Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Would be nice if we had any idea who was near the top lol
    Yeah really lol.

X-Men vote closing today as creators make their picks

X-Men Vote: AL EWING VOTES FRENZY
    “As S.W.O.R.D.’s resident ambassador, Joanna Cargill embodies Roosevelt’s philosophy: speak softly and don’t bother carrying anything because you can bench-press ten tons and you’re almost completely indestructible. A vote for Frenzy is a vote for diplomacy.”

X-Men Vote: ALYSSA WONG VOTES JUBILEE
    “Is your life (and X-Men roster) missing a certain spark? Don’t get fireworked up about it, just head to the polls and vote for Jubilee! Free chili fries included with every vote!”

X-Men Vote: SI SPURRIER VOTES JUGGERNAUT
    “Despite everything his sketchy stepbrother has thrown at him, Juggernaut remains a simply irresistible kind of guy. While everyone else is punching, kicking, and blasting their way at problems, Cain Marko is using his head. Hard. Vote for a candidate with the courage of his (many) convictions and a (literal) inability to make embarrassing U-turns.”

X-Men Vote: KIERON GILLEN VOTES PRODIGY
    “It’s a little known fact that the X-Men are spectacularly bad at pub quizzes. Even the Defenders beat them. The Defenders! Let us bring this era of shame to an end. A vote for Prodigy on the X-Men is a vote for the X-Men not flunking music trivia rounds ever again.”

X-Men Vote: STEVE ORLANDO VOTES DAZZLER
    “Dazzler is just the high-intensity candidate the X-Men need! For years, fans have screamed her name! Who better than the hero and chart-topping recording artist that’s reinvented herself time and time again to help Krakoa’s premiere team of heroes adapt to meet tomorrow’s challenges…today? Vote Dazzler! Turn all that noise into power!”

X-Men Vote: GERRY DUGGAN VOTES CANNONBALL
    “Want your favorite Super Heroes to have velocity and charm? Then lock, load, and vote Sam Guthrie, your Cannonball, onto the next roster of X-Men.”
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Of course Duggan gives the least imaginative answer possible smh

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's not cheating if she knows and approves. His secondary mutation turns out to be he inherited his dad's ability to get his wife pregnant every year of their marriage, and Smasher said, "No thanks, these legs are closed for business. Go play with your boyfriend."
    the blurring of Izzy also makes it funnier considering Berto did this

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Oh I forgot Wong was on the Krakoa train !
    How is her Deadpool ? I didn't see threads here.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Of course Duggan gives the least imaginative answer possible smh
    He gave it nothing haha. Wong at least gave us chili fries and I liked Orlando's for Dazzler.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    the blurring of Izzy also makes it funnier considering Berto did this

Omg LOL!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love Kieron's blurb for Prodigy.

Glob's a freaking liar, I don't trust a word that ugly ball of wax says.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah really lol.

X-Men vote closing today as creators make their picks

X-Men Vote: AL EWING VOTES FRENZY
    “As S.W.O.R.D.’s resident ambassador, Joanna Cargill embodies Roosevelt’s philosophy: speak softly and don’t bother carrying anything because you can bench-press ten tons and you’re almost completely indestructible. A vote for Frenzy is a vote for diplomacy.”

X-Men Vote: ALYSSA WONG VOTES JUBILEE
    “Is your life (and X-Men roster) missing a certain spark? Don’t get fireworked up about it, just head to the polls and vote for Jubilee! Free chili fries included with every vote!”

X-Men Vote: SI SPURRIER VOTES JUGGERNAUT
    “Despite everything his sketchy stepbrother has thrown at him, Juggernaut remains a simply irresistible kind of guy. While everyone else is punching, kicking, and blasting their way at problems, Cain Marko is using his head. Hard. Vote for a candidate with the courage of his (many) convictions and a (literal) inability to make embarrassing U-turns.”

X-Men Vote: KIERON GILLEN VOTES PRODIGY
    “It’s a little known fact that the X-Men are spectacularly bad at pub quizzes. Even the Defenders beat them. The Defenders! Let us bring this era of shame to an end. A vote for Prodigy on the X-Men is a vote for the X-Men not flunking music trivia rounds ever again.”

X-Men Vote: STEVE ORLANDO VOTES DAZZLER
    “Dazzler is just the high-intensity candidate the X-Men need! For years, fans have screamed her name! Who better than the hero and chart-topping recording artist that’s reinvented herself time and time again to help Krakoa’s premiere team of heroes adapt to meet tomorrow’s challenges…today? Vote Dazzler! Turn all that noise into power!”

X-Men Vote: GERRY DUGGAN VOTES CANNONBALL
    “Want your favorite Super Heroes to have velocity and charm? Then lock, load, and vote Sam Guthrie, your Cannonball, onto the next roster of X-Men.”
    Wow, if I was going by quality of these pitches, I'd vote for Dazzler *twice* before anyone else! (Cannonball's was indeed dull, but I guess he had the funniest twitter pitch, with that campaign call from Roberto...)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Could that have something to do with people being able to vote multiple times? lol
    Madrox hasn't had his forty votes counted yet!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm a tad surprised Ewing voted for Frenzy. It's great he thinks she has what it takes to be an X-Man but...It's kindasortabutnotreally odd he would just give her away like that. (an' tuh besides...I think she's doing the Goddess' work in XMR...and while I do enjoy Duggan's XM, it just seems like a step "back" in her career)

I would have definitely voted if Monet was a candidate, or Eden Fesi.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm a tad surprised Ewing voted for Frenzy. It's great he thinks she has what it takes to be an X-Man but...It's kindasortabutnotreally odd he would just give her away like that. (an' tuh besides...I think she's doing the Goddess' work in XMR...and while I do enjoy Duggan's XM, it just seems like a step "back" in her career)

I would have definitely voted if Monet was a candidate, or Eden Fesi.
    Each writer was likely assigned a different mutant to “vote” for by writing up a paragraph about why their character should win. Ewing, being the writer he is, can write anyone creatively. So while other lesser writers may have picked a favorite, he got stuck with last pick because he can write anyone creatively. My theory.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Each writer was likely assigned a different mutant to “vote” for by writing up a paragraph about why their character should win. Ewing, being the writer he is, can write anyone creatively. So while other lesser writers may have picked a favorite, he got stuck with last pick because he can write anyone creatively. My theory.
    I assumed it was moreso that each got the character they’re most associated with - Spurrier is writing Juggernaut now, Ewing is writing Frenzy, and Gillen is one of the more prominent Proidgy creators. The other 3 then divided from there.

Extraordinary Member

Firestar gets a lot of hate for being an Avenger...but what about Sam??
    SamBobbyAvengers.jpg
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I voted for Frenzy. She deserves some time on the main team, and I'd like to see some messiness between her and Scott. If Jean can hook up with Logan, it's only fair that Scott can look elsewhere, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I assumed it was moreso that each got the character they’re most associated with - Spurrier is writing Juggernaut now, Ewing is writing Frenzy, and Gillen is one of the more prominent Proidgy creators. The other 3 then divided from there.
    Yeah. I agree. You said it better with a bit more detail.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”