Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I feel like if they were going for a red herring, they’d go for a more recognizable name than Willis Todd. It’s not exactly a name that means well… anything to most people.
    If that was the case then it's all the more reason that the character of Wingman wouldn't be Willis, cause who gives a crap about that character anyway.

There's nothing that says a red herring has to be super recognizable, just has to distract and cease any questions for now, so that later down the line a writer can pull some kind of stupid twist about the real identity of the Wingman, maybe have him be some kind of traitor who was actually working behind the scenes trying to sabotage etc...

But anyway, assuming it is for sure Willis, I wonder if the writer will actually do anything with him, cause up till now he seems to be pretty underexposed in the book and is by far the most incompetent member of BI who's just cruising by.

Unless his incompetence is in and of itself a 'red herring' and Willis is gonna pull some Keyser Soze stunt.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    If that was the case then it's all the more reason that the character of Wingman wouldn't be Willis, cause who gives a crap about that character anyway.

There's nothing that says a red herring has to be super recognizable, just has to distract and cease any questions for now, so that later down the line a writer can pull some kind of stupid twist about the real identity of the Wingman, maybe have him be some kind of traitor who was actually working behind the scenes trying to sabotage etc...

But anyway, assuming it is for sure Willis, I wonder if the writer will actually do anything with him, cause up till now he seems to be pretty underexposed in the book and is by far the most incompetent member of BI who's just cruising by.

Unless his incompetence is in and of itself a 'red herring' and Willis is gonna pull some Keyser Soze stunt.
    You seem weirdly focused on looking for ways this guy isn't Willis no matter how contrived these can be.

And Willis being incompetent compared to the other BI members does make sense, he is just a random mook that somehow got a hold of the Wingman identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You seem weirdly focused on looking for ways this guy isn't Willis no matter how contrived these can be.

And Willis being incompetent compared to the other BI members does make sense, he is just a random mook that somehow got a hold of the Wingman identity.
    What are you talking about?
    I'm just explaining what a red herring is and how a red herring would work. I threw out two reasons for why this reveal conflicts with earlier information, that either this choice of Willis was decided later after the ama, or that if it was still a mystery that it was a red herring. Its not like I pulled this out of thin air, it was a major writer that confirmed it wasnt Willis initially, hence my second suggestion. And when Arsenal pointed out that willis wasnt popular enough for that to work, I just clarified in the case of a red herring that that wouldnt really matter, and gave an example.

I've already posted multiple times with the presumption that it is Willis, hence my earlier post expressing my disappointment that this particular 'Willis as wingman' thread was being picked up again, hence my boredom with the characters story so far, to which I didnt claim the incompetence didn't make sense, of course he is inexperienced, I pointed it out because all Willis has done in the book is cause trouble from his incompetence, thats literally it. Thats his entire character here. Is it to much to ask for a second personality trait besides 'useless'.

The rhato webtoon dropped another wholesome episode for anyone still following.

Though I'm not sure what the significance is with the tattoo being reversed.

I think he’s supposed to be looking at in the mirror - but if that is the case, both the R and the shoulder tattoo should reverse position on the body, not just orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I think he’s supposed to be looking at in the mirror - but if that is the case, both the R and the shoulder tattoo should reverse position on the body, not just orientation.
    That's what I initially assumed too, but it's not only the shoulder tattoo that isn't reversed, but also the earrings and facial scar, the only thing that's backwards is the R.

Extraordinary Member

There is an Black and White Elseworld batman Story by Dan Morra in "The Brave and the Bold" with Dick and Jason as cute little kids.

It was very cute, they didn't do much but still, Dick and Jason as lil kids by Dan Mora was worth the price of admission for me, though it felt like the story was kind of cut short, feels like it deserved a part two at least.

It was very cute, they didn't do much but still, Dick and Jason as lil kids by Dan Mora was worth the price of admission for me, though it felt like the story was kind of cut short, feels like it deserved a part two at least.
    Felt more line an introductory story for a whole new setting, actually.

Another Jason pin up by Nick Robles

https://twitter.com/ArtofNickRobles/...44873807437845

Follow the patreon link for an uncropped and colored in version, it appears to be free for viewing.
    Last edited by RedBird; 05-16-2023 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Felt more line an introductory story for a whole new setting, actually.
    Hmm, a story set in an alternate sci fi Gotham, also featuring Jason and presented in black and white? Gotham Future State 2 electric boogaloo.

But seriously were there any announcements for books spinning out of this series, cause I certainly wouldn't mind a Dan Mora Batman story with lil Dick and Jason tagging along.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That is one amazing Red Hood.

Extraordinary Member

But seriously were there any announcements for books spinning out of this series, cause I certainly wouldn't mind a Dan Mora Batman story with lil Dick and Jason tagging along.
    With them looking for their little brother
    (I guess Tim) there is at least allready a story set up to continue...

Hmm, a story set in an alternate sci fi Gotham, also featuring Jason and presented in black and white? Gotham Future State 2 electric boogaloo.

Yeah, I thought of FS:G too.
    Aaand no, to my knowledge there's none.