Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I'm pretty sure that is Soy's original character, not related to Jason.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is Soy's original character, not related to Jason.
    Is Jason with the serial numbers filed off.

He even posted this pic of Jason in the Red Ronin costume alongside Bruce a couple of weeks ago.

It might have started as Jason Red Hood fanart in the beginning but I'm pretty sure the character is it's own thing now. It's his own OC, not Jason.

It might have started as Jason Red Hood fanart in the beginning but I'm pretty sure the character is it's own thing now. It's his own OC, not Jason.
    Unless you have access to Dexter's notes we don't even know what Red Ronin is exactly. The only thing we have are random pinups with no continuity, context, or dialogue and as I mentioned, Dexter is still drawing Jason in the Red Ronin costume.

Is this a DC connected project? I don't remember hearing anything about it. I know there was a Red Ronin story published last year under Artists Elite but I didn't think they had any connection to DC.

Extraordinary Member

This just felt like a big middle finger to Dick, Jason and Tim now.
    I would be surprised if Dick wouldn't exist as Nightwing, I mean that what they did with their animated Universe.
    And honestly you just can't have that many Robins I a movie series where might only do 3 movies.

Dick, I also find to be the most likely candidate to appear, but, I think it's still a middle finger to start the new DCU and the introduction of the much anticipated Batman and Robin dynamic with the fifth anti-Robin and skip over Dick's entire journey as well.

Dick is a lock, yeah. He's the first and most iconic Robin and Nightwing is one of the most beloved superheros. You can also use him as a mirror the kind of wayward Robin Damian will be.

Jason and Tim existing... dunno. Before today, I was expecting them to either straight-up continue ignoring the Batfamily or just have Dick as Robin, which would mean the others wouldn't exist, at least not in their adult forms, barring a timeskip.

So, while I wish this was a different Robin for his first film appearance in forever (and I like Damian, don't get me wrong!), I guess there's some hope for Jason to be a thing in the DCEU as Red Hood. I've always wanted an UTRH adaptation and I believe that Robin's death and Jason's warpath would really resonate with casual audiences, but the potential benefit of that arc not being made is that you could have him already be more like his post-N52 incarnation instead of the weird mess that he was immediately after his return.

Not holding my breath, but at least there's a path now, unlike with The Batman or the Synderverse (what a stupid ass decision it was to have Dick be the Robin killed by Joker lmao).

I just read Legends of Gotham and it has little to do with everything Diggle said in his interview. Much like what happened with Martinbrough, he actually kept the character development Jason had through RHATO and delivered a smart, mature Jason that is able to see the bigger picture and keep his emotions in check for the greater good. I was absolutely delighted that he is on good terms with Croc thanks to their mutual friendship with Roy and that he is actually willing to help Bruce (even if he tries to pass it as merely doing it to annoy him).

The issue does have its flaws, like Bane's characterization, especially after the amazing send-off that was One Bad Day and Jason ultimately being played like a fool and failing the mission but compared to the absolutely terrible way Rosenberg has written him for the past year this was a fresh of breath air. Interestingly, Jason's motivation being getting revenge on Bane essentially means that Diggle is ignoring everything that happened on TFZ, and given how terrible that was, I'm more than fine with that.

As an aside, this issue gave me the impression that the white streak is something that the editorial isn't fully committed to, there is a bunch of pages where the art team either forgot or didn't want to add it. I'm fine with that because I don't like the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I just read Legends of Gotham and it has little to do with everything Diggle said in his interview. Much like what happened with Martinbrough, he actually kept the character development Jason had through RHATO and delivered a smart, mature Jason that is able to see the bigger picture and keep his emotions in check for the greater good. I was absolutely delighted that he is on good terms with Croc thanks to their mutual friendship with Roy and that he is actually willing to help Bruce (even if he tries to pass it as merely doing it to annoy him).

The issue does have its flaws, like Bane's characterization, especially after the amazing send-off that was One Bad Day and Jason ultimately being played like a fool and failing the mission but compared to the absolutely terrible way Rosenberg has written him for the past year this was a fresh of breath air. Interestingly, Jason's motivation being getting revenge on Bane essentially means that Diggle is ignoring everything that happened on TFZ, and given how terrible that was, I'm more than fine with that.

As an aside, this issue gave me the impression that the white streak is something that the editorial isn't fully committed to, there is a bunch of pages where the art team either forgot or didn't want to add it. I'm fine with that because I don't like the streak.
    I was so distracted by Mostert trying to be Frank Quitely. Even the body language and posture.

Bane talking like Tom Hardy Bane also threw me.

But I LOVED that Croc was in on the whole thing. It keeps the Roy connection which was great. Croc helping Roy get sober is one of my favorite stories, so any nod to that is great by me.

What costume is Jason currently wearing? I didn’t think he was still doing the half mask with crow bar look. I’m good with it just because it’s the costume that gives Jason his own symbol. Not a fan of him just having a red Bat logo on his chest. The red domino mask symbol is a great call back to his origin and uniquely Jason.

Wearing your face on your chest is really dumb and very ill-fitting for Jason. The red bat is Jason's symbol now anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    So, while I wish this was a different Robin for his first film appearance in forever (and I like Damian, don't get me wrong!), I guess there's some hope for Jason to be a thing in the DCEU as Red Hood. I've always wanted an UTRH adaptation and I believe that Robin's death and Jason's warpath would really resonate with casual audiences, but the potential benefit of that arc not being made is that you could have him already be more like his post-N52 incarnation instead of the weird mess that he was immediately after his return.
    Honestly I think it is more likely that they are doing Jason as Red Hood, when they allready start with Damian as Robin, as it would be that they get to Jason as Robin when they would start with Dick as Robin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Honestly I think it is more likely that they are doing Jason as Red Hood, when they allready start with Damian as Robin, as it would be that they get to Jason as Robin when they would start with Dick as Robin.
    Yeah. Jason being Red Hood is the most likely option.

The issue is adaptations don't seem to know what to do with Red Hood. They just focus on Jason to adapt the "Death of the Family" and Jason's resurrection (as Batman's enemy).

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. Jason being Red Hood is the most likely option.

The issue is adaptations don't seem to know what to do with Red Hood. They just focus on Jason to adapt the "Death of the Family" and Jason's resurrection (as Batman's enemy).
    You could have him reconcile with the others and become the Wild card of the Batfamily. Or he could become a bold new threat for the DCU.

I would've preferred him as Robin instead of Damian but Under the Red Hood was my intro to him. Under the Red Hood would work as sequel to Damian's intro. He and Bruce disagree on how to deal with Jason's return.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-01-2023 at 08:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Just read Legends of Gotham, that was really the best Red Hood Story I have read in quite some time.