Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, if nothing else Gotham War will have pretty art

Bleeding Cool just spoiled who was "the person from his past" that busts Jason out of prison.

spoilers:
    Rose
    end of spoilers

Meh.

DC just keeps throwing Rose around. Poor character, since Johns got his hands on her the only good thing to happen to her has been Deathstroke by Priest. In the rest, her motivations simply jump from thing to thing. By the end of Dark Crisis I thought she would try to lead a more heroic life, even remembering the end of Deathstroke, after Hosun's death, but she already appeared killing in the last issue of Brave and the Bold.
    About Jason: When was he arrested? I remember he joined a zombie team after Batman gave him a new uniform as a reward for killing the drug dealer in Urban Legends.

Because he"killed" Joker, who was actually just Clayface so he didn't killed anyone but cheap drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Bleeding Cool just spoiled who was "the person from his past" that busts Jason out of prison.

spoilers:
    Rose
    end of spoilers

Meh.
    Williamson did hint to something between them during his run on Damian's Robin.

spoilers:
    Rose
    end of spoilers

Meh.
    To be fair, I don't think any answer to the question of 'who is rescuing Jason' would have been all that satisfying to begin with. I'm just surprised DC is keeping up this on and off thing between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    DC just keeps throwing Rose around. Poor character, since Johns got his hands on her the only good thing to happen to her has been Deathstroke by Priest. In the rest, her motivations simply jump from thing to thing. By the end of Dark Crisis I thought she would try to lead a more heroic life, even remembering the end of Deathstroke, after Hosun's death, but she already appeared killing in the last issue of Brave and the Bold.
    Eh, I never thought there was any major 'come to Jesus' moment for Rose in Priests work, I think the constant jumping around issue with her is that as a character, Rose in general has felt pretty defined by the men in her life, especially for the last decade or so, she only seems to appear when she needs to spur on or play support for a male character. She's Deathstrokes daughter, or she's Jason girlfriend/ex, or she's Damian big sister. It's not that she can't or shouldn't fulfill those roles it would just be nice to see her have her own thing going on once in a while. So, seeing her appear in a team like Stormwatch in BTBATB separate from everyone and also having her own Knight Terrors tie ins gives me some hope that she might be receiving more attention at least.
    Last edited by RedBird; 06-06-2023 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    To be fair, I don't think any answer to the question of 'who is rescuing Jason' would have been all that satisfying to begin with. I'm just surprised DC is keeping up this on and off thing between them.
    Roy, Crux, or Essence would've lived up to the hype.

What irritates me is how they keep pushing Rose and Jason without actually bothering on building up that relationship or in this case, showing why Rose is part of Jason's past. The most we've gotten was Lobdell's mentioning in passing that they had a one-night stand.

For all of Zdarsky flaws, it is nice to have a Batfamily dinner scene where Jason is finally included, although I wouldn't be surprised if is just Bruce tripping.

Joker on the other hand is just more of the same, with Jason showing up for 5 pages getting busted out of prison, at least it looks like the series is coming to an end.

When did Jason's white streak became canon? All of the sudden he has it now?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Artist interpretation?

Yeah, it randomly appeared in Joker The man who stopped laughing and has appeared since. But is not consistent, in Jason's appearance in Gotham Legends it was clear the streak was added after the pages were drawn and on the sketches of Jason posted by Jimenez there is no streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Artist interpretation?
    He has it in the Batman and Joker books.
    I looked up and Jorge Jimenez doesn't draw the streak in the WIP of Jason he shared on Twitter.

Kinda weird to let up to the artists to draw the streak or not, cause it's not something subtle, its very noticeably.

Yeah, it randomly appeared in Joker The man who stopped laughing and has appeared since. But is not consistent, in Jason's appearance in Gotham Legends it was clear the streak was added after the pages were drawn and on the sketches of Jason posted by Jimenez there is no streak.
    Maybe Jimenez will add after too.
    They should just decide if he has it or not, anyways.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I first noticed it in the Robins mini series and it had been on and off in books here and there, though now it seems to be more frequent than not.

Perhaps Rose is the one who convinces him to dye black his white streak.

Bruce and Jason's talk in Outlaws would've been a lot more effective if they didn't ruin Bruce's character in the first place with that idiotic twist about the simulation.