Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I have not had time to read it, but Jason is hanging out with Dick in the Back Up Story (the 2nd part of 3) in the current issue of Nightwing.
    Story looks a bit goofy.
    Is just a small scene of Jason and Dick teaming up against some two-bit goons, not bad for what it is

I like that Jason is calmer and has brotherly banter with Dick, he is also shown as a pretty competent, if brutal fighter. Certainly, a take that I'd like to see more. Interestingly, is set on The Hill, so maybe is referencing/tied to Martinbrough's mini.

I like that biker look for Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think Lobdell came in general up with some pretty cool villains that never really lived up their potential.
    That's one thing I'll praise of Lobdell's run for (beyond saying how lovely the first half of Rebirth was).

Speaking of villains, I wonder if they'll ever give Jason a "main" (you know what I mean) villain of sorts, new or established. I guess Joker fits that bill, but he's ultimately untouchable thanks to editorial and his scope is out of reach for a lesser known character such as Jason. I'd rather he distanced himself from the clown.

Man, I miss Jason having an ongoing where brand new characters and places would pop up. Martinbrough's mini aside, future looks dire as ****.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 10-19-2023 at 03:12 AM.

January solicits are out, and no mini for Jason is in sight but WereJason is weirdly prominent on one of the covers for Beast Planet.

Ironically, the big thing in the solicit is the reprint of Batman #428 with the alternate ending

BATMAN #428: ROBIN LIVES!

Written by JIM STARLIN

Art by JIM APARO and MIKE DeCARLO

Cover by MIKE MIGNOLA

Foil variant cover by MIKE MIGNOLA ($7.99 US)

Blank sketch variant

$4.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 12/12/23

What if one of the darkest hours in Batman’s crime-fighting career never happened? Thirty-five years ago, fans voted on Jason Todd’s fate after his brutal encounter with The Joker, which set Jason on the path to becoming the gun-toting vigilante Red Hood. But suppose fans had voted differently…

DC Comics transports you back in time with this special “faux-simile” edition of Batman #428 in which Robin lives! Featuring pages reconstructed from artist Jim Aparo’s alternate art boards –which have been plucked from the DC vault and fully restored and remastered –this reedited version of “A Death in the Family, Book Three” turns the Dark Knight’s greatest tragedy into a moment of triumph. Adding to the immersive authenticity of this alternate-history comic book, this version includes all the ads from the original 1988 edition plus a rewritten letters column.
    And as I expected, the first volume of RH: Outlaws is solicited. Only covers the first ten chapters so is going to take a while to collect the whole thing.

RED HOOD: OUTLAWS VOLUME ONE

Written by PATRICK R. YOUNG

Art by NICO BASCUÑÁN, JAVIER RODRÍGUEZ VÉJARES, and SEBASTIÁN FRANCHINI

Cover by VASCO GEORGIEV

$14.99 US | 208 pages | Softcover | 6″ x 9″ | ISBN: 978-1-77952-454-6

ON SALE 3/5/24

As a former Robin, a former Wonder Woman, and, well, a bizarre Superman, Jason Todd, Artemis Grace, and Bizarro have always felt second best. That’s why they formed the Outlaws: a skilled trio of heroes for hire. But when collecting an ancient idol from Dinosaur Island lands the Outlaws in hot water with the Justice League, Red Hood will have to lead his team to get it back and prove they’re more than second-stringers.

Collecting episodes 1-10 of WEBTOON’s smash-hit series, optimized for a brand-new reading experience in print. Your new favorite series starts here!
    Also a third volume of Wayne Family Adventures.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Will probably pick up the Red Hood: Outlaw tpb

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/20/dc...ar-red-hood-2/

I'm sick and tired of Rosenberg, his Jason is either a dumbass that gets played like a fiddle or a mad dog that only exists to beat people up. And to top it off the already crappy cake, this is ignoring completing the events of Batman and Catwoman, making everything utterly pointless.

GW:RH #2 went the other way to issue #1, whereas issue 1 had little to do with the ongoing narrative, issue #2 is all about filling in the "blanks" about Jason but failing to add anything meaningful (other than the implication that Rose and Jason fucking, because that is clearly what we needed) to the story, and even then, what little it adds to the Joker book is completely superfluous. The final scene of the book also runs into the problem of cramming way too much stuff happening in just a couple of minutes, making the scene of Jason going to save that girl from the fire needlessly contrived. The only bright spot I can see is that Zdarsky kept Rosemberg from "fixing" Jason through the Joker.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

RH GW 2 starts off fine but takes a hard turn for the worse halfway through. Rosenberg crams so much stuff in the back half that it feels like stuff is just happening. It's a shame since an issue centered around Jason jumping into the fire to save the kid and overcoming his fear handicap because it had a lot of potential in theory. Instead, the whole thing lasts 2 minutes and ends with 2 villains fighting over who gets to kill him (spoiler: nobody does) then the issue just... kind of ends shortly afterward.

The latest BWFA webtoon episode has Roy and Lian spending the day with Jason and Dick, hijinks ensue.

That was a cute chapter even if I found Dick's addition to be forced.

Wayne Family Adventures never fails to be a pallet cleanser. Especially when Jason is involved. And with him and Dick competing to be the "favorite uncle", just plain fun.

Just caught up on GW. It's... yeah.

Ready to move onto the next event to see how much they keep fucking Jason's **** up, all while we continue wait for the only sliver of hope (that will only last for a few issues. Pain).

BTW, regarding Rose and Jason, I really don't mind the pairing, even if it doesn't touch the Artemis one/her being with Jason might be weird or silly given past history and all that jazz. I think they could have some fun and interesting stories together... "could" being the key word here, because we're told, rather than shown, that they have/had something (Future State was the closest we got to see them iirc). A lack of direction and commitment is something that defines DC pretty well, especially when it comes to characters like Jason, and in his relationship with Rose there's a very good example.

Well, GW was completely stupid and we still have Joker's final issue for Rosenberg to further twist the knife on Jason's back. Joy.

Here's hoping everyone had a safe & pain-free Halloween

Extraordinary Member

Looks like Joker found Jason

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 11-03-2023 at 06:54 AM.