Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    This is such a weird video, for a guy that is supposed to be a Red Hood fan (going so far as to have the red bat tattooed on his arm) he comes off as his knowledge of Jason comes off from glancing at his wiki page one afternoon and calling a day since the gets the timelines wrong, he buys the narrative that Jason was always a bad Robin and unpopular, completely mixes up the storylines...and yet, he nails the biggest problem Jason has: DC just doesn't know what to do with the character. Although I guess that is more a testament to how badly the Batman office is being run nowadays.
    Yeah, I'm not really on board with this guys opinions but it is indeed funny that no matter the differing views that fans have, we all agree that DC doesn't know what to do with him. Not that Jason is the only one with that problem at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    EDIT:

I stumbled upon the portafolio of WB Montreal staff and some very interesting concept art for Gotham Knights. This one, in particular, caught my eye

This one is titled as "Various explorations" I don't know if is scrapped ideas for costumes or just character studies but I find it interesting how they worked on essentially all the major costumes from the comics.
    That third designs mask looks like that one Red Hood YOTV cover by Yasmine Putri.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, Ravager/Rose Wilson does have ties to the Bats, but she does make sense as an Outlaw.

What about Kid Devil/Red Devil? He was, originally, Jason's penpal before Jason died.
    she has ties however not sure if she belongs to any of the Bat kids generation of heroes. I might be wrong.

she was on teams with Tim and Damian but that never close or a friend to either. So I view those as very loose ties.

Dick mentor her but they aren't friends and never interact. It's not the same as Roy or Kori. I don't associate her with any Bat.

Love kid Devil abs a member of Jason's team. I'd like see their interactions.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    In Jacksons case, he may be an older teen, and it's hard to that say he is specifically part of Damians generation when age wise he is probably more closer to forever young Tim. But, even if we put age and comic generations completely aside, considering the team that featured Jackson also featured characters mainly pertaining from Dicks generation, some of who had been swapped over to Tims generation, who Damian then took when Tim had fake died, it's not as though there's ever been previous restrictions on where these characters will go anyway even based on previous ties.

To be honest, in Jasons case, I'd also like to see team ups featuring the more magic and/or dark side of DC considering how appropriate it would be for his background, but, limiting an entire universe full of characters simply for fears of 'appropriation' from previous bat teams ups can get ridiculous. I get age can be a difficult factor to get past when characters seem too far apart in team ups, but imo that pertains more to literal generational gaps, like child characters interacting with adult characters. But in actuality the main factor that should stand in the way of whether or not characters should be able to team up is narrative and chemistry, a lot of which can end up being subjective anyway.
    My bad. I didn't know generation meant age. I always thought it meant teen heroes introduced around the same era of comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    My bad. I didn't know generation meant age. I always thought it meant teen heroes introduced around the same era of comics.
    At least usually it means that, I mean all the main members of Tim's generation are about the same age, and iirc also all of Dick's (with exception of Beat Boy).

And with Jackson Hyde I'm not even sure if he is still a teenager, since they had him becoming Aquaman recently. Which implies to me that he is actually older than Tim's Generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

He dug up some stuff I didnt know about what Jason did in prison
    Comicstorian usually has good stuff, and does like Red Hood, but this video of his, yeah. Don't really agree with it either. I like the All Caste for Jason. It really differentiates him from the other Bats. And honestly, would make for an interesting member of Justice League Dark.

I like the All Caste for Jason. It really differentiates him from the other Bats. And honestly, would make for an interesting member of Justice League Dark.
    In agreement with everything concerning Jason's All-Caste, which definitely makes him quite unique.
    As for joining JLD, that's a great idea. Shadowpact & Sentinels of Magic would be fine, as well (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-04-2023 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Links.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with anything concerning Jason's All-Caste, which definitely makes him quite unique.
    As for joining JLD, that's a great idea. Shadowpact & Sentinels of Magic would be fine, as well (IMHO):

Jason connection to Talia should be terminated forever, since its just another horrific moment for the character they gotta find a new way to get him here, but if this group is of any worth why wouldnt she have sent Damian there?

Talia Ghoul Sin.jpg

Hard disagree. When it comes to comics, If we deleted entire storylines and relationships over one or two NOPE moments we'd have next to nothing. By this logic, you may as well delete Damian in his entirety for the hellish downward spiral of Talias character that that created, Damian use to be the product of rape for goodness sake. Not anymore of course, because that's what comics (generally) allow for, taking what was good and building a better version.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Hard disagree. When it comes to comics, If we deleted entire storylines and relationships over one or two NOPE moments we'd have next to nothing. By this logic, you may as well delete Damian in his entirety for the hellish downward spiral of Talias character that that created, Damian use to be the product of rape for goodness sake. Not anymore of course, because that's what comics (generally) allow for, taking what was good and building a better version.
    Perhaps if Jason gained anything from this, its not as if today he's some super Bat-magic ninja sword wielding hero. If that was the case then maybe, but the all caste is more or less forgotten relic of that which no writer gets close to due disgusting choices made above.

Unfortunately DC has immortalized Damian sad conception in a film watched by million so that one can never go away. But at least the product is somthing beloved and so valued that DC/Gunn has big plans for it now.

Extraordinary Member

Jason connection to Talia should be terminated forever, since its just another horrific moment for the character they gotta find a new way to get him here, but if this group is of any worth why wouldnt she have sent Damian there?
    Maybe she has and it didn't work?

It was said that Jason was the only mortal who was able to to become an All-Caste member, Talia was iirc trained by them herself but wasn't able to learn their techniques.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Maybe she has and it didn't work?

It was said that Jason was the only mortal who was able to to become an All-Caste member, Talia was iirc trained by them herself but wasn't able to learn their techniques.
    I dont want mabeys its been 12 years, no mention of it makes means to DC it more or less didn't happen.
    See thats bad, when things like that are made so exclusive it then plays no parts in the greater DCU, its never mentioned, referenced and thus disappears. Future writers become unaware .

Kind of like Superboys TTK
    or Spyral from Grayson

Perhaps if Jason gained anything from this, its not as if today he's some super Bat-magic ninja sword wielding hero. If that was the case then maybe, but the all caste is more or less forgotten relic of that which no writer gets close to due disgusting choices made above.
    I wasn't really referring to the All caste in my response but, why on earth should we get rid of a storyline and rid the possibility of it being used in the future? The last time the elements of the All Caste was referred was in the semi final arc of Jasons last ongoing, so not that long ago, plus, Jason has even less to gain by getting rid of such an element, and for what? Because of one problematic moment from a different timeline? Pretty sure the moment you placed there has already been wiped from continuity, it was already wiped BY the All Caste version of Jasons story as opposed to the Lost Days version, and even in a post, 'everything happened' DC world I somehow doubt DC will bring that particular nugget back.

Unfortunately DC has immortalized Damian sad conception in a film watched by million so that one can never go away. But at least the product is somthing beloved and so valued that DC/Gunn has big plans for it now.
    So do you actually have any concern for Talias character or not? You said because of one instance (which could very easily and pretty much already has been wiped) that Talia and Jasons connection should be entirely erased, yet when I mentioned that Damians character and the elements surrounding him objectively did far worse to tarnish Talia but that it would be absurd to get rid of him for it (and again given the nature of comics those negative elements have been eased over the years anyway) now it's, oh well too bad, because at least Damian benefitted more?

So, Talias character should never be tarnished, unless it means another character gets to substantially benefit off of her back?
    Last edited by RedBird; 03-05-2023 at 01:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Perhaps if Jason gained anything from this, its not as if today he's some super Bat-magic ninja sword wielding hero.
    But it would imo awesome if he was.

I would be totally up for more a urban fantasy style story with Jason fighting supernatural threads with his swords.

Comicstorian usually has good stuff, and does like Red Hood, but this video of his, yeah. Don't really agree with it either. I like the All Caste for Jason. It really differentiates him from the other Bats. And honestly, would make for an interesting member of Justice League Dark.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with everything concerning Jason's All-Caste, which definitely makes him quite unique.

I would be totally up for more a urban fantasy style story with Jason fighting supernatural threads with his swords.
    I'm on the same page as these guys. Jason's all-caste training is a cool hook and I wish they did more with it.

Talia Ghoul Sin.jpg
    She planned to and Jason was a test run. So you could have Damian attempt All-caste training in a future solo.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I'm on the same page as these guys. Jason's all-caste training is a cool hook and I wish they did more with it.
    Agreed. The All-Blades are Awesome!