Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849 LastLast

While I havent bought or read anything in years, I was wondering:

If Jason was to be freed from the bat office and became a world globetrotter(as he should be), what kind of headquarters would he have?

i personally like the idea of Kori lending him a small spaceship with touch ups by Arsenal. He could also do a stunt where he rides out of teh ship on a motorcycle. But I can alos accept he'd have a bunker somewhere. Batkids gotta bunker.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

RHATO already handled that perfectly, with Jason and Roy setting up shop on the crashed Tamarean ship on a island the middle of the caribbean or Jason having multiple safe houses all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Something like this would be really cool

I nailed how it would look. Except for the guns, of course.

Beast World Gotham was terrible, Jason is reduced to a literal blood thirsty beast that is going around mauling people and thinking about how bad he is and how he should've remained dead.

Mighty Member

Has anyone seen the alternate ending to Death in the Family? It looks like Jason was going to be written out either way.

Jason's story in Beast World Gotham had fantastic art at least.

Well I guess I'll see you guys around. Nothing keepin me in DC.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

If you have $30 to spare, you can preorder the limited edition Red Hood figure from Mcfarlane

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/261083

I want it, but it is preorder sold out at bbts... T_T
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Beast World Gotham was terrible, Jason is reduced to a literal blood thirsty beast that is going around mauling people and thinking about how bad he is and how he should've remained dead.
    To be fair, the 'should have stayed dead' inner thoughts are pretty in line with Jasons characterisation of the last few years, but the rest felt like a little much you know? As a short story about a werewolf with questions and self doubt, it was generally well written, but some of the ideas and themes didn't correlate with Jason. I could MAYBE buy these thoughts as being Jason's most negative and resentful emotions being brought to the forefront now that he has lost all humanity (literally) but in all honesty this felt like a story that was tacked onto a character rather than one shaped by them, ala Tom King style. Which makes sense given the writers lack of previous comic credits. I feel the same about Martinbrough and his initial two part story, part of me wonders if he actually understood what appealed fans to the character or if the story was just so inoffensive and bland that it didn't raise too many red flags. Kinda why I can't bring myself to muster much excitement for the new hill mini.

The art for this scavengers story was very nice though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Has anyone seen the alternate ending to Death in the Family? It looks like Jason was going to be written out either way.
    I read it and loved it. I wish it was the comic I had read about four decades ago.

He may not have been written out. He may have recovered...a different person. (He was a 'Flying Todd' before COIE...so stranger things have happened.)

Although unlikely, Jason could have gotten powers from a near death experience. I would vote for a mild healing power.

March solicits are out

RED HOOD: THE HILL #2
    Written by SHAWN MARTINBROUGH
    Art by SANFORD GREENE
    Cover by SANFORD GREENE
    Variant cover by RILEY ROSSMO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/12/24
    Jason Todd (a.k.a. Red Hood) and Dana Harlowe (a.k.a. Strike) find their relationship strained in more ways than one. While in costume, Red Hood—as well as other members of The Watch—urges Strike to give up the vigilante life, and in their civilian lives, seeds of jealousy begin to drive a wedge between Jason and one of his oldest friends. Meanwhile, Demetrius Korlee Jr. and the villain known only as Suluku both have their own sinister schemes for the town, but what will happen when they converge? Things are heating up in the Hill! When it all boils over, will anyone be safe?

BATMAN: WAYNE FAMILY ADVENTURES VOLUME FOUR
    Written by CRC PAYNE
    Art by STARBITE
    Cover by VASCO GEORGIEV
    $14.99 US | 208 pages | Softcover | 6″ x 9″ | ISBN: 978-1-77952-691-5
    ON SALE 5/7/24
    Season two of the smash-hit WEBTOON series continues here! When your superhero life is just as busy as your personal life, there’s never a dull moment in the Bat-Family. Bruce Wayne’s young heroes are still learning to fight and live side by side, but they always have each other’s backs.
    Collecting episodes 71-116 of the massively popular WEBTOON series, optimized for a brand-new
    reading experience in print!

While I'm still not super interested in The Hill (it's "just" a mini set before Cheer, it features the MK suit and the premise isn't particularly exciting), I kinda like Dana and her cape persona. It'd be nice to see her outside of Martinbrough's books.

Jason could benefit from having a cast he can be around that goes beyond the Batfamily for obvious reasons. He's had that before in a way, but they biggest characters were established characters that Jason has hardly had interactions with ever since his ongoing ended (actually, have there even be any references between Jason and Artemis and Bizarro? Haven't kept up with those two).

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    While I'm still not super interested in The Hill (it's "just" a mini set before Cheer, it features the MK suit and the premise isn't particularly exciting), I kinda like Dana and her cape persona. It'd be nice to see her outside of Martinbrough's books.

Jason could benefit from having a cast he can be around that goes beyond the Batfamily for obvious reasons. He's had that before in a way, but they biggest characters were established characters that Jason has hardly had interactions with ever since his ongoing ended (actually, have there even be any references between Jason and Artemis and Bizarro? Haven't kept up with those two).
    Well, Jason's Biz was last seen ruling over Trigon's forces. Another Bizarro, though, has appeared in the main Superman series not too long ago. Artemis, I believe, when she had her own little mini while on the run. I think Jason was mentioned, sort of, but that's been about it.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Has the new issue of the other copy of what would have happened if Jason lived out yet?