Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Pretty sure no one wants to read about the lead character being turned into a villain and being ineffectual against everything.
    I think that movie made almost a billion dollars

I think this one is gonna live on in infamy, this is truly joining the list as one of the worst things Bruce has ever done to Jason now.
    This is beyond even a botched lobotomy, biologically altering someone's brain like this is twisted and torturous, Bruce doing this to an enemy would have still been seen as barbaric.
    Fear causes adrenaline, having fear being induced by adrenaline would mean that Jasons now completely stuck in a feedback loop of constant fear. He is completely immobilized, and would most likely die from his heart finally giving out from the continuous strain.

Taking bets now on how likely you think this will all be completely swept under the rug (regardless of whether or not Jason is cured by the end.)

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I think this one is gonna live on in infamy, this is truly joining the list as one of the worst things Bruce has ever done to Jason now.
    This is beyond even a botched lobotomy, biologically altering someone's brain like this is twisted and torturous, Bruce doing this to an enemy would have still been seen as barbaric.
    Fear causes adrenaline, having fear being induced by adrenaline would mean that Jasons now completely stuck in a feedback loop of constant fear. He is completely immobilized, and would most likely die from his heart finally giving out from the continuous strain.

Taking bets now on how likely you think this will all be completely swept under the rug (regardless of whether or not Jason is cured by the end.)
    At the way this story is going? It will be ignored by both Rosenberg and Howard on their respective issues.

Eh, putting the Outlaws in a virtual simulation for months just to be an ******* is pretty much in the same tier as brainwashing people to fix them.
    Yeah, that part was a head scratcher, and them jumping all over the place with the story. But the overall characterization is far better than what the main series does. Hell, White Knight, for its out of left field story turns throughout, has overall done a better job too.

At least the Ghouls anthology is out this week and it seems we will get a dose of classic Jason in it. I really need that.

DC's Ghouls just wanna have fun be out next week! Check it.

Red Hood Outlaws will get a physical release after all, probably will be solicited this month. In the meantime, a low-quality pic of the volume 1 cover leaked.

Red Hood Outlaws will get a physical release after all, probably will be solicited this month. In the meantime, a low-quality pic of the volume 1 cover leaked.

Nice cover, if nothing else.

You know what, I genuinely don't think Jason is gonna truly recover from this deranged botched lobotomy, and I know damn well he ain't gonna have any sort of uplifting moment where he somehow overcomes it. It feels like DC writers would rather chew their own arm off than allow any sort of win for Jason. I reckon he's gonna die from it, or kill himself, or Bruce will kill him instead. And then it will be swept under the rug anyway cause Lord forbid Batman ever deal with fallout that doesn't directly effect him. Either way, it's gonna be a s#!tshow

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    You know what, I genuinely don't think Jason is gonna truly recover from this deranged botched lobotomy, and I know damn well he ain't gonna have any sort of uplifting moment where he somehow overcomes it. It feels like DC writers would rather chew their own arm off than allow any sort of win for Jason. I reckon he's gonna die from it, or kill himself, or Bruce will kill him instead. And then it will be swept under the rug anyway cause Lord forbid Batman ever deal with fallout that doesn't directly effect him. Either way, it's gonna be a s#!tshow

At the very least I don't trust current writers to handle it well.

Solicits already spoiled that he will live through this and somehow turn it into a positive.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't think the brainwashing will be a long term thing either way, but I do think Jason stops working with Brcue for a while after this even if it is Zur who did it.

Solicits already spoiled that he will live through this and somehow turn it into a positive.
    which solcit?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think the brainwashing will be a long term thing either way, but I do think Jason stops working with Brcue for a while after this even if it is Zur who did it.

which solcit?
    The Gotham War - Red Hood #2 'JASON TODD PREPARES FOR BATTLE! Batman's plan for Jason Todd backfires…but in a good way? The Red Hood prepares for the final battle of the Gotham War…but what will he have left when the dust settles?!'

Going from past experiences, DC solicitations definition of 'positive' doesn't give me any reassurance.

If more competent writers were in charge, I can see them using this as a means to make Jason stop with the lethal force for good.

If more competent writers were in charge, I can see them using this as a means to make Jason stop with the lethal force for good.
    I'd actually hate that. Biologically forcing Jason into submission to be bat sidekick number 15 would be an atrocious idea.

Extraordinary Member

So his Oracle moment is coming