Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Jason has a small appearance in the Godzilla/King Kong Crossover working together with the family to contain the bat titan attacking Gotham, but he is once again, written as the impulsive "I know better" guy that fucks everything up and goes down in one punch.

Sigh.

At least he is jobbing on the MK suit and not the classic costume, I guess.
    Wow, what a waste of an appearance.

Mighty Member

Yikes. The writer really has a hate boner for him.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

At least he gets to have a fun movie night with Dick and the Batgirls in the backup of Nightwing #108

So is the white streak on an artist by artist basis...?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pretty much. Sometimes he has the streak on the cover but not in the story and vice-versa.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Jason has a small appearance in the Godzilla/King Kong Crossover working together with the family to contain the bat titan attacking Gotham, but he is once again, written as the impulsive "I know better" guy that fucks everything up and goes down in one punch.

Sigh.

At least he is jobbing on the MK suit and not the classic costume, I guess.
    The funny thing is that he still winds up getting one of the coolest moments in the book, shooting out the bat monsters eye.

Which is more than can be said for Dick and Babs at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The funny thing is that he still winds up getting one of the coolest moments in the book, shooting out the bat monsters eye.
    It's a bit wired they were shooting before that missiles at that thing that didn't even scratch it.

But I think what Jason did makes still more sense than the way they took it out in the end...

If you ignore his blatant disregard for collateral damage and how ultimately only pissed off Camazotz, I guess

If you ignore his blatant disregard for collateral damage and how ultimately only pissed off Camazotz, I guess
    Hey the thing was already trashing the city and they were barely stopping it to begin with.

Despite what the Batfam said, honestly Jason couldn't make this worse than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It's a bit wired they were shooting before that missiles at that thing that didn't even scratch it.

But I think what Jason did makes still more sense than the way they took it out in the end...
    Well he did snipe the eye, the sensitive soft fleshy part. But yeah the monster was pretty invulnerable to missiles and conventional arms otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yup since Batman eternal

I know, right?! Here's proof...

I'm not saying this doesn't happen to anyone else, but this problem honestly feels so consistent with Jason.
    This is such an obvious 'against the odds heroic moment', Batman and every other single batfamily (and dc character in general) does crap like this all the time where despite the odds and people's warning's they take risks and it always works out somehow. As everyone else has pointed out, nothing else was being done yet anyway the creature was already on a rampage, till that point Jason was the only one to really get a good strike in on the monster and technically gets the only 'cool scene' in the book, plus he doesn't even miss his shot, it's a bullseye, but again, despite this being a classic heroic moment, unfortunately Jason wasn't able to calculate for the fact that the writers hate him and would rather chew off their own arm than give him a win :/ Instead Jason gets to be a burden and a punching bag to yet another batfamily member, yay. I'm so glad that dc writers seem to love dedicating precious page time in stories JUST to show us Jason being made a fool over and over again.

Side note, the way Infinite Frontier has been reducing Babs to not only serving as 'Dicks girlfriend' and Dicks tech support, to also now apparently Dicks bodyguard, it's all honestly turning me off DickBabs as a concept, I just hope Babs gets her own thing soon.
    Last edited by RedBird; 11-22-2023 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'm not saying this doesn't happen to anyone else, but this problem honestly feels so consistent with Jason.
    This is such an obvious 'against the odds heroic moment', Batman and every other single batfamily (and dc character in general) does crap like this all the time where despite the odds and people's warning's they take risks and it always works out somehow. As everyone else has pointed out, nothing else was being done yet anyway the creature was already on a rampage, till that point Jason was the only one to really get a good strike in on the monster and technically gets the only 'cool scene' in the book, plus he doesn't even miss his shot, it's a bullseye, but again, despite this being a classic heroic moment, unfortunately Jason wasn't able to calculate for the fact that the writers hate him and would rather chew off their own arm than give him a win :/ Instead Jason gets to be a burden and a punching bag to yet another batfamily member, yay. I'm so glad that dc writers seem to love dedicating precious page time in stories JUST to show us Jason being made a fool over and over again.

Side note, the way Infinite Frontier has been reducing Babs to not only serving as 'Dicks girlfriend' and Dicks tech support, to also now apparently Dicks bodyguard, it's all honestly turning me off DickBabs as a concept, I just hope Babs gets her own thing soon.
    I know, right?! The issue even gave Babs an opportunity to perform a rendition of "Batman VS. Guy Gardner" on poor Jason

See this is one of those moments that makes me dislike Babs.

She's very intrusive overall and kind of a spotlight hog.

Honestly I'm a Babs fan and even I can't believe she could take Jason down in one punch.