Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, Bleeding Cool was right.

Jason was only there to get clowned by The Vigil and show they mean business.

And Joker threw away again Jason and Bruce being on good terms so Jason could get chased away from Gotham again and get captured by the police again.

spoilers:
    And he gets fooled into thinking he killed Joker by shooting Clayface pretending to be Joker
    end of spoilers

Meh

I'm hoping Red Hood gets a rematch. Jason popping up in Ram V's detective comics run would be dope. I agree about the crowbar- I rather he use a sword.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-08-2023 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Well, Bleeding Cool was right.

Jason was only there to get clowned by The Vigil and show they mean business.

Don't mind me, just quoting myself from back in December.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    The lack of any mention of Jason in the solicitations makes me doubtful he has any major connection or even role in the story beyond being the character that is just there to discover this new group and go 'huh?' and 'what', once the Vigil makes their debut.
    But yeah that felt very obvious.

At this point, they're loosing a reader on me, let alone a purchaser. This whole situation is so unsatisfactory, I'm not even investing time in reading regular comic series with Jason from DC.
    I'm following news and opinions in hopes there'll be some new content that pick my interest again.
    (As I'm doing for all my other faves in DC. This is sad)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-07-2023 at 11:52 PM.

https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...46249271943169

Well, this certainly lowers my enthusiasm for Martinbrough's mini.

https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...46249271943169

Well, this certainly lowers my enthusiasm for Martinbrough's mini.
    I get the MK suit isn't for everyone, but characterization is important too. Plus the look isn't terrible.

I don't get the appeal of the MK look.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It worked as a one-time thing to reflect Jason being in a self-destructive mindset, kind of his Zur-En-Arrh equivalent, but as a permanent thing, it does not.

Also, Martinbrough's comments all but confirm the mini is an inventory story that only now is (possibly) seeing the light.

It's more of a street level look but it's appeal fluctuates depending on the artist.

I rather he get something like Grifter's look in the Wild Storm. It's drawn by Jon Davis Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It's more of a street level look but it's appeal fluctuates depending on the artist.

I rather he get something like Grifter's look in the Wild Storm. It's drawn by Jon Davis Hunt.

His normal look is pretty street-level.

The suit is fine as an alternate look, but it's lasted way too long for no damn reason, and it came and replaced his (arguably) best suit, the early rebirth design, which despite its popularity barely got to thrive in comparison.

Pretty much, like I actually really love how Carmine Di Giandomenico depicts it, but the fact that it's so reliant on specific artists to make it work (similar to Babs Burnside suit) is exactly why it doesn't work as a permanent fixture.

That said I'm more concerned about the weapons at the moment, the sooner the crowbar goes, the better.

I wish DC released some of the covers with Jason as posters, there are some bangers in there

His normal look is pretty street-level.
    I know but I rather go the extra mile. Jason's look being more street clothes and tactical fits his background more.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-09-2023 at 09:28 AM.

I know but I rather go the extra mile. Jason's look being more street clothes and tactical fits his background more.
    There is nothing tactical about the MK costume. without the muzzle and the domino mask, he looks like a random jock going to the gym.

There is nothing tactical about the MK costume. without the muzzle and the domino mask, he looks like a random jock going to the gym.
    I'm not talking about that one. I'm talking about Grifter's look in the Wild Storm.