Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The Halloween story was weirdly inconclusive and it did have Jason and Dick deciding to team up to find why people are suddenly turning into monsters so hopefully it will lead to something?
    I would have really liked for this to continue. I loved that Sean had Jason come up with a collection of supernatural antidotes, the implication being that he comes across and investigates these kinds of things regularly, in general I'd love to see more supernatural/mystical/magical/paranormal stories with Jason.

That said, sadly I'm doubtful this is continuing, despite the weird coincidence that Jason will seemingly be turned into a werewolf or wolf like creature in an upcoming event.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, fingers crossed.

I just want anyone else but Rosenberg and Zdardsky to write Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Martinbrough's Twitter
    Just got an update on the release of this six part sequel from
    @DCOfficial. I appreciate everyone's patience & can't wait to share! Early #2024 #writing
    https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...47686601875694

I'll take anything at this point, even if it's a six-part issue 3 months away at minimum.

As expected (it might have been mentioned in the past, don't remember), it'll be a sequel to his Hill arc. Considering how little DC cares about, well, anything, I wonder if he could sneak in a classic outfit even if it doesn't fit whatever inconsistent timeline this mini will be set during.

Also, just found out about the whole brainwashing thing lol. I don't think that'll be for the long-term, but even then, this is so shaky that I don't think it'll affect whatever Martinbrough has written, especially since his mini might well be set prior to Gotham War.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 10-06-2023 at 05:54 AM.

On one hand, I'm glad we finally have a time frame, on the other, is going to be awkward to read a Bruce/Jason team-up after Gotham War.

Awkward? the timing for this mini is atrocious, it's honestly the worst time to have a Batman Red Hood team up.
    'Shockingly' DC, I have no interest in seeing Bruce and Jason being chummy with each other directly after this betrayal.

DC will finally print the alternate version of DITF where Jason lives as a "Fauxsimile" edition this December

Now, fans will get a glimpse at the actual unpublished alternate ending created by Batman's then creative team of writer Jim Starlin, artist Jim Aparo, colorist Adrienne Roy, inker Mike DeCarlo, and letterer John Costanza.

Batman #428 'Faux-simile' edition goes on sale December 12.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-is-goi...-todd-to-live/

DC will finally print the alternate version of DITF where Jason lives as a "Fauxsimile" edition this December

Well, that's nice.

Via Bleeding Cool

Bleeding Cool got some gossip from the bar scene of New York Comic Con, regarding upcoming Batman comic book titles. One of a number of major changes we heard, but one that stuck out, was that we were getting a death of a Robin at the end of the Gotham War crossover. A heroic sacrifice from Jason Todd, the Red Hood that would end in his death. I asked around and it seems that, while there is some justification around the edges, and on the pages, it's not true.
    Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that's nice.
    Sounds wonderful, Frontier! Can't wait...

I wonder if this is just a reprint of those few pages that the recent DITF edition had or if this is some kind of more complete story and ACTUAL unreleased pages. At the very least, it better not be an update written in the present.

Via Bleeding Cool

Jesus Christ
    Hang on, I'm just a bit confused, is this quote implying that he is going to die, that he's not and it's just a rumour or that he WAS planned to die in GW but that things changed?
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-16-2023 at 11:53 AM.

He was intended to die but the idea was shut down by editorial.

I already made a post before theorising (and lamenting) that Jason might die again soon, what made me suspicious was some of the foreshadowing all through out Gotham War so this news makes sense.
    Although, with this updated release of DITF and the fact that the upcoming mini series for him will most likely be placed BEFORE Gotham War i.e. not a current story that needs him to be around in the present time, it is kind of adding more weight to that idea of it being true. I wonder how far along this idea went before it was backtracked (if that indeed is what happened).

Well, we know he's turning into a werewolf for Beast Planet

Well, we know he's turning into a werewolf for Beast Planet
    True but who knows when the beast world event is occurring in continuity, that could still be pre Gotham War for all we know.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe he dies and they use Vadals stone to bring him back.