Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Firestar gets a lot of hate for being an Avenger...but what about Sam??
    Attachment 129193
    Girls are held to a higher standard. Firestar spends some time as a rookie Avenger, and gets race-traitor appended to her name. Wolverine has a far more prominent role on the Bendis line up, crickets.

I hope Bobby and Anjelica stay on. I love their friendship.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Firestar gets a lot of hate for being an Avenger...but what about Sam??
    The anger directed at Firestar in-story has less to do with her being an Avenger specifically and more about her being more associated with the Avengers than with the mutant community. She's one of the mutants that is just rarely seen in the X-books.

Sam, on the other hand, has been very much a part of the mutant community for the majority of his career--with the New Mutants and later the X-Men. He's not defined as an Avenger first and a mutant second, the way Firestar tends to be. Same with most of the other X-Men who have also served stints as Avengers - like Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Havok and Sunspot.

Gerry Duggan:
    https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...61177208119301

"You've been warned. The 2023 Hellfire Gala is a red issue."

Can't wait to start seeing the fashion for the July extravaganza.
    (Whoops, just saw Diammandis posted this also lol)
    Last edited by JB; 02-06-2023 at 01:13 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Gerry Duggan:

This is just awesome news, I could get a gala issue each year for the next decade and never complain abut it, great concept and fun setup, it’s basically a mini event
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Gerry Duggan:

Looking forward to seeing all the new Gala looks... and also seeing all hell break loose for the first shot of Fall of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The anger directed at Firestar in-story has less to do with her being an Avenger specifically and more about her being more associated with the Avengers than with the mutant community. She's one of the mutants that is just rarely seen in the X-books.

Sam, on the other hand, has been very much a part of the mutant community for the majority of his career--with the New Mutants and later the X-Men. He's not defined as an Avenger first and a mutant second, the way Firestar tends to be. Same with most of the other X-Men who have also served stints as Avengers - like Storm, Wolverine, Rogue, Havok and Sunspot.
    On Twitter there seems to be mixed reasons. One being a former Avenger, the other being that she reminds Emma stans of her wicked past, and the third Angelica being white and taking the spot from a person of colour.

Astonishing Member

Gerry Duggan:

Is he maybe being literal here with his use of red? Implying that this year's Hellfire Gala spins more out of something in X-Men Red than the way the first two were more directly connected to Marauders, X-Men, and Immortal?

Cuz getting the Arakkii involved in the Hellfire Gala or maybe even hosting the event on Arakko this year could be extremely interesting IMO - in particular what narrative angle they'd come up with to get the Arakkii involved or feeling it has anything to do with them or something they need to give a damn about, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Is he maybe being literal here with his use of red? Implying that this year's Hellfire Gala spins more out of something in X-Men Red than the way the first two were more directly connected to Marauders, X-Men, and Immortal?

Cuz getting the Arakkii involved in the Hellfire Gala or maybe even hosting the event on Arakko this year could be extremely interesting IMO - in particular what narrative angle they'd come up with to get the Arakkii involved or feeling it has anything to do with them or something they need to give a damn about, lol.
    That’s a very interesting idea considering they haven’t utilized the “red issue” thing in a long time. Seems like most people forgot about it or don’t even know what it is so I can see that as an X-Men Red hint. I’m sure Apocalypse is going to have something to say about the lavish display and inviting humans to Krakoan property. More and more I think he’s going to be a huge part of the “Fall.”
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I really hope the lineup is a huge shake up next year.

Synch and Marvel Girl should be locks
    Cyclops and Laura are probably too (for better or worse lol)

I think Magik should be in mystical books for a little while. She feels increasingly watered down into a generic superhero.
    Forge could stay or go

If the vote doesn't do it, I hope the lineup does include a (former) villain, one of the younger or newer characters (Khora perhaps?), and just more wild cards/people you wouldn't expect to be on the team.

When will the winner be announced?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

at the Gala. So one of the J months.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    at the Gala. So one of the J months.
    It's confirmed for July. Guessing late July since it seems like most titles have a July issue before Fall of X, as Gillen said Fall of X is after 13 for him and I assume Duggan has issue 24 before the Gala.