Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. They are vigilantes that, like what Jason is known for, are not afraid to kill the baddies.
    Red Hood would try and investigate them as they give him the slip in their last encounter.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

You guys want Jason as antagonist again after the mess that was Joker?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I didn't read Joker and I'm just spitballing ideas. Jason starting out as an antagonist makes sense after their initial encounter. But he could also join them as a new member.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2023 at 04:49 AM.

I don't.
    And I don't even care about how he did in Joker.
    I just don't.
    I'm tired of Jason being the antagonist to prop and make other characters cooler or better or smarter.

But of course, fans of bigger characters are the ones who get their character to shine. Which, of course, they're perfectly fine with it.

Like I said before, I'm out of DC. I'm tired of them pulling comics I'm not interested in at all. If it were just Jason. But it's not. Ever smaller character I'm invested in is just forgotten in a forever limbo, or used for the sake of the big characters.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-19-2023 at 06:08 AM.

Jason joining Batman Incorporated would be cool. He feels like a better fit than Ghostmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Jason joining Batman Incorporated would be cool. He feels like a better fit than Ghostmaker.
    As Red Hood or Wingman?

Anyway, Bat Cow should be the unquestioned leader of Batman Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    As Red Hood or Wingman?

Anyway, Bat Cow should be the unquestioned leader of Batman Inc.
    Probably Red Hood as it became his most consistent ID.

The new 52 could've explored him as Wingman further but it had a half assed approach to rebooting the DCU.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-19-2023 at 03:48 PM.

Jason as Red Hood while going through the trauma of what he did and was is always an interesting take on the character. I don't necessarily think Jason should be a "good guy" but remain an "anti-hero" which seems to be the best kind of spot for him. I do miss him and Artemis being a thing however it doesn't seem like DC is in any hurry to make that happen again. They already attempted to shoehorn him in with Barbara which..eww... hope they never revisit that again. But anyway, Jason had a pretty good characterization in the video game Arkham Knights, would like to see that touched on more in a comics form.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Jason as Red Hood while going through the trauma of what he did and was is always an interesting take on the character. I don't necessarily think Jason should be a "good guy" but remain an "anti-hero" which seems to be the best kind of spot for him. I do miss him and Artemis being a thing however it doesn't seem like DC is in any hurry to make that happen again. They already attempted to shoehorn him in with Barbara which..eww... hope they never revisit that again. But anyway, Jason had a pretty good characterization in the video game Arkham Knights, would like to see that touched on more in a comics form.
    Check the Red Hood and the Outlaws webtoon. Quite a bit of Jason x Artemis there (but not main universe).

Probably Red Hood as it became his most consistent ID.

The new 52 could've explored him as Wingman further but it had a half assed approach to rebooting the DCU.
    I know, right?! Personally, either Red Hood or WingMan would be fine with me...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Personally, either Red Hood or WingMan would be fine with me...

Exploring what if Jason didn't die and he became Wingman would've been interesting.

There's always the Multiverse.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That only would exacerbate the main problem Jason suffers these days, being stuck inside Bruce's shadow. Don't misunderstand me, I think Jason and Bruce should be on friendly terms and support each other but Jason needs to be allowed to spread his metaphorical wings by acting outside of Bruce's influence, having his own supporting casts and rogues instead of just existing as an extension of Bruce.

In other semi-related news, McFarlane announced a Titans-themed wave and just revealed Arsenal. This version comes with the hat and the arm tattoos, making him perfect to pair up with any of their previously released Red Hoods.

I think Starfire being part of the wave is very likely so we will be able to have the OG Outlaws in figure form again.

That only would exacerbate the main problem Jason suffers these days, being stuck inside Bruce's shadow. Don't misunderstand me, I think Jason and Bruce should be on friendly terms and support each other but Jason needs to be allowed to spread his metaphorical wings by acting outside of Bruce's influence, having his own supporting casts and rogues instead of just existing as an extension of Bruce.
    I just see it as the price of being a legacy. Often they are just extensions of their mentor and unlikely to a stray too far from their presence. Especially because marvel and DC have a very outdated view of the concept. So you can't avoid it forever. I just tried to list an option that played with it in an interesting way.

I don't mind him doing other things like joining a team of magic characters or tackling hub city's corruption. I also don't mind leaning to his connection with Bruce or the other Bat-Family members.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-20-2023 at 08:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Not shure if he would fit in Batman Inc. but I kind of have the feeeling that both Gothmaker and Clown Hunter are kind of infringing what shoudl be Jason's niche in the Batfamily.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not shure if he would fit in Batman Inc. but I kind of have the feeeling that both Gothmaker and Clown Hunter are kind of infringing what shoudl be Jason's niche in the Batfamily.
    That's similar to Duke and Tim so I guess they have to find a new one. Although Jason has a stronger hook in his red hood ID so him leaving the family is still viable as an option.

Although Ghostmaker feels more convincing as a villian than antihero so I rather just use him that way. Giving Ghostmaker control of Batman Incorporated felt forced so I'm fine with kicking him out.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-20-2023 at 08:31 AM.