Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Jason Todd: Robin → Red Hood Appreciation 2023

"I died a hero. The crowbar can't explain why we don't see the world the same way."

(Task Force Z #8)

Jason Peter Todd was born and raised in the lower levels of Gotham City. A chance encounter with Batman led to his becoming the second Robin. A cruel prank by the Joker resulted in his resurrection under the appropriated mantle of Red Hood. Despite initial bouts with Batman and his family, the Red Hood came to be regarded as a staunch member of the superhero community. Whatever circumstances fate bestowed upon Jason Todd, it was clear that he would continuously strive to fight for the lives of the innocent.

Though he has a certain penchant for violence, Jason still finds moments of levity. His ability to verbally spar with his opponents calls back to his days as Robin, along with his serious hate for a certain Clown Prince of Crime. With a chip on his shoulder and a proclivity to seriously harm the worst of Gotham's villains, Jason's standing with the Bat-Family can tend to be uncertain. But whether or not he's fighting with the Outlaws or even Task Force Z, he can always be found rooting out the worst of the worst.

The history of Jason Peter Todd is marred by Editorial decisions. But the sum of these decisions have led to a character that we can all appreciate.

Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ

Current or Upcoming Appearances:
    • The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing, written by Matthew Rosenberg with art by Carmine Di Giandomenico
    • Batman: Beyond the White Knight, written/drawn by Sean Murphy (Part of the Batman: White Knight Elseworlds Universe)
    • Lazarus Planet: Next Evolution #1 (Oneshot), written by Ram V, Brandon T. Snider, Chuck Brown, and Delilah S. Dawson with art by Lalit Kumar, Laura Braga, Alitha Martinez and Mark Morales, and Ro and Stein
    • Batman: Legends of Gotham #1 (Oneshot), written by Andy Diggle with art by Karl Mostert
    • Red Hood: Outlaws (WEBTOON), written by Patrick R. Young with art by Nico Bascuñán
    • Batman: Wayne Family Adventures S2 (WEBTOON), written by CRC Payne with art by StarBite
    • Batman: Gotham Knights – Gilded City (Set in the titular game's universe), written by Evan Narcisse with art by ABEL
    • Minor appearance in Batman vs Robin #5.
    • Shawn Martinbrough upcoming 6 issues miniseries.

Recent Main Continuity Appearances:
    • Detective Comics (#1041-1043) backup - The Road to Task Force Z, written by Matthew Rosenberg with art by Darick Robertson
    • Task Force Z, written by Matthew Rosenberg with art by Eddy Barrows

Other Media:
    • Gotham Knights (Playable on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC)

Quick Reading Guide:

Step 1: Watch Batman: Under the Red Hood
    Step 2:
    • Read the Rebirth run of Red Hood and the Outlaws (renamed Red Hood: Outlaw with issue 27
    • and Red Hood with issue 51), trades:
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 1 - Dark Trinity
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 2 - Who is Artemis?
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 3 - Bizarro Reborn
    • Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 4 - Good Night Gotham
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol. 1 - Requiem for an Archer
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol. 2 - Prince of Gotham
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol. 3 - Generation Outlaw
    • Red Hood: Outlaw Vol. 4 - Unspoken Truths
    • Batman: Urban Legends Vol. 1
    • Task Force Z Vol. 1 - Death's Door

Old Threads:

Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight, Prince of Gotham Appreciation 2019
    Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight Appreciation 2020
    Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight Appreciation 2021
    Jason Todd: Robin, Red Hood, Arkham Knight Appreciation 2022

DC Forum Appreciation Thread Rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree(s) of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree(s) of this thread. No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ Ⓡ

While large portions of this thread are rewritten, credit goes to @Zaresh and @Sergard for the wonderful framework.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 01-02-2023 at 07:47 AM.

He was my favorite Robin back in the day. I'm hoping his time with Bizzaro and Artemis gets adapted as an animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He was my favorite Robin back in the day. I'm hoping his time with Bizzaro and Artemis gets adapted as an animated movie.
    I could see an adaptation of the WEBTOON stuff beliEVE it or not.

Happy new year to us Jason fans! I hope he'll get some great stories very soon

Happy New Year to Jason and his fans .

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Happy New Year guys, hopefully, we will finally see Martinbrough's book this year.

He finished the scripts so

He also retweeted this, oh, the irony of asking Jason to be his own hero instead of Red Hood while asking for that to be the Arkham Knight.

Thanks a ton, @Superboy-Prime. Wonderful wonderfun new starter ^_^.

And have a happy new year, you all .

Happy new year!

Hopefully this is a better one for the character.

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Jason Todd: The Red Hood

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Happy New Year to the Prodigal Son of Batman

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like that has a good chance of happening especially with how popular the Outlaws are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Happy New Year to the Prodigal Son of Batman

I feel like that has a good chance of happening especially with how popular the Outlaws are.
    The webtoon is certainly finding its niche.

Well, Joker is a terrible way for Jason to start the year. Just more of the same meaningless chase after Joker so he can slip away for plot reasons. Oh, and Joker's comment about the closet full with drugs was tasteless and awfully reminiscent of Daniels' attempt to add trauma to Jason's backstory during BTFC

And what do you know, Jason actually takes off the muzzle and the domino mask to blend with the crowd in this issue, why was it so hard for him to do it in the previous issue?

Fun chapter but Jason's emblem changing in every panel was distracting me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Fun chapter but Jason's emblem changing in every panel was distracting me.
    I didn't realize that, but I think Jason should use Rocket Launchers more often