Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Concepts for Jason's Gilded City Outlaw outfit

I like the one with the loose hood on the left, that would actually look cool as a modern look.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That's the one they went with for the game, I think is the best of the bunch

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Those are all actually great looks, and I did like the comic series but I don't own a system the game is on( I have a Switch) so I don't think I'll be using these skins but it's cool none the less.
    I love that green is the major color for Robin, it fits the original Robin Hood inspiration pretty well.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Well, no news about Martinbrough's mini in July or August but we'll have Jason relive getting killed by the Joker, AGAIN. And still on the stupid MK costume. Joy.

Dick Grayson isn’t the only Robin stuck in the Nightmare Realm. Written by Kenny Porter (The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive) with art by Miguel Mendonça (Wonder Woman), Jason Todd and Tim Drake must fight against their own worst fears and each other as they’re forced to relive the darkest moments of their lives in Knight Terrors: Robin #1. This issue will be available on July 11 with a main cover by Ivan Reis, open-to-order variants by James Stokoe and Liam Sharp, a 1:25 variant by Sam Wolfe Connelly, a 1:50 variant by Jorge Corona, and a Midnight variant by Dustin Nguyen.

https://www.dc.com/blog/2023/04/14/k...es-this-summer

This is giving off, 'this was meant to be a Tim Robin story but we threw in Red Hood as well' vibes.

Also yeah I already wasn't enthusiastic for this event, so Jason's story basically being the overdone take of having to face his fears/trauma/pain whatever etc is just adding another bland cherry on the cake. Dude does this every weekend it's not 'an event' for him anymore.

That said, the nightmarish version of Jason appearing as the god awful Morrison era pill helmet combined with DC's incessant need to have Jason featured with the crowbar so much to the point where it's now just straight up attached to his arm, is about as nightmarish a version of Jason as I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    That said, the nightmarish version of Jason appearing as the god awful Morrison era pill helmet combined with DC's incessant need to have Jason featured with the crowbar so much to the point where it's now just straight up attached to his arm, is about as nightmarish a version of Jason as I can imagine.
    So true... It's fun, but not really.

Extraordinary Member

You guys are right, that Red Hood perfectly represents the way DC themselves seem to see Jason nowadays, as being entirely defined by the trauma and that goddamn crowbar. Is also funny how a lot of these nightmare designs seem to be ripping off other media, Tim is outright Legacy of Kain's Raziel, and that bat demon in Batman is ripping off Chainsaw Man out all things.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dick looks hot
    Babs looks really cool
    The other three look like wild west vigilante but Jason looks like... an executioner?
    His clothes is still Western

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I love the Tim one, seems they're going by chained and affected by Batman theme?
    Jason one just looks funny
    I get the intention that red pill and crowbar were his darkest era, but gosh it just looks bad

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I love the Tim one, seems they're going by chained and affected by Batman theme?
    Jason one just looks funny
    I get the intention that red pill and crowbar were his darkest era, but gosh it just looks bad
    Yeah, Jason's a perfect synthesis of everything that is wrong with the character now. Tim is only decent because they're ripping off a far better design

The other three look like wild west vigilante but Jason looks like... an executioner?
    More like a bandit, funnily enough, that is very similar to the wild west pitch Lobdell and Medri sent to editorial during the RH/A days

*sigh* DC, what the hell.

At least for the faults in the webtoon for Red Hood, they are exploring other parts. Hell, fanfics know to move on from the damn crowbar.

Dick looks hot
    Babs looks really cool
    The rest look great, but Jason looks lame as hell.
    How on earth did they manage to make the literal gun slinging outlaw of the group, look the least like a cowboy.
    They didn't even give him a coat or at the very least a cowboy hat. Disappointing.

Latest issue of webcomic had Jason and Dick being on good terms, talked how Dick was the angry Robin, and how the endless cycle of "Jason too violent!" keeps repeating.

And was incredibly vague on which redhead Dick is gonna propose to.

It hit 4 homeruns that have bugged long time fans and deep divers of the Bat family in one issue. That's, impressive.

Not really a feat when you're writing explicitly to please the Tumblr crowd