Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Interview with writer Andy Diggle, for the upcoming 'Batman: Legends of Gotham #1'.

https://www.cbr.com/andy-diggle-batm...ham-interview/
    "I wanted to play a little bit of this wildcard black sheep of the family aspect"
    "He's not book-smart, but he's trained by Batman,[so] he's still super smart"
    "If everybody's on the same side, it gets boring real quick."

So is the same dance as always, Jason as the emotional loose cannon used to bring the conflict to the story because. I don't know why I expected it any differently. And to top it off, they drag Bane already after One Bad Day gave him the perfect sendoff.

Sigh

The only good things I can see is the fact they are keeping the Rocafort Robin costume instead of bringing back the undies and pixie boots and that we might get some bonding between Croc and Jason based on this line
    "For example, I could have happily written an entire issue that was just Jason and Killer Croc hanging out and having a conversation."

Batman: Legends of Gotham #1 Preview
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/01/27/dc...s-of-gotham-1/

Huh, a chili dog reference, looks like someone read Batman Gotham Knights #43.
    Also I can't believe this is technically continuing from Red Hood #52, such a long time ago now.

Also I can't believe this is technically continuing from Red Hood #52, such a long time ago now.
    I forgot about Leviathan...
    How are they gonna tie it into now?

That dialogue is clunky as hell.

And is really dumb to bring back Leviathan since I'm pretty sure that data was in their possession and looking around, Barbara recovered that data and foiled Shaw's plans to use it. And I don't know why to go back to that when Failsafe was the perfect excuse for Bruce's data to leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That dialogue is clunky as hell.

And is really dumb to bring back Leviathan since I'm pretty sure that data was in their possession and looking around, Barbara recovered that data and foiled Shaw's plans to use it. And I don't know why to go back to that when Failsafe was the perfect excuse for Bruce's data to leak.
    Well, if its another opportunity to erase more Bendis' mark on DC, I won't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, if its another opportunity to erase more Bendis' mark on DC, I won't complain.
    Bringing back a failed concept of his is the opposite of erasing his mark on DC

Hallelujah! Continuity Rules!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Bringing back a failed concept of his is the opposite of erasing his mark on DC
    I don't mean redoing his plot over, but to do something with Jason that makes sense.

Bad thing is, we are about 3 years out from when that mess dropped, and almost everyone has moved on from the Bendis era, without looking in the mirror. Barring one last major headache in the Superman office that is.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hallelujah! Continuity Rules!!

I feel like people tend to forget Babs was still Batgirl by he time Jason was Robin so they knew each other/worked together.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like people tend to forget Babs was still Batgirl by he time Jason was Robin so they knew each other/worked together.
    While technically true, that flashback story is the only time shown of them working together. Otherwise, I think Babs was technically retired at the time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While technically true, that flashback story is the only time shown of them working together. Otherwise, I think Babs was technically retired at the time.
    If we just look at post crisis stories from the 80s they only briefly met in a Flashback Story in Batman Annual #13, pre flashpoint I think the only story they were both in was his origin story (and maybe COIE itself) but I don't think they really interacted (but I might forgetting some thing).

Btw. Jason was also Robin when Batman was also Robin when Batman was leading the Original Outsiders, and even if they never met on panel, he could theoretically know Katana and Black Lighting from back than.

So, a new Batman and Robin with Damian as the latter is part of the universe revamp by Gunn and Safran for film and TV.

I was hopeful, but absolutely not expecting, about us getting Nightwing, Red Hood and Tim in this new DCEU, and now that seems likely enough, right? I hope they don't skip any of the boys. I'm genuinely surprised they're not just bringing Robin back to the spotlight, but that it isn't Dick.

If that happens, the next hope is that they get them right lol. Gunn mentioned Morrison's run, but that's within the context of the Damian origin story: if Jason is featured, he'll likely be influenced by his post-villain days, whether the portrayal is good or not.

Do you have any dream cast in particular for Jason and the others?
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 01-31-2023 at 10:42 AM.

This just felt like a big middle finger to Dick, Jason and Tim now. Not to mention characters like Babs, Steph and Cass. Even if by some miracle they all do exist in this universe and aren't being side lined yet again in favour of Damian ala animated new52 verse, any build up you could possibly have for any of these characters regarding their origins, their transitions from identity to identity and how impactful it is for their characters, the tragedies they go through to get to where they are, and what they achieve as heroes, will all be completely spoiled and will feel hollow if we skip ahead to just current day without seeing and appreciating the journey it took to get them there. Aside from the Snyder verse, I can't think of a worse place to start the timeline, what a disappointment.

Watch there be Jason's Robin suit on display in the Batcave.

I wasn't expecting anything and I was still disappointed.

Jumping straight to Damian is really dumb.

EDIT:

In happier news, Dexter says Red Ronin is happening and to stay tuned for news
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 01-31-2023 at 11:21 AM.