gotham, but he is once again, written as the impulsive "I know better" guy that fucks everything up and goes down in one punch.

Sigh.

At least he is jobbing on the MK suit and not the classic costume, I guess.