Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Huh, so Jason will be on Batman #900. Good to know.
    I think the comment from Jimenez was implying that they were showcasing wip from another issue, not necessarily from issue #900 though I could be wrong, he may also show up there.

Huh, so Jason will be on Batman #900. Good to know.

Also, Williamson finally made good on the promise from Dark Crisis...kind of

spoilers:
    The lead Roy got from Jason was about Lian's whereabouts in Gotham, where he finally meet her in the opening pages of GA. So Jason fulfilled his promise to Roy and helped him to find Lian. I think is rushed and it would've given enough material for a whole mini on its own but I guess it was the only way Williamson could address that plot point.

I wonder how many people online will take offense at Jason being the one who brought Lian and Roy together and not Dick
    end of spoilers
    After that ending;
    spoilers:
    Roy just has to say the word, and Jason will gladly help find Lian, Conner, and Ollie. Even if it means confronting Waller about whatever it is.
    end of spoilers

Some art from Miguel Mendonça for the upcoming Knight Terror: Robin

https://twitter.com/Mikemaluk/status...68655848488960

Last edited by RedBird; 04-29-2023 at 03:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I wish that were his classic costume.

Man, I just have no idea what is the deal with the webtoon, they keep setting up potentially interesting scenarios just to solve them off-screen so they can keep having scenes of characters talking. And opposite speaking Bizarro is infuriating to read.

Man, I just have no idea what is the deal with the webtoon, they keep setting up potentially interesting scenarios just to solve them off-screen so they can keep having scenes of characters talking. And opposite speaking Bizarro is infuriating to read.
    Yeah. The disjointed stories are getting annoying. Even for me. And this is why I liked Rebirth Biz, he talked simply, rather than backwards.

Extraordinary Member

Oh man, this was such a pleasant surprise

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Oh wow. Wasn't sure we'd ever see that referenced again.

Huh, I could've sworn there was a DC comics ama where Williamson, upon being asked if it was Willis under the mask, or another mystery, had answered that it was indeed a mystery.

Either it was up in the air at the time before they settled on Willis, or perhaps the very bold 'yeah we already know' nature of this scene is meant to just be a red herring to sway the audience from questioning the identity since most already assume it's Willis, and that it actually is someone else entirely.

That said whilst I appreciate the acknowledgment of rhato rebirth, the whole story surrounding Willis was a big confusing mess that contradicted itself by the end and honestly could have been left behind with no fuss.

Oh man, this was such a pleasant surprise

Hilarious. I get the lack of shame of any kind regarding dramatics runs in the blood.
    I love that someone took and used a loose end of the second half of RHATO Rebirth's run. An honest surprise, and a good one.
    Now, if they can follow on that plot and explain / create stuff about how Willis's alive and working as Wingman...
    Something that could make for an actual story instead of facts here and there that confuse readers because of several rewritings that were most probably done.

Because.
    I do think it's Willis.
    Or someone related to him.
    Close to him.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-12-2023 at 01:22 PM.

This scene being just an elaborate red herring so people stop wondering who Wingman is, seems to be needlessly contrived and dumb compared to just taking it at face value.

And I don't think that whatever Williamson said before has a lot of weight when the writer and editorial team in charge of this book is different.

This scene being just an elaborate red herring so people stop wondering who Wingman is, seems to be needlessly contrived and dumb compared to just taking it at face value.
    I don't disagree, but let's not pretend that comics never have needlessly contrived and dumb plot points that go against logic and basic storytelling principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Because.
    I do think it's Willis.
    Or someone related to him.
    Close to him.
    Actually it would be interesting if it was Willis's brother, or even Jason Todd senior.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I feel like if they were going for a red herring, they’d go for a more recognizable name than Willis Todd. It’s not exactly a name that means well… anything to most people.